Murder on the high seas...

Silhouette

Gaunter looked to the man standing on his right, Commodore Jenson Williams, Commander of the destroyer NCS Eurus. To his left was Colonel Raglan, serving both as the leader of a crack special operations team, and as a personal bodyguard for Gaunter, who was the Chief Intelligence Officer in New Cymru. They were steaming along at 23 knots, so that all elements of the group could keep pace. Their destination, so they were told, was the Welsh Empire, although all three men had their doubts. Far more likely was the lack of a certain destination altogether.

The training exercises, which had taken place the week before, were centred around the new team, practicing aerial drops, water landings, and rescue pickups. They were, by all accounts, a tremendous success. The men had been together for less than a month, and already they were functioning as a single organism, each part fully aware of all others. A flight of specially converted Typhoon fighters streaked past the bridge, dipping their wings to the crew, before circling around for the landing. As the first aircraft was slamed to a halt by the arrestor cables, Gaunter nodded to the Commodore, and stepped into the stairwell. He counted each individual step, watching his feet the whole way down, then made a turn at a seemingly arbitrary point into the corridor that led to his berth. Raglan turned earlier, into the wardroom, pouring himself a cup of coffee, and Gaunter continued on. They were safe here...

Moments later, Gaunter burst into the room, his face mottled pink and white, a combination of shock and exertion. He beckoned to Raglan, who drew his sidearm as he followed. When they reached the berth that had been set aside for Gaunter, the most noticable addition was the body on the floor. A young man, who was, formerly, Gaunter's aide. Raglan hit the intercom and called for the corpsman, and security, to come immediately. Raglan had already noticed the lack of trauma on the body, and a large puddle of coffee around the body's feet. He thought back to his own mug, still sitting on the wardroom bench, and shuddered, before leaving to take care of that particular issue.

OOC: Anyone can post, as long as you ask me first, and you contribute positively to the story.

:)

Edited by Silhouette

OOC: Yes, you can. PM's are fine. ;)

OOC: Sorry, I was being lazy. By the way, do you mind if I have on of my ships in the area to RP with? It would make it tons easier.

IC: This is the AFS North America calling NCS Eurus. How are things over there on this nice, quiet day?

Edited by Arkantos

OOC: Sorry, I was being lazy. By the way, do you mind if I have on of my ships in the area to RP with? It would make it tons easier.

IC: This is the AFS North America calling NCS Eurus. How are things over there on this nice, quiet day?

Commodore Williams was surprised by the hail. The accurate form of address more than anything, but also that they had been hailed in place of the carrier that was the hub of their fleet. In any case, he nodded to the comms officer, who replied in good order.

"Roger that. This is the Eurus, everything is just peachy here, why do you ask?"

Commodore Williams was surprised by the hail. The accurate form of address more than anything, but also that they had been hailed in place of the carrier that was the hub of their fleet. In any case, he nodded to the comms officer, who replied in good order.

"Roger that. This is the Eurus, everything is just peachy here, why do you ask?"

"To make conversation. Things are quite boring over here. Anyways, how's the coffee on your ship?"

The MPSS Minneapolis Speed II was in the region, running practice manuevers and commands for a group of young mariners. The captain got on the radio to the other ships. "Ahoy there," he said, "how are the seas treating you... no Franklin, wrong knot! Oh my. Will someone someone throw Franklin a life ring or something?! I know he's a screw-up, we'll just leave him on the next island we come across. Hey, is my finger still on this button..." After rescueing the person voted "Most likely to drown in a sink" in high school, the captain got back on the radio. "So, how are you guys doing?"

1207839178.jpg

MPSS Minneapolis Speed II

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

OOC: I haven't gotten a response from Sil in the PM I sent him so I'll assume he doesn't mind me posting. If he does, I'll leave the thread and pretend I was never here.

IC:

The nuclear cruiser ANS Biloxi was cruising towards the Imperial Alliance in the Kerguelen Islands (OOC: I'm assuming you're somewhere near the tip of Africa or west of that). Along the way, they ran into the New Cymru formation and the Atlantian cruiser AFS North America.

**On the Bridge of the ANS Biloxi**

"Is there some international FleetEx going on that we don't know about?" the Captain Bruce Murphey asked to no one in particular.

"I doubt so," his XO replied. "You want to hail the North America and see what's happening?"

"What's the nearest ship in the New Cymru formation?"

"Let me see, the NCS Eurus, a destroyer, is 5 miles to the north, probably on picket duty. Want to call them and ask?"

"Yep. Let's see what's going on."

*To the NCS Eurus*

"NCS Eurus, this is the ANS Biloxi, Charleston class nuclear cruiser. We'd like to inquire if any fleet exercises are happening in this area. We've run into your formation as well as an Atlantian cruiser."

**Back on the Bridge of the ANS Biloxi**

"Captain, we just got a message from a ship, broadcast to everyone on the marine frequencies. No ident on the name of the ship yet," the ship's communication officer stated.

"Alright. Ignore it for now. Keep a close eye on the radar contacts. Report any strange maneuvers to me immediately."

"Yes, sir."

Edited by Raritan

The comms officer on the Eurus cursed at the incoming radio traffic. He had just been informed of the situation a few seconds earlier, and was still trying to grasp the quarantine procedures he needed to enact.

"Biloxi, this is Eurus, that is a roger, we have just concluded a fleet training exercise." A little white lie couldn't hurt, could it. "However, I must inform you that the Eurus is under strict quarantine. I request that any person who attempts to leave this vessel, without myself or another watch officers authorisation, be shot on site, that is assuming they somehow out manoeuver our own guns. They are not, repeat, are not to be picked up, as they are guilty of a crime, and must be brought to justice through our own terms."

"Hmm, seems a bit suspicious doesn't it? They said they're under quarantine and have someone guilty of a crime. They even asked us to shoot whoever may be in the water," Captain Murphy remarked. "I think there's something wrong here. Let's give the North America a call and see what they have to say."

*To the AFS North America*

"AFS North America, ANS Biloxi calling. How's your day so far?"

"Would you happen to know what the New Cymru fleet is doing? We just called the Eurus and they said they were under quarantine."

"Quarantine? When we called over they said things were fine. Anyways, we are en route to the Canary Islands. Care to join us, Biloxi?"

Edited by Arkantos