An LSF Announcement

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still buy into all that Nordreich propaganda huh?

The most amusing part of the Maroon war in retrospect was that Nordreich posted screenshots of anti-nordreich propaganda on the ICP forums that had been created by a user named "J.Stalin" who had joined only a few days before the beginning of the war. After the war it was discovered that J.Stalin's IP address matched up with Chancellor Mikhail's IP... an outspoken nordreich member.

Nordreich used "ant-nordreich sentiments" as a casus belli for the maroon war, when their very own spy inside ICP was the one creating a lot of the anti-NoR propaganda.

But go ahead, keep believing the stories about the barely 100 member ICP trying to "invade" maroon by peacefully choosing a color for our alliance.

I admit that we should have tried to be more friendly and open towards the other alliances in maroon, but by the time we tried to get to know them better Nordreich had already begun spreading rumors about the ICP throughout the sphere. The only alliance who actually tried to get to know us better was ODS, and I think if the other alliances in maroon had given us the same chance that ODS gave us they would have realized that we're not the evil boogey men nordreich had made us out to be and that we could be fairly reasonable people.

But i'm done rambling.

Congrats LSF it's good to see you guys still standing firm after all these years.

Thank you. Apparently nobody informed me that when I was writing the Balkans Accords, I was actually being told what to do by Nordreich.

The treaty was signed by many maroon alliances, not just Nordreich. The treaty was not put forth by Nordreich, but rather by myself and Ferrous, a TTKer at the time, I believe.

And you've still never told me why you chose to move to an alliance where you had no pre-existing friendships, coincidentally right at the time when the sanction system changed.

We were friends with ODS.

Red would have been more fitting but the NPO wouldn't allow that. Maroon is reddish.

This.

Yeah it still blows my mind that a select few think there was some secret objective or purpose behind us becoming maroon.

We wanted to go red but that wasn't going to happen and maroon is kinda close to red. Besides we had friends in ODS and the MRA.

If only we had been given more of a chance to mingle with the other alliances on maroon it would could have been a fun and peaceful coexistance but from everything we saw, Nordreich was going out of their way to block our attempts to make friends in an attempt to isolate us. :mellow:

This.

Yeah it still blows my mind that a select few think there was some secret objective or purpose behind us becoming maroon.

We wanted to go red but that wasn't going to happen and maroon is kinda close to red. Besides we had friends in ODS and the MRA.

If only we had been given more of a chance to mingle with the other alliances on maroon it would could have been a fun and peaceful coexistance but from everything we saw, Nordreich was going out of their way to block our attempts to make friends in an attempt to isolate us. :mellow:

That wasn't how it happened. It wasn't some Nordreich conspiracy, but rather a communal mentality from the most united of spheres at the time.

Perhaps if you had discussed the move with relevant alliances before moving, it would have been taken more amiably. Especially after we passed a treaty forbidding large alliances moving onto maroon without permission.

Edited by New Frontier

That wasn't how it happened. It wasn't some Nordreich conspiracy, but rather a communal mentality from the most united of spheres at the time.

Perhaps if you had discussed the move with relevant alliances before moving, it would have been taken more amiably. Especially after we passed a treaty forbidding large alliances moving onto maroon without permission.

I apologise if i was suggesting a conspiracy but when Nordreich infiltrated our alliance with spies and created anti-nor propaganda only to then post said propaganda on the OWF as "evidence" that the ICP was out to get them, then it sort of leads us to believe that Nordreich did have a vested interest in portraying us as invaders and villains to keep us out of maroon.

On the other hand, you are absolutely right that we should have been more diplomatic and communicated better with the maroon team alliances, but in our defense most of us had no idea that the balkan accords had even existed. A mistake on our part i'm sure, but even after the mistake was realised there was little we could do to fix it other than try to communicate better with the maroon alliances. But once again most of our attempts at diplomacy were being undermined by the outspoken critics of our move, namely Nordreich and to a lesser extent the MDC.

Also I apologise to LSF for feeding the trolls. I'm done.

Destroy your community/group or what? Cause NoV destroyed every lefty alliance it had in it's path. NoV then got bashed, you flourished. ;)

I'm really wondering if this is a challenge you're presenting. If so, I'm ready to throw down the gauntlet. The International is ready and willing to confront any incarnation of Nordreich/Norden Verein that dares to show its face in the light of day -- and this time I guarantee you that history won't repeat itself.

-Craig

Also I apologise to LSF for feeding the trolls. I'm done.

Worry not. May Day is over anyway. Now we drift back into the smoke, disappearing in obscurity. Don't cry. We'll be back in a year with a new announcement. Our annual reminder of existence. A scheduled scream into the dark.

Edited by Comrade Yev