Does efficiency affect happiness?

I've never noticed any change due to efficiency - that's not to say there isn't one, but I would suggest that its most likely GR (Global Radiation).

As mentioned above though, GR has direct coloration to the environment figure of your nation.

The global radiation level would not have affected anything over the last few days, it's been pegged for a month. Are you sure nothing has changed? Things that can change happiness are soldier count, soldier efficiency, resources, events, population density, environment changes, chosen government, desired religion. If you are sure that nothing has changed and your happiness has changed by one or two points, see if your citizens are desiring a new religion or government, or if you have changed government see if your current one does not have a happiness bonus or has a negative environment effect. Often times it's just your people no longer being satisfied with their government or a side affect of of you changing to a government that had negative environment, higher soldier efficiency, or no happiness bonus.

Are you sure nothing has changed?

Yep.

I am selling tech however nothing has actually changed. In my 3x3 deal I went 50 > 0 > 50 > 0 > 50 in the space of about an hour so the tech level effectively hasn't changed at all.

It seems to have stopped now so perhaps you get a small happiness bonus with an efficiency level above 150 (or 200?) which I was briefly?

Edited by thekirbyfake