1-800-MYSARAH

Sargun II

He could see here eyes get worried, so he motioned for him to put her down. The butcher sighed a little bit but said, "Don't worry, lass, he's gonna rescue you," in a loud enough voice for everyone to hear. More laughter ensued, mostly from the children who enjoyed destroying fourth walls, and he slowly swung down to the ground. "You'll let me go or else I'll hurt her too!"

"With what? A string?"

"Not just any string, lad, but a STRING OF DESTRUCTION."

"This is just ridiculous," he muttered, making an exaggerated face (directed at the children, of course) and zoomed forward, arms outstretched. "Grab~"

This was indeed getting ridiculous, but Sarah felt much better after the butcher put her down and she quietly thanked him for being understanding about the situation, but then almost immediately after reaching the ground the comedy once again ensued. "A string of destruction?" Sarah looked at him completely confused and then as he reached forward and grabbed the Butchers apron, which was extremely unexpected. The butcher lost his balance and pushed Sarah back towards the wall. The next thing she knew she was pinned up against the wall and upon reaching up for some air grabbed the curtain and could feel it coming undone.

"Oh shi-"

There when the curtains toppling over them and the smell of velvet overcame the stadium, along with massive laughter from the audience. Sarah. Buried underneath the curtains flushed around for a minute.

"Evan?! Evan?! I can't see! Where are you?"

"I can't see! Where are you?"

Evan instantly pressed the '!@#$ I need to get off this' button and the strings were severed, so he crashed to the ground from fifteen feet in the air. The children gasped as he hit the ground, but applauded when he got up and ran to Sarah without missing a beat. The curtains weren't very tough so he just grabbed a large piece and tore it open much like Superman would his shirt. He went through at least three layers before finally seeing her hand. He grabbed it and squeezed as hard as he could and thrust his other hand through the hole (no innuendo there). His hand groped around for a bit and eventually found her waist, and he pulled as hard as he could.

"Come on, Sarah, I'm here," he muttered as he pulled her upper body through the hole and eventually her entire body. He fell backwards, holding her waist and clasping her hand. "You alright?" He asked, raising his arms and giving her a very tight hug. There were several giggles from the children.

He yanked her up a little stronger than she would have liked, but at least she was out of the curtain tomb that had fallen on top of her. Coming back out into the original darkness of the stadium, she noticed her mask had fallen off under the pressure of the curtain as she looked at the audience. She could almost feel the tension in the room, after all, all these people were part of the Commonwealth. They were all her citizens and she was sure that they hadn't expected the Lady Protector to show up to one of these plays.

She looked out, nervous into the crowd, as the other actors began to climb their way out from under the drapes. Evan tapped her on the shoulder and she broke out of her trance and once again movement went throughout her body. Sarah grinned at the audience and took Evan's arm as she lifted it in the air as they bowed down for a curtain call. "Trust me ladies and gentlemen, I wasn't expected anything like this either. But that's the beauty of drama. Ad lib"

Turning back to Evan, Sarah smiled up at him. "It was an awesome surprise. But what were the paintbrushes for?"

Evan bowed to the audience, worryingly noticing the small flashes from cameras taking pictures of them. He kept his smile on, but looked down at Sarah. She really was small compared to him. "Well, this was the Artemis Benefit for the Children Project, or the ABC project, so the adults were supposed to have fun with kids today. There's a giant field and we're laying down a giant white sheet. Very thick. And we're gonna splatter ourselves with paint and roll around and make masterpieces and fingerpaint and footpaint and.. whatever paint."

He smiled. "Unless you're tired of entertaining children."

She gave him a slight love tap on the side of the arm and shook her head. "C'mon you know me better than that Evan." Sarah looked down at her clothes. An old t-shirt that she had when she was like seventeen and a pair of stained blue jeans. "I think it sound's like fun and I'm always up for helping the kids out."

Evan led Sarah out of the stadium and behind it to where a section of the island's jungle area had been cleared revealing a large farm field. There sprawled over the dirt and the plants was a thick piece of canvas. Which probably cost somewhere in the ballpark of ten thousand dollars or more. Canvas was extremely expensive and the massive amounts of paint that had been purchased from god knows where, no this project could be anywhere around hundreds of thousands of dollars to perhaps even millions of dollars. So for as rich as Evan was, as the ex-CEO of Artemis, Sarah was still a bit skeptical of the situation and whispered to him as they walked down the hill to the sheet. "How much did all this cost you? It must have been astronomical."

Finally coming to the paint depots Sarah stopped where some of the kids were gathering to dip their feet in or their hands in to run across the canvas. Then she thought of something that put a huge smile on her face. Yanking Evan harder to the depot, Sarah grabbed a bucket of green paint and a bucket of blue paint. Then without skipping a beat, took the open bucket of blue and dumped it on herself, causing everyone to stop around her as she screamed at the sudden cold of the paint and the smiliness that was overcoming her body.

"Now your turn!" She reached down and in one movement dumped the other bucket onto Evan before he could move then sticking out her tongue ran full speed across the canvas trying to stay away from her lovable pursuer.

Evan looked around, a grin on his face. "The grass being perfectly healthy cost two hundred thousand, the canvas was about eight hundred thousand, the paint was close to two million because the first batch got ruined, and the stadium I put six hundred and seventy-two million dollars in. About six-seventy-six million overall, and there's two more phases left," he added, the sun adding a twinkle in his eyes. "And.. I think the play materials cost about eighty thousand, and the plane tickets for most of these families were through the roof. Highway robbery," he muttered, chuckling.

When they finally got to the paint depots, Sarah yanked him - damn, she was strong for such a little woman - and took a shower with the blue. He blinked for a moment, then was washed over with a wave of green paint. He staggered back and let her run as fast as she could, then gave out a bear-like laugh and ran after her. Unfortunately, he was much larger than the children and would crush them if he ran like he normally did, so he was forced to maneuver away, much like trying not to hit his wingmen in exercises. His eyes followed her blue body through the crowd, until she made a turn and headed straight towards the thing he wanted to reveal near the middle.

The paint pit.

It was a pit with paint slowly filling it up and slowly getting drained at a certain height, meaning the paint was always above your ankles but not yet at your knees. It was built ten feet in the ground and lined with soft clay to prevent injuries from kids getting a bit too active. Unfortunately, it was also covered with canvas. The guards of it saw Sarah running their way and let her go through (after all, they were hired by him). He grinned and put on a burst of speed, then jumped forward. He slid past her (after all, he was slick as a greased hog on a sunday) and into the slight depression where the pit was, and promptly split the canvas and fell through.

"GOTCHA!" He yelled, even though she was still ten feet above him and he was stuck in a paint pit.