Singapore looking to modernise RSAF

Lynneth

"We're interested in the MPTH-47 helicopter. What would be the price for one, and what would be the price to construct roughly 350 of them on our own, with a license from you?"

The price is 10 Million MP Rupees (roughly 2 million USD IRL) per unit. To produce 350 on your own, we will require 100 million MP Rupees (a good bargain, 1/7 of what it would cost for us to make them), along with half the cost of producing and shipping the new machinery, and your guarantee that the machinery will either be returned to us (we'll store it if you want to use it again) or scrapped.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

*Classified response*

"This is, in comparison to the other offers, the most interesting offer we have gotten. Indeed, the reports of Rebel Army having one of the, if not the best airforce in the world seem to be true, with the planes you are offering us. If possible, we'd like to acquire licenses for domestic production, though we'll gladly buy a variety from you to eventually phase out our old planes. Especially the Orca and the Viper are highly interesting for us."

***Classified***

Due to reasons of national security, we apologize, but we cannot give out licenses for production. We would be more then happy to sell them to you though, the variants we fly at that.

The price is 10 Million MP Rupees (roughly 2 million USD IRL) per unit. To produce 350 on your own, we will require 100 million MP Rupees (a good bargain, 1/7 of what it would cost for us to make them), along with half the cost of producing and shipping the new machinery, and your guarantee that the machinery will either be returned to us (we'll store it if you want to use it again) or scrapped.

OOC: 2/7th, actually.

IC:

"Then we would like to purchase the license.

We guarantee that the Marscurian machinery will be returned to their country once the previously mentioned number of helicopters - 350 - has been manufactured. The money has been made ready for the transfer, and will be sent once the ships transporting the machinery have left harbor and are on the way to Singapore."

***Classified***

Due to reasons of national security, we apologize, but we cannot give out licenses for production. We would be more then happy to sell them to you though, the variants we fly at that.

*Classified response*

"That is not a problem.

We would thus like to replace our entire airforce with your planes, and approximately 80% of our air cavalry with the Orca and Erdogan helicopters. Could we arrange it so that the payments are made over the course of several months or 2-4 years? Replacing an airforce is rather expensive, after all."

*End of*

*Public announcement*

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we thank everyone for their interest.

We have made several contracts for the modernisation of our airforce and air cavalry, and thus will likely require no further offers for the time being, though we are still evaluating who exactly will get the final contract. They will be contacted within the next days.

Thank you."

Edited by Lynneth

"We see you have already had enough offers for aircraft, but no one has yet stepped forward to allow you a place to build an airbase to store these craft. So long as you can honestly pledge never to use the airbase or the craft stationed at it to strike at any member of the Australasian Coalition, we would be happy to allow you to do this in Promised Land."

"We see you have already had enough offers for aircraft, but no one has yet stepped forward to allow you a place to build an airbase to store these craft. So long as you can honestly pledge never to use the airbase or the craft stationed at it to strike at any member of the Australasian Coalition, we would be happy to allow you to do this in Promised Land."

"Indeed, not one nation has approached us for the foreign airbase until now.

We would gladly build it in Promised Land and pledge to never use it against the AC. Should you desire it, we could make an appropriate treaty."

OOC: Foreign Airbase GET

Andonia would gladly allow Singapore to build an airbase within our borders, as long as the leaders of the Dragon Empire do not object.

"Please consult them on this. Should they agree, we'd gladly construct an airbase."

We would gladly build it in Promised Land and pledge to never use it against the AC. Should you desire it, we could make an appropriate treaty."

OOC: Wanna build one in New England?

<3

A treaty is not necessary. Come and build your base whenever you wish.

OOC: Wanna build one in New England?

<3

OOC: A bit too far away from me, sorry. <3

A treaty is not necessary. Come and build your base whenever you wish.

"Thank you very much. We will immediately send construction workers, though we hope that you can contribute workers, as well. We'll pay them the standard Singaporean wages, if you don't mind."

Should Promised Land not mind, then the PL-workers would, upon getting the first payment from Singapore, find out that it was quite a bit higher than anywhere else.

Singapore was not only incredibly rich for its size, it was also one of the world's most expensive cities, which justified the wages.

"Thank you very much. We will immediately send construction workers, though we hope that you can contribute workers, as well. We'll pay them the standard Singaporean wages, if you don't mind."

Should Promised Land not mind, then the PL-workers would, upon getting the first payment from Singapore, find out that it was quite a bit higher than anywhere else.

