Attack on WOLF by FOK?

Programming101

This word 'escalate' is your excuse to fly off the handle and go crazy, when all it really means is that the defending alliance is defending their member from YOUR initial aggression. Do you not understand that the possibility of escalation wouldn't even exist if your member hadn't started the war?

Your guy created the war with the tech raid, so you are in no position to complain (or justify further aggression on your part) when a defending alliance moves to protect themselves against YOUR initial attacker. The war should not have to remain 1v1 if the defending alliance wishes to help it's member, because it is usually the case in techraids that the attacking nation is bigger and more capable militarily than the defending nation. Therefore, a military response and fast declarations in support of their member are perfectly justified, and provided that they are accompanied with diplomacy (ie. an agreement for peace all round once the initial aggression has stopped and is reasonably paid for) is an acceptable course of action.

Good to see someone that likes The Sims better then CN. By implying its MY guy you imply that I ordered the initial attack.

For some reason you thickheaded guys keep on discussing the Tech Raids. Let me make that clear for you once and for all, since some of you dont seem to comprehend: there is no discussion.

For the other matter: you want war? You get it. If you dont want to go diplomatic you can get it whatever way you want.

The part where you say: filling up the slots with more alliance members is however one thing I agree on. Though the military response is nothing more then an act of aggression by an entire Alliance.

And if you then start crying that we are ''The Big Mean Machine'': well wake up: you wanted full scale alliance wars.

Edited by TheThirdMark

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they refuse diplomacy and refuse to accept peace, then of course we will ZI them to teach them not to mess with us anymore.

Do you really think it's wise for you, a tiny microalliance which had its 5 minutes of infamy from threatening Karma, to act so militant? Beat the tech raider down and let it go, ZI for a simple tech raid sounds very overkill. But my comment was more directed against:

and we may escalate it to a pZI if any of his friends join in.

Do you really think it's wise for you, a tiny microalliance which had its 5 minutes of infamy from threatening Karma, to act so militant? Beat the tech raider down and let it go, ZI for a simple tech raid sounds very overkill. But my comment was more directed against:

If his friends join in and we can take them, we might as well. Obviously he himself refuses diplomacy, what makes us think any of his friends will be more diplomatic?

If his friends join in and we can take them, we might as well. Obviously he himself refuses diplomacy, what makes us think any of his friends will be more diplomatic?

Might as well? Your brand new alliance wants to ZI someone just because you feel like it? Do you even know what's happening to your idol the NPO right now?

And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you do realise that chances are that this nation is attacking you because of your threat to DoW Karma if you get tech raided right.

Edited by Teriethien

Might as well? Your brand new alliance wants to ZI someone just because you feel like it? Do you even know what's happening to your idol the NPO right now?

Not because we feel like it. I never said "I am going to ZI him just because I got da powah!", I said I was going to ZI him to teach him not to raid us again.

And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you do realise that chances are that this nation is attacking you because of your threat to DoW Karma if you get tech raided right.

Not likely. Otherwise FoK wouldn't have dropped him.

Edited by A Lone Stranger

Not because we feel like it. I never said "I am going to ZI him just because I got da powah!", I said I was going to ZI him to teach him not to raid us again.

You said 'might as well', which is pretty much 'because I can'. Not that I think you can, just saying. But you honestly think a tech raid warrants a ZI?

You said 'might as well', which is pretty much 'because I can'. Not that I think you can, just saying. But you honestly think a tech raid warrants a ZI?

It wasn't a tech raid. The last two wars declared on WOLF had no reason behind them. We were never requested to send tech and we weren't told to hand over cash. It seems that they just feel like randomly starting wars with our nations.

It wasn't a tech raid. The last two wars declared on WOLF had no reason behind them. We were never requested to send tech and we weren't told to hand over cash. It seems that they just feel like randomly starting wars with our nations.

You can't possibly be this clueless. I've never been in a tech raid where the tech raider, you know, requests me to send tech or hand over money. :huh:

Do yourself a favour and surrender to this (ex?)FOK nation.

You can't possibly be this clueless. I've never been in a tech raid where the tech raider, you know, requests me to send tech or hand over money. :huh:

Do yourself a favour and surrender to this (ex?)FOK nation.

Why are we surrendering to someone we have the advantage over again? (Not to sound too corrupt.)

You are indeed doing what your big brother is doing. Failing.

I find it hilarious that everyone discusses tech raiding and how to deal with it with most people agreeing that retaliation is the proper move, yet when I post about us retaliating I am immediately put down for it.

I find it hilarious that everyone discusses tech raiding and how to deal with it with most people agreeing that retaliation is the proper move, yet when I post about us retaliating I am immediately put down for it.

My only issue with what you said was that you were threatening (P)ZI for tech raiding. I also find how you seem to utterly fail at realising just how small you (and your 'protector') are to be simultaneously amusing and annoying. neneko really summed it up best earlier in the thread.

I know we are small. But We will still ZI someone for doing what this person has done. If they simply peaced out and didn't keep fighting, we would leave it. Programming101 even told Mortale we don't need reparations. Despite diplomacy, this person still keeps warring.

I am sorry, we may be small, but we will not tolerate this behavior if we can afford to fight back.

I know we are small. But We will still ZI someone for doing what this person has done. If they simply peaced out and didn't keep fighting, we would leave it. Programming101 even told Mortale we don't need reparations. Despite diplomacy, this person still keeps warring.

I am sorry, we may be small, but we will not tolerate this behavior if we can afford to fight back.

There we go again with the 'ZI because we can' mentality. You really do love the NPO don't you. Punishments should fit the crime and you don't have to be a conscientious ZI/PZI/EZI objector to realise that ZIing someone for a couple of ground battles or so is way over the top.

There we go again with the 'ZI because we can' mentality. You really do love the NPO don't you. Punishments should fit the crime and you don't have to be a conscientious ZI/PZI/EZI objector to realise that ZIing someone for a couple of ground battles or so is way over the top.

You are right. We should just let him keep attacking us. Who am I kidding? We are just way too small and we are just an official alliance... We couldn't possibly be in the right to punish him.

We will punish him as we see fit. If you have any objections, then send him some aid. I don't see why you are protecting him when he clearly has shown that he doesn't care about peace.

And look: FOK gave us permission to ZI the bugger. If he doesn't retaliate too much, then once he hits ZI we will release him. What more should I say?

Edited by A Lone Stranger

Despite diplomacy, this person still keeps warring.

If he has ignored the messages of his own alliance then smash him. Give him a full 24 hours and double check your sent messages to ensure that he has received your message asking him to grant peace in this matter.

I wouldn't resort to ZI, but what you can do is time your wars so you keep his nation in constant battle for the next two weeks. Just be sure you don't push him completely into anarchy so you can have someone declare war on him every 3 to 4 days. Just keep hammering at his infra with cruise missiles and air attacks if you can organize them.

Mess him up, trash his nation, and leave it a smoking ruins, but once he has cleared his wars let him go. There is no need to prolong it after that point.