Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

Week 4 in La Liga

Lutherville Press (LP)-

MoTW:

Swamplandia Sinners @ Keville United FC

The upset everyone was talking about last week was the upending of the defending champion Springboks by newly promoted United. On the road, the Boks were taken back by the level of play shown by the Keville players as they finished 75% of their shots on their way to a shutout of the Transvaal squad. United were led in their play by 25 year old midfielder Allan MacKean who made his first ever appearance in the Xpert XI lineup.

Swamplandia is coming back after a week off following their own surprise against the Boks, on the road none the less. They could have come away the victor in that match had they not fallen victim to the unfortunate own goal of their forward Hays in the chaotic injury time push by the Boks.

Do the recent scorelines by these two squads against the reigning champion hint at these two teams being equipped to make a surprise run at the title themselves, or do they hint at a weaker than expected 'Boks side? This week's result may not tell us, but it will let the series know which team they should not let their guard down against when they come strolling into town.

Look for the home field advantage to boost an already smoothly working United team to victory.

Keville United FC 3 - 1 Swamplandia Sinners

Other matches:

Transvaal Springboks 2 - 3 Voobaha National

The 'Boks are grasping at straws after two disappointing results. They hope to right the ship this week against a VooNat team that is getting very anxious for their own first victory of the season. Look for the desperation to cause the 'Boks to stretch themselves too thin.

1984 Duckies FC 2 - 2 VolNation Volunteers

Once again the Duckies have a very late home opener. This could be exactly what they need after a disappointing outing against ALDM on matchday 3. The Volunteers are coming off a good win at Roja and hope to be able to wreck the atmosphere at the Duck pond.

Arcadia FC 3 - 0 Estrella Roja

The early season jitters don't seem to be getting to AFC this year as they have in the past, making this squad a very scary team to gameplan against. Led by forward Kewell, AFC have been able to put the balls in the net with little to no resistance from their oppositions defense. Roja on the other hand have not started on a high note and through 3 games have only one measly point.

SEGUNDA

PEI FC 2 - 1 A.M. Adepts FC

SiPS 1 - 3 FC Jekerger

FC Franzharia 0 - 4 Estrellapuerto FC

Spartak MK 2 - 1 Dun Carrig Bohs

TERCERA

El Entrego 2 - 0 RMI Armed Forces FC

Atlético Vinilandês 1 - 3 Compostela Artois

Atlético Melloria 2 - 1 Redemptio Reds

Boltonia 3 - 2 S Team

Edited by DinendelDucky

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the recent scorelines by these two squads against the reigning champion hint at these two teams being equipped to make a surprise run at the title themselves, or do they hint at a weaker than expected 'Boks side?

The later - the retirement of Van Deinsen, an uncertain forward line, and the injury to Alderton have wrecked havoc on the Boks. But of the three, I would say both weak results have been due to poor back-up goalkeeping.

I have this feeling that the 'Vols are going to win. Ian Robertson is the x-factor in the equation that gives me this solution, he out-classes alot of the players in La Liga. 'Vols have been there and won in a cup final 3 times over...and thats just scary.

But even though my gut says 'Vols, I like the Arcadian chances; 3-2 Arcadian. Though i dont see Arcadia keeping pace if this game becomes a goal race...

Nah, I'll keep the team name...

In other news... Arcadia FC has lost out to VolNation Volunteers on penalties, 4-3 after a 2-2 drawn extra time period.

Well, our trophy drought continues. Is there going to be another cup? Hopefully it'll be another seeded one so I get an easy path to the upper echelons :P

I cannot believe that I beat Estrellapuerto FC... even though it was just a friendly, the win was huge for me.

Friendly upsets don't surprise me anymore - mostly because you are forced to play cautious. That why I've probably done awful in friendlies, because we play the complete opposite style. In another league I'm in, my team four divsions below almost always does well against the leading teams. Today I defeated the league champion. Again, I think because you're forced to play passive and that probably negatively affects a stronger squad much more.

Edited by Botha

Friendly upsets don't surprise me anymore - mostly because you are forced to play cautious. That why I've probably done awful in friendlies, because we play the complete opposite style. In another league I'm in, my team four divsions below almost always does well against the leading teams. Today I defeated the league champion. Again, I think because you're forced to play passive and that probably negatively affects a stronger squad much more.

Considering it was a scrub game for me to get some people's form up, I am still impressed... and one of my guys got his scoring touch back, always nice to see.

