A Tour of the Hanseatic Territories

Margrave

A brief announcement from the office of Luis De Luit, Keeper of the Free Marchar and Defender Of The Commonwealth:

"During the next few days, I will be making a tour of our territories, particularly those of Russia and Japan. Before I leave, however, I wish to give some concept of what I will be doing there, and what I intend to accomplish."

"In regards to Japan: the failure to integrate ourselves culturally with Japan is a great failure on behalf of the Hanseatic Government. Thus, I am charged by the Lady Protector to investigate any and all opportunities to draw closer to our Japanese brethren. As the leader of the Marchar, I find the Japanese race to be a people of possibility, strong to any task, an honorable breed of human being with codes and ideals resembling our own. It is thus that I am interested in strengthening Japanese participation in the Hanseatic Military, closing the gaps of understanding between us, and using the best of Japanese knowledge and techniques to educate and strengthen the Commonwealth and the rest of the Pacific."

"In Russia, I intend to see to our military defenses, openings and opportunities for trade, the establishment of a better road and railway system, and political support for native governments within our Protectorate. There are signs that strong, local, democratically elected townships are prospering in the protectorate, and it is my happy duty to give them aid. As well, I will ensure that the Russians who live within our Demesne are not ignored culturally or politically. I particularly wish to study the feasibility of having translations of all Russian related government documents in the native tongue, and generally giving it the potential to flourish across the Hansa."

"Finally, in the rest of our Pacific territories, there have been concerns that their territories have been ignored culturally. The Hansa benefits from the various people groups under within the Commonwealth, and the Lady's emphasis of uniting the diverse races under one political banner is tempered by her express orders to encourage native cultures and pride.

"That is all at this time."

*Memo to Luis De Luit*

The intergration of the Fuyo-clann does not need mentioning. However, the Neo Japanese are still very entrenched in their ethocentric views, so it will take a long time for us to bring them into the Hanseatic culture. I suggest we start the immigration of the Marchar after the Neo Japanese have accepted the Fuyo-clann.

- Kawasaki Shozo

*Memo to Luis De Luit*

The intergration of the Fuyo-clann does not need mentioning. However, the Neo Japanese are still very entrenched in their ethocentric views, so it will take a long time for us to bring them into the Hanseatic culture. I suggest we start the immigration of the Marchar after the Neo Japanese have accepted the Fuyo-clann.

- Kawasaki Shozo

*Private Response*

"I will tame the Dragons of the East and wrestle with their nationalism. We do not seek the end of the Japanese people, but to allow the best techniques and ideals of that people to spread throughout the Hansa and give them a proper place of honor amongst us. They may do as they wish, but they are also a people who are under the guard and Watch of the Lady Protector. They will see reason, it is the only way for any of us to survive the coming storms.

"Never the less, I will take this under advisement, friend, and move to send less of us, to areas more ready for diversity and cultural understanding."

Keeper Luis De Luit

*Message to Luis De Luit*

We wonder about the state of the territories once known as french polynesia. Vastly separated from the rest of the Hansa, if these islands are suffering, we would wish to know, as we may be in a position to help.

*Part of Classified Report to the Lady Protector and Defender*

Ethnic Demographics of Japan

Total Population: 10,979,000 (Neo Japanese: 91%, Fuyo-clann: 8%, Ainu: 1%)

Kanto: 6,950,000 (Neo Japanese: 100%)

Kansai: 1,075,000 (Neo Japanese: 100%)

Chubu: 1,009,000 (Neo Japanese: 100%)

Chugoku: 609,000 (Neo Japanese: 100%)

Tohoku: 712,000 (Neo Japanese: 19%, Fuyo-clann: 81%)

Hokkaido: 449,000 (Neo Japanese: 6%, Fuyo-clann: 68%, Ainu: 26%)

Karafuto: 161,000 (Neo Japanese: 7%, Fuyo-clann: 78%, Ainu: 15%)

Chishima: 16,000 (Neo Japanese: 6%, Fuyo-clann: 82%, Ainu: 12%)

Edited by Sumeragi

*Message to Luis De Luit*

We wonder about the state of the territories once known as french polynesia. Vastly separated from the rest of the Hansa, if these islands are suffering, we would wish to know, as we may be in a position to help.

*We will personally investigate this matter and inform you of their status at your leisure. *-De Luit

OOC: All right, this is my last and final RP post about Japan and its demographics. Here we go. I have talked to Frost, Sumer and then Madame Unicorn was finally able to calm my nerves about this. Sumer first off...I said that you could have one million Fuyos in Japan...you still have four million along with no RP that transferred them into Japan. Frost had closed borders before and therefore a massive movement of 4 million or even 1 million like I specified would and should come with a valid RP. Now this is a note to Frost who is reading the forums while banned and to Sumer who is RPing my demographics. STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY !@#$@#$ COUNTRY! Frost you gave up Japan to me, let me run it the way I want to, Sumer stop doing stuff like this with Japan, you have Yamato that's Japan, you two are both taking me away from trying to have some fun in this game and writing a decent story but instead I get embroiled in your OOC conflict. You two aren't going to fight this through me, so both of you lay off.

I'm sorry that I'm doing this, but listening to the constant IRC and PM is sickening. MY COUNTRY, MY PEOPLE, MY RULES, Frost when you get back on and Sumer if you want to RP discontent, RP discontent, if you want to RP people moving, then RP people moving, but I'm done listening to your OOC fest that is continuing on even after one of you is banned. Don't ask about demographics again, just RP your people. Frost's stats stay, Sumer: Neo Japan is not a back water country and Frost: Sumer can have 1 MILLION people in the country. But this bickering is done...NOW.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY !@#$@#$ COUNTRY! Frost you gave up Japan to me, let me run it the way I want to, Sumer stop doing stuff like this with Japan, you have Yamato that's Japan, you two are both taking me away from trying to have some fun in this game and writing a decent story but instead I get embroiled in your OOC conflict. You two aren't going to fight this through me, so both of you lay off.

I'm sorry that I'm doing this, but listening to the constant IRC and PM is sickening. MY COUNTRY, MY PEOPLE, MY RULES, Frost when you get back on and Sumer if you want to RP discontent, RP discontent, if you want to RP people moving, then RP people moving, but I'm done listening to your OOC fest that is continuing on even after one of you is banned. Don't ask about demographics again, just RP your people. Frost's stats stay, Sumer: Neo Japan is not a back water country and Frost: Sumer can have 1 MILLION people in the country. But this bickering is done...NOW.

OOC: This is totally what happened when I controlled Korea. You lot should still be ashamed.