Dragonisia reclaims Indian Ocean artificial island.

Maelstrom Vortex

Given the cost of over $100 million per launch, and an average of over 3 launches a day, your nation must be bankrupt by now. Please do not deny this, there is no way you could sustain that sort of waste of money.

Thousands should not be plural, my mistake.

It is interesting that you assume a cost of over $100 million dollars per satellite launch, when the majority of satellites launched are small and can be released in batches by shuttles or by relatively cheap $30 million launch vehicles. Recent developments have indicated a possible launch cost of $6 million which is one-third of the going rate.

Let's assume an average cost of $50 million dollars per satellite, the cost to launch a thousand satellites would be around $50 Billion dollars. This is a mere drop in the bucket for the Melvin Republic's private sector (which does nearly all of the launches) of the economy, especially for a nation so obsessed with interconnectivity, technology, and economics.

OOC: Thousands = too expensive

Thousand = very possible

Thousands should not be plural, my mistake.

It is interesting that you assume a cost of over $100 million dollars per satellite launch, when the majority of satellites launched are small and can be released in batches by shuttles or by relatively cheap $30 million launch vehicles. Recent developments have indicated a possible launch cost of $6 million which is one-third of the going rate.

Let's assume an average cost of $50 million dollars per satellite, the cost to launch a thousand satellites would be around $50 Billion dollars. This is a mere drop in the bucket for the Melvin Republic's private sector (which does nearly all of the launches) of the economy, especially for a nation so obsessed with interconnectivity, technology, and economics.

OOC: Thousands = too expensive

Thousand = very possible

Considering your far inferior industrial base, we find ourselves having to laugh at your claims of a 'drop' in the bucket of the private industry.

Considering your far inferior industrial base, we find ourselves having to laugh at your claims of a 'drop' in the bucket of the private industry.

BAHAHAHAAHAA!!! Sorry, that joke caught me extremely off guard. Industry and economics is the ONLY thing the Melvin Republic excels at. With a GDP of $2.33 Trillion, I think it is extremely fair to say that the $50 Billion spent on satellite launching is a "drop in the bucket." So, do you have any more baseless arguments?

You could mine the moon?

it would, even with the elevator, be running at a loss to try and transport minerals from the moon to the Earth's surface.

Sometimes a little inflation must be suffered to keep people working.

A little inflation, yes...you underestimate how much we would have to print.

Though we do seem to be turning a corner.

BAHAHAHAAHAA!!! Sorry, that joke caught me extremely off guard. Industry and economics is the ONLY thing the Melvin Republic excels at. With a GDP of $2.33 Trillion, I think it is extremely fair to say that the $50 Billion spent on satellite launching is a "drop in the bucket." So, do you have any more baseless arguments?

Although the Dragon empire does have a larger GDP, it is off set by its relative backwardness in the technological fields, while your state, the Melvin republic, has more advanced technology, but still less advanced than our own, and indeed, what looks to be around a quarter of the industrial base of ourselves. We shall leave you now, for delusions do not make for conductive diplomacy.

OOC:

Technology: 2,788.57

Infrastructure: 2,939.99