Considering it was a scrub game for me to get some people's form up, I am still impressed... and one of my guys got his scoring touch back, always nice to see.

Just looking at the game report right now... yes, what an interesting result. You outshot them 6-4 (and won) despite them having a lot more possession and having higher position and player ratings in all positions. Very nicely done!!!

Arcadian is confused at the lack of attention drawn towards the Copa Del Mar Final

LUKAS REITZ [TRANSVALER DAAGLIKSE SPORTNUUS]: "Meh, another cup run... another VolNation cup. Now, what about that Springboks loss to Keville or the Redemptio upset...?"

Tbh I've been 'concentrating on the league' for the last few weeks, so the cup has barely tickled my interest. Well done Volnation.

I see the first round draw for the next cup is out - Keville to play S Team, on the 21st. S-Team are currently first in the Tercera so they can't be mugs, even if their all round strength is only 5.

lol@Botha, but to be honest Copa Del Mar was probably the most competitive cup La Liga has ever witnessed.

I thought the cup two seasons ago was pretty good, but then perhaps I'm biased as we ade the semi-finals.

Anyways I like the idea of the two different cup formats (1 games viz. 2 games) in the same season. Now if we could only reduce the divisions to 8 teams then all would be awesome. Not a huge fan of our current season stretching across five and a half months - too long.

I thought the cup two seasons ago was pretty good, but then perhaps I'm biased as we ade the semi-finals.

Anyways I like the idea of the two different cup formats (1 games viz. 2 games) in the same season. Now if we could only reduce the divisions to 8 teams then all would be awesome. Not a huge fan of our current season stretching across five and a half months - too long.

I agree with you about the season length... it gets ominous after a while.

So 22 teams have to play in the First Round... good to see Arcadia's seeding moved up due to their performance.

So the 5 teams who await in the Second Round are, I think, Arcadia FC, ALDM, VolNation plus two others... not sure who they are.

And good to see a two-legged cup, like it should be (as in one single-leg cup, and one double-leg cup).

So 22 teams have to play in the First Round... good to see Arcadia's seeding moved up due to their performance.

So the 5 teams who await in the Second Round are, I think, Arcadia FC, ALDM, VolNation plus two others... not sure who they are.

And good to see a two-legged cup, like it should be (as in one single-leg cup, and one double-leg cup).

Other two are Dun Carrig Bohs (last seasons Tercera champion) and PEI FC (Cup semi-finalist).

And in complete agreement on the TWO Cup format.... one as a single game knockout, other as a two-leg elimination.

At first I liked the idea to theme the Liga cups after the seasons of the year, much like a celebration or a kick off. The cups were unorganized, but competitive. This year I would like to organize and up the competition by instituting the first cup of the season as a showcase of the fine nations that participate in the greatest league in the world. I used ALDM's home city of Luz Del Mar(Capitol of Costa Libertad) as the inaugural cup of this theme, Copa Del Mar.

I would like to take it a step further next season. I would like any manager in La Liga(Primera through Tercera) would wishes that their home nation will submit pictures and attractions that will lure other managers to vote for them. The list will be narrowed down to 4 and from there the final destination will be chosen in a poll. Pictures and guides are highly encouraged to entice votes. Make every manager believe that your nation and city is futbol heaven. These cups will be single-legged, You will be able to name the cup tournament, and as the commissioner of La Liga, I expect every manager to take this cup seriously, and the Big 3 as the examples-even though this first cup is more relaxed then Copa Legada.

Copa Legada is the Premier cup in La Liga, it will always be 2-legged and is the Championship of Liga Mundo. It will always end relevant to the end of the season.

HUGE milestone today for Liga Mundo. With the help of everyone, Liga Brass, I am pleased to announce that Liga Mundo is not only the greatest League on Planet Bob, but it is one of the true Gems in the entire Xpert11 genre. Liga Mundo is currently ranked 918.

918. Do you know the magnitude of a ranking of that kind?

Lets take a look....

On this day:

Pro League is ranked 499(3040 managers)

Final League is ranked 514(3060 managers)

xpert league ranked 539

get the picture?

Liga Mundo has only 27 managers, and it is one of the top 1000 leagues in the ENTIRE world. La Liga defines the term Quality over Quantity.

This warrants a double post... but I am loving this. Now 3 points clear because ALDM had a bye. ALDM and VolNation go at it, if VolNation win, I am 5 points clear at the top of the table! If they draw, I am also 5 points clear at the top of the table! And still, even with a game in hand, 5 point leads are hard to cut...

:awesome: