Rise of Normandie

Bacharth

In the city of Caen, people gathered in a town square before a large stage. On the stage was a podium with a red silk covering something, and large drapes covering what looked to be flagpoles. The gathering was in a grassy area in front of the town hall, where there looked to be a lot of work going on. Nobody outside a secret program was allowed in.

hotel_breaks_normandy_1.jpg

After an hour, a large crowd had gathered. A man in a dark grey suit with military decorations walked out and sat down in a lavish chair set to the right of the stage. Followed by him, a man in a dark suit with no decorations walked out and sat to the left of the stage. The crowd began to quiet down. An orchestra accompanied by a heavily distorted electric guitar began to perform the refrain to Canon in D.

A young man with long, dark, wavy hair walked out. He wore a dark red robe with a golden tunic and black jeans. Across his body was a red and golden sash. He looked a little annoyed at his clothing. The music stopped as the young man walked up to the stage. He began, "It's sunny out here, isn't it?" He reached under the podium and took out a pair of dark aviator style sunglasses. He then proceeded to take off the robe, and a man in a dark red uniform rushed to pick it up. The young man then removed the sash and tunic. Under the tunic was a black T-shirt displaying the words "Led Zeppelin".

"That's better," he said with a smirk. He then addressed the crowd by looking out across them. "Please allow my to introduce my self, my name is Vincent Michael Beauregard. To my right is Henry Auppart, a military strategist of great skill. To my left is Christoph Nugent, one of the brightest political minds at the Universite de Caen. Together, the three of us are going to govern you. Now, what nation will this be? Good question...by myself. This will become the Kingdom of Normandie."

He stopped talking, anticipating something to happen. He looked at the two draped flagpoles, and then he looked over the podium. "Oh goddamnit. You guys are all over it when I drop the robe and the...things, but the minute I want something awesome to happen, where are you?" He shrugged as they removed the tarps over the flags.

Normandy_flag_large.png

And then another went around front and removed the drape over the coat of arms.

OOC: ((Because I can't link to an SVG, just imagine a red shield with two golden leopards on it)) IC:

"As I was saying, the Kingdom of Normandie! The gaelic and viking traditions of this land will not be smashed by a Frenchman if they so desire. My people, this land is our land!"

The people cheered. The speech was broadcast on all televisions across the nation and worldwide. The young, black haired young man's face was broadcast on newspapers worldwide. Vincent Beauregard, the 18 year old King of Normandie.

Kellina Shimadu observed the commotion from a distance, draped in a think navy cloak despite the heat. Beneath the facade of serenity her emotions raged. How dare the Normandians betray France! Her eyes narrowed in on the man in red. Forming this break away state, even as our people yearn for a free and sovereign France? Vincent. Michael. Beauregard. You and your cohorts shall be remembered in history as traitors.

She turned and began to walk away, slowly.

OOC: I want to clarify to Teriethien that I have granted VinceSixx the territory he has claimed in the world map thread. The remaining territory of France would go to you as I have promised. VinceSixx has done no harm here.

IC: We recognise this nation.

OOC: I know, just doing some character development for a ultra-right militant group in the would-be France :P

I probably should have clarified OOCly, sorry -_-

Edited by Teriethien

Strigia is proudly descended from the Great Duchy of Normandy, and we are proud of the reemergence of the territory as it's own, sovereign state. We will seek friendly relations with it through our ancient shared bloodline.

Signed,

Margrave Francis Guiscard.

OOC: I know, just doing some character development for a ultra-right militant group in the would-be France :P

I probably should have clarified OOCly, sorry -_-

OOC: Oooh, fun RP :)

IC: Our foreign ministry will soon be open to diplomats, as we are still setting up the government.