another wonder or more infra?

kswiss2783

Interesting question. I think that this is a grey area, where options are not yet calculated. Though, however, my feeling is that you should buy a next wonder once you are able to (so every month), and on the other days of the month you invest in more infrastructure.

If you can give a lot of data, preferable too much, I can see with what I can come up with. Though you're not at a point yet where infrastructure will no longer be worth buying.

I would go with great monument. then your people will ALWAYS want monarchy. Which is in a sense, +6 happiness compared to back in the days when they didn't want monarchy and you chose it before. Right now, if I chose monarchy and they DO want it then I get a +2 happiness. If I were to chose monarchy and they did not want it then the -1 happiness for choosing something they didn't want would be offset by the +1 that monarchy gave me. So now it is almost like having +6 happiness. which depending on your infra/trades set up could make it anywhere from a 9-14 dollar per citizen boost.

I would go with great monument. then your people will ALWAYS want monarchy. Which is in a sense, +6 happiness compared to back in the days when they didn't want monarchy and you chose it before. Right now, if I chose monarchy and they DO want it then I get a +2 happiness. If I were to chose monarchy and they did not want it then the -1 happiness for choosing something they didn't want would be offset by the +1 that monarchy gave me. So now it is almost like having +6 happiness. which depending on your infra/trades set up could make it anywhere from a 9-14 dollar per citizen boost.

I'm not going to explain in great detail, the difference between the two is almost the negligible. But the great temple is more worthwhile. The great monument is not a +6 wonder. Yes, there is a +4 happiness, yes, your people will be happy with the religion you choose giving +1 happiness, and yes monarchy provides +1 happiness. But in almost every single case a nation will already have one of the final two options in their favour already. How often will your government be set to something your people do not want and not be on monarchy? Never. So now that we've settled on the fact that it's a +5 happiness wonder, consider the scenario where your people want monarchy anyway, now it's a +4 happiness wonder. This is what gives the great temple an edge, as it is always a +5 happiness wonder whereas there is a slight chance the monument will only be a +4 happiness wonder.

Where you may have be going wrong is saying that for having the correct government provides you with +1 happiness and not having the correct government is -1 happiness, but in reality there is no bonus for having the correct government, and choosing the wrong one is -1 happiness.

Also, it has already been said enough, but another wonder is the best choice.

Edited by Drai

Yeah, the +5 happiness wonders go as follows:

1. Stock Market($10.00 is the same as +5 happiness)

2. Great Temple

3. Internet

4. Great Monument(because of the times when your citizens actually want monarchy)

Precisely, and the stock market is first because of the fact that it's $5 million cheaper.

Its frozen at $10 so there is no impact on it.

There is an impact from Improvements on the total amount you gain though.

5 happiness = $10 "at base", and these wonders behave the same as a +$10 wonder.

However, for both types then improvements can increase the actual amount of per-citz income to $20.76 max (depending on which income% increasing improvements you actually have).

There is an impact from Improvements on the total amount you gain though.

5 happiness = $10 "at base", and these wonders behave the same as a +$10 wonder.

However, for both types then improvements can increase the actual amount of per-citz income to $20.76 max (depending on which income% increasing improvements you actually have).

Key word. Happiness.

Happiness is increased by improvements and such. +$10 isn't.

The income amount is effected by improvements/trades. I cant be bothered explaining this but im sure someone else more handy with words can do so for you if you require.

Let me... :-)

Key word. Happiness.

Happiness is increased by improvements and such. +$10 isn't.

I think you've missed something here. Each happiness point just gives you +$2 income "at base". Afterwards the Improvements which increase income by certain percentages kick in, and affect both standard income and the income gained from happiness in exactly the same way. See also below.

You mean income% improvements affect those wonders that has +happiness as well? +5 happiness will give me approx. $5.80 net so I have to add in the % of improvements as well?

This is indeed a good example.

+5 happiness gives +$10 "at base"

If you have Banks, a Foreign Ministry, a Harbor, Schools and Universities this all increases the income by a percentage. If you do the math you will see that if you have all the Improvements that increase the income, the total factor is 2.076.

In detail:

5 Banks: +35%

1 Foreign Ministry: +5%

1 Harbor: +1%

5 Schools: +25%

2 Universities: +16%

1.35 * 1.05 * 1.01 * 1.25 * 1.16 = 2.07592875

So +$10 "at base" becomes +$20.759 in reality. With a 28% taxrate this then means your income will rise by about $5.81

and note that it really doesn't matter how you got the "+$10 at base". a "5-happiness wonder" or a "+$10 wonder" work exactly the same