Singapore was not only incredibly rich for its size, it was also one of the world's most expensive cities, which justified the wages.

"Oh, yes, we are sure there will be plenty of laborers willing to work for you. We must warn you, however, that security measures for those entering the nation are strict. Other than any armed guards and others with the appropriate permits, no one will be permitted to bring weapons or hazardous material through the border."

With the unemployment rate higher than it had been in some time, many workers would be desperate to find any source of work.

"Oh, yes, we are sure there will be plenty of laborers willing to work for you. We must warn you, however, that security measures for those entering the nation are strict. Other than any armed guards and others with the appropriate permits, no one will be permitted to bring weapons or hazardous material through the border."

With the unemployment rate higher than it had been in some time, many workers would be desperate to find any source of work.

"Not a problem. We will only send those who'll eventually garrison the base once it's actually finished. Until then, our workers will rely on your police force and their own strength to keep criminaly away from the construction site."

The more workers from Promised Land came to help, the quicker the base would be built, though a maximum of 5,000 men would be allowed to complement the Singaporean working force.

OOC: Fun fact: With my GDP and relatively low population, my GDP per capita is 135,351.4 S$, about 3 times that of the US. Subsequently, your workers would get very high wages, which would enable them to live for a while without too many worries. Yay!

"Not a problem. We will only send those who'll eventually garrison the base once it's actually finished. Until then, our workers will rely on your police force and their own strength to keep criminaly away from the construction site."

The more workers from Promised Land came to help, the quicker the base would be built, though a maximum of 5,000 men would be allowed to complement the Singaporean working force.

OOC: Fun fact: With my GDP and relatively low population, my GDP per capita is 135,351.4 S$, about 3 times that of the US. Subsequently, your workers would get very high wages, which would enable them to live for a while without too many worries. Yay!

OOC: Cool... :awesome:

IC: The men from Singapore would have no trouble hiring enough workers to reach the maximmum limit. Plus, the small boost to the economy might help turn the recession around. A benefit for all concerned. If they so wished, there were also several construction companies that would be willing to loan their equipment to the project--for a price, of course.

OOC: And I think that wraps up my part in this, unless you want to Rp the construction in a little more detail.

OOC: Cool... :awesome:

IC: The men from Singapore would have no trouble hiring enough workers to reach the maximmum limit. Plus, the small boost to the economy might help turn the recession around. A benefit for all concerned. If they so wished, there were also several construction companies that would be willing to loan their equipment to the project--for a price, of course.

OOC: And I think that wraps up my part in this, unless you want to Rp the construction in a little more detail.

OOC: Just a bit more, because of the construction companies...

IC: The offers of the construction companies were gladly taken by the overseers of the construction, as there were no private construction firms in Singapore. The prices to build were simply too high, and thus almost 80% of all buildings were owned by the state.

Similarly to the wages of the workers, the equipment would be paid for in Singapore prices, noticably higher than Promised Land standards.

OOC: That should be it.

Foreign Airforce base GET.

*goes edit the factbook*

*Classified response*

"That is not a problem.

We would thus like to replace our entire airforce with your planes, and approximately 80% of our air cavalry with the Orca and Erdogan helicopters. Could we arrange it so that the payments are made over the course of several months or 2-4 years? Replacing an airforce is rather expensive, after all."

***Classified***

Of course, we have multiple plans, all made to fit any customer's budget. We also were wondering if you would like an AFB in the RA, and possibly to collaborate with us in interstellar research and exploration.

As Dragon Empire Triumvirate, Kingdom of Cochin supports Andonia's bid for building a Foreign Air Force Base for Singapore in Andonia.

"We are grateful for your support."

***Classified***

Of course, we have multiple plans, all made to fit any customer's budget. We also were wondering if you would like an AFB in the RA, and possibly to collaborate with us in interstellar research and exploration.

*Classified response*

"Then we would like to pay in monthly payments for a duration of three years, so that the military's budget is not sucked up by the airforce alone.

Regarding the other two suggestions: We would gladly establish an AFB in RA. Additionally, collaboration in interstellar research and exploration would surely benefit us all, and as we already have plans for a space program - but not the required space in our country - we would gladly share those with you, as well as help in your own program as well as we can."

OOC: 2/7th, actually.

IC:

"Then we would like to purchase the license.

We guarantee that the Marscurian machinery will be returned to their country once the previously mentioned number of helicopters - 350 - has been manufactured. The money has been made ready for the transfer, and will be sent once the ships transporting the machinery have left harbor and are on the way to Singapore."

