Swat/Fark/Adult War Poll

Striker DCS

CN:TE World Opinion Poll  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please, no SPAMMING or TROLLING this thread.

This poll was posted to seek the opinion of all nations and all alliances within the CN:TE world. All are welcome to vote and we hope you do.

Please familiarize yourself with the facts before voting. See thread...

*Comments are welcome but please limit comments to nations in alliances other than SWAT/FARK/ADULT.

They have their own thread for voicing their opinions and comments.

Disclaimer: I have taken it upon myself for posting this poll. I did not get permission nor was I requested to do so. I am personally interested in what everyone thinks about how some things are done in TE, what is considered honorable actions and what is considered dishonorable actions. I understand this is TE and pretty much everything goes here but sometimes somethings are not honorable or done with integrity. I alone take any blame and all responsibility for it's content.

EDITED: For obvious reasons we will deduct alliance active member count from all results. We already know how they are going to vote.

Edited by Striker DCS

IronMan: clarify

Meh, it's TE so no real harm done - I just hope to squeeze some more fun out of this round

I think ADULT was fair game - there should be no such thing as "unprepared" in a world of war.

Fark: We were preoccupied and obviously outnumbered, but you gotta do what you gotta do to... er... feel good about yourselves?

I don't think there is much for winning in the game - but I think SWAT is in the green.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

I guess my suggestion (see above *) to keep people from Swat, Fark, and Adult from adding comments to this thread wasnt very visible or possibly misunderstood (probably just ignored, lol). Any person other than those that are members of said alliances feel free to comment. Thanks

Edited by Striker DCS

What part of the word "treaty" do you not understand?

You don't have to like it. You're not part of the treaty. You don't have a say in what we agree to.

We agreed, you knew we agreed, you attacked, they called, we answered.

Your whining is disingenuous at best.

Edited by idsfa

WHY ARE THERE TREATIES IN CN:TE? There shouldn't be any politics, just war.

If you guys declared war on us just 'cause we were weak after attacking ADULT that would have been better than doing so because of a "treaty".

Silly....

WHY ARE THERE TREATIES IN CN:TE? There shouldn't be any politics, just war.

If you guys declared war on us just 'cause we were weak after attacking ADULT that would have been better than doing so because of a "treaty".

Silly....

So let me get this straight ...

You're complaining because we warned you ahead of time that we would attack you if you declared war on a certain group of nations. And then you did so. And so we declared war on you.

I'm going to take "Stupid for $1000," Alex.

Once again: It's not up to you to decide if we are "allowed" to make treaties with other alliances.

You deserve to be curbstomped because of THIS TREATY regardless if you think treaties should be in TE or not, Regardless if you're out numbered. That's the way treaties work.

Also... For guys who say they don't care, and blah blah blah. I still hear an awful lot of cryin ;)

You deserve to be curbstomped because of THIS TREATY regardless if you think treaties should be in TE or not, Regardless if you're out numbered. That's the way treaties work.

This guy is very right. i don't know what was going on with the gov in SWAT at the time, but this was a pretty obvious treaty, and fark didn't cancel them yet.

You guys keep speaking of this treaty as though you were forced by it to come in and curbstomp us and I cant believe Sethly said what he said but he is entitled to his opinion. The truth is it could have been settled in a way that left you guys with a lot more than our tech, it could have left you with some shred of honor and integrity.

The kind of honor and integrity that other alliances have earned in the past. I believe had it been Thai of MHA or BG of TPF they would have gone about it in a way that accomplished a balanced end to the war, and left themselves with the dignity that large and respectable alliances earn. You could have brokered a peace through threat alone, but peace was not your objective.

The truth is you guys were only interested in the curbstomp and you could care less about doing anything in an honorable way. You were all giddy with excitement, tickled with the idea that you had the excuse to do exactly what you are doing. When I think of honorable alliances I think of MHA, LE and TPF.

Yes the big kid in the schoolyard can do two things, he can come in swinging or he can choose to use the sheer power of his size to negotiate a clean and honorable peace that was satisfactory to all concerned. Since somehow you guys managed to become the largest alliance in TE you should learn from those that have filled that position before you.

There, I went ahead and posted in the thread that was for other alliances to respond in but reading Sethly's post made me do it.

Edited by Striker DCS

You guys keep speaking of this treaty as though you were forced by it to come in and curbstomp us and I cant believe Sethly said what he said but he is entitled to his opinion. The truth is it could have been settled in a way that left you guys with a lot more than our tech, it could have left you with some shred of honor and integrity.

The kind of honor and integrity that other alliances have earned in the past. I believe had it been Thai of MHA or BG of TPF they would have gone about it in a way that accomplished a balanced end to the war, and left themselves with the dignity that large and respectable alliances earn. You could have brokered a peace through threat alone, but peace was not your objective.

The truth is you guys were only interested in the curbstomp and you could care less about doing anything in an honorable way. You were all giddy with excitement, tickled with the idea that you had the excuse to do exactly what you are doing. When I think of honorable alliances I think of MHA, LE and TPF.

Yes the big kid in the schoolyard can do two things, he can come in swinging or he can choose to use the sheer power of his size to negotiate a clean and honorable peace that was satisfactory to all concerned. Since somehow you guys managed to become the largest alliance in TE you should learn from those that have filled that position before you.

maybe fark is trying to compensate for other things...?

;-P but still, you can't expect honor from everyone. you also can't expect an alliance hoisted to the top by other circumstances to act like one that is accustomed to being at the top.

in the way io see it, ADULT asked for fark's assistance, and fark delivered. the terms of MDP mean it is mutual, as opposed to an ODP, where fark could say no if asked. granted, both sides could have reasoned to not come to the conclusion of a stomp, but they apparently felt it necessary. i can't say they did anything wrong, but it could have been handled better.

and striker, sorry if i was unclear, but i meant in my earlier post only that the treaty gives the possibility of defense. i didn't mean that i thought SWAT should be curbstomped, and for that confusion, i apologize.

I guess my suggestion (see above *) to keep people from Swat, Fark, and Adult from adding comments to this thread wasnt very visible or possibly misunderstood (probably just ignored, lol). Any person other than those that are members of said alliances feel free to comment. Thanks

You know, you're in SWAT. Maybe you should stop commenting in here. I mean, it was a polite suggestion and everything, and that gives you author's rights. :rolleyes:

Y'know Striker DCS, You sure know alot about "honor" and "integrity" but almost as soon as I declared war on you you sold down your infra. In my opinion that is much worse then us lowly Farkers holding up our end of a treaty.

You, Are a coward and all your whining will never change that.

At any point, if the SWAT members wish to stop complaining about curbstomps, and Fark members wish to stop trolling them, feel free to look around at other wars and the lack of complaining in them. CN:TE really doesn't care that much you feel you have been martyred during this round. Guess what, an alliance gets pounded on EVERY round. The fact you started griping from the beginning made your alliances juicier to hit because we all knew you would squeal on the forums (The leader of SWAT asked for no posts from SWAT in this thread and yet the first 4 of 5 were in fact SWAT members). Well, it has gotten tiresome, so feel free to stop when you can actually sit there and take a beating, or if you figured out how to look at possible outcomes of your wars and how to counter them.

List of other wars that have happened without constant whining.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=52953 <------ TenLoss-GDA war (Note only whining is about the DoW "Just because" is getting tiresome)

