Different Types of Wars

Ok, I am sick of having "clingers" that just give up on their nation while at war with me. It is basically because they attacked one of my nations and I defended them. Once they knew they were done they quit. I think either you could specify the type of war 3 day, 5 day, or 7 day. Or even just set it up as that once one nation offers peace, peace is given. I see problems with that because some tech raids will want to be defended. But I see that if you shorten the war length both parties will be happy and if its an alliance war. Blam the 7 day option is there. I think that would be an easy fix to all the frustration.

Thanks for reading this,

KO

That really wouldn't be fair. It needs to be the same amount of attacks per day. Because Tech Raids would be enormous. The mods would work but thats not even necessary. Just the length would help in TE so that there would be more wars.

i think it would be best for a "3 Day War" and "7 Days War" (regardless, only two options that have a 'large' and 'small' incriment, preferably nothing on the extremes (1&2 and 8-10))

There should be some bonus to having a "quick skirmish" compared to a "Long, Heated War"

Perhaps more recources obtainable in "Quick Battle" and discounts (which turn 'negative' at the end of the war) for "Long Wars"?

(I could see examples of discounts in "Long Wars" as with what happened to the US in WW1 with the economic boom)

So for "Long Battles" it might be:

+x% of Soldiers

+x% Ground Battle Strength

-x% on Military Upkeep

-x% Income On Next Collection/During War

And "Short Battles":

+x% Cap on Raidable Resources (IE from 5 tech per attack to 7.5, 10 tech etc)

-x% Battle Strength (due to being 'uprepared')

And possibly if 3 war types is best, a "Normal" War Type with nuetral benefits.

what i could see working as well is one sided peace. If one party offers peace and the other doesnt react at all (ie no attacks etc) then peace is accepted automatically for him after 3 days.

everything else is war slot filling.

i think it would be best for a "3 Day War" and "7 Days War" (regardless, only two options that have a 'large' and 'small' incriment, preferably nothing on the extremes (1&2 and 8-10))

There should be some bonus to having a "quick skirmish" compared to a "Long, Heated War"

Perhaps more recources obtainable in "Quick Battle" and discounts (which turn 'negative' at the end of the war) for "Long Wars"?

(I could see examples of discounts in "Long Wars" as with what happened to the US in WW1 with the economic boom)

So for "Long Battles" it might be:

+x% of Soldiers

+x% Ground Battle Strength

-x% on Military Upkeep

-x% Income On Next Collection/During War

And "Short Battles":

+x% Cap on Raidable Resources (IE from 5 tech per attack to 7.5, 10 tech etc)

-x% Battle Strength (due to being 'uprepared')

And possibly if 3 war types is best, a "Normal" War Type with nuetral benefits.

Actually, I think the longer wars should have more benefits because, I could just do a short 3 day war then get 60 tech during that war. Then I could just re-declare because he would still be in my range

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1248293511' post='1711151']
Actually, I think the longer wars should have more benefits because, I could just do a short 3 day war then get 60 tech during that war. Then I could just re-declare because he would still be in my range
[/quote]

You could just declare a 5 or 7 day war instead of two 3 day wars. Keep It Simple.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think an option should be given. It's a boon for slot fillers who'll say that they want a 7 day war. Because the rounds are so short, 7 days is just way too long to switch from one war to another, especially with TE's fast pace. There's also a lot of people who don't intentionally cling; they just log out of the game after getting the crap beat out of them in a fight and don't log back in.

I say we drop the war time to 5 days in a future round, then later to 3 or 4 days.

• 3 months later...

I really like the 3-4 day war idea. 5 right now is ok too, but 4 would be even better.

But the main problem is this post I made about being able to declare on someone who is [color="#0000FF"][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64037&view=findpost&p=2692269"]50% below your NS[/url][/color].

Edited by Tz30

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...