OOC: What's 1/7 between friends? :P

IC: License granted. The machinery has just finished being constructed and is being loaded onto the Shif Shipping cargo ship MPS Ibex in Karachi harbor. It should be a relatively short voyage to Singapore. We will be requesting 60 million MP Rupees for the machery and shipping.

kenttrader2008Oct04_3446.jpg

Chedmaster10L.jpg

Several large pieces of machinery are being loaded onto the ship for the journey.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

OOC: What's 1/7 between friends? :P

IC: License granted. The machinery has just finished being constructed and is being loaded onto the Shif Shipping cargo ship MPS Ibex in Karachi harbor. It should be a relatively short voyage to Singapore. We will be requesting 60 million MP Rupees for the machery and shipping.

kenttrader2008Oct04_3446.jpg

Chedmaster10L.jpg

Several large pieces of machinery are being loaded onto the ship for the journey.

"The necessary money will be transferred within the next hours."

SingaporePortSmall.jpg (clickable)

The port of Singapore, where the ships would soon arrive at.

*Classified response*

"Then we would like to pay in monthly payments for a duration of three years, so that the military's budget is not sucked up by the airforce alone.

Regarding the other two suggestions: We would gladly establish an AFB in RA. Additionally, collaboration in interstellar research and exploration would surely benefit us all, and as we already have plans for a space program - but not the required space in our country - we would gladly share those with you, as well as help in your own program as well as we can."

***Classified Response*

That would be acceptable. Enclosed with this message is the 3-year payment plan. As for the AFB, pick a region and we'd be more then happy to make suggests on where to build it and to start it's construction. As well, we can even lend you RAF engineers/servicemen to aid you with your ongoing maintenance of your aircraft from RA and other national origins. Even though you already have a handful or two of engineers for the next three months to teach you how to maintain, arm, fly, etc. the Viper, Vindicator, Orca, and Erdogan. As for interstellar research, welcome aboard! Our main research and launch facilities are the space elevator (and the whole area) in west Africa, and Caelum Center in Ecuador. In addition, seeing our continuously intertwining military industries and capabilities, our joint space program, plus overall exquisite relations, would Singapore be interested in an MDP with Rebel Army?

***Classified Response*

That would be acceptable. Enclosed with this message is the 3-year payment plan. As for the AFB, pick a region and we'd be more then happy to make suggests on where to build it and to start it's construction. As well, we can even lend you RAF engineers/servicemen to aid you with your ongoing maintenance of your aircraft from RA and other national origins. Even though you already have a handful or two of engineers for the next three months to teach you how to maintain, arm, fly, etc. the Viper, Vindicator, Orca, and Erdogan. As for interstellar research, welcome aboard! Our main research and launch facilities are the space elevator (and the whole area) in west Africa, and Caelum Center in Ecuador. In addition, seeing our continuously intertwining military industries and capabilities, our joint space program, plus overall exquisite relations, would Singapore be interested in an MDP with Rebel Army?

*Classified response*

"We would then like to establish the AFB either in northern egypt or Gaza or central Syria, one of these regions. It would also be great if you could send some engineers and/or servicemen to advise our technicians. They may learn quite a bit from your men.

Regarding the space research, we'll immediately send scientists and technicians to the Space Elevator, from where they can be assigned to whatever post needs them at the time.

As for the treaty...Well, we do indeed feel similar to you. Our relations are optimal, our industries and capabilities to intertwine indeed, and the space program is the delicious cherry on top of the cake. We agree to this MDP."

OOC: Heh, the results actually varys for me. For instance, with a 1000x citizen multiplier (that is, 92 million citizens), I get a GDP per capita of about $13,000. If I use the 100x citizen multiplier (9.2 million citizens), I get a GDP per capita of about $130,000. If I apply the RL population of all the RL US states and Canadian provinces that are in RP New England (~34 million), I get a GDP of about $35,000.

Funny story, huh?

OOC: Heh, the results actually varys for me. For instance, with a 1000x citizen multiplier (that is, 92 million citizens), I get a GDP per capita of about $13,000. If I use the 100x citizen multiplier (9.2 million citizens), I get a GDP per capita of about $130,000. If I apply the RL population of all the RL US states and Canadian provinces that are in RP New England (~34 million), I get a GDP of about $35,000.

Funny story, huh?

OOC: Of course the result varies.

Per capita means "per person", after all.

So if you have 1 million per person and you have 1 million people, it's only 1.

If you have 10,000 people, then it's 100. Et cetera. Simple math, nothing too strange about it. Just depends on the pop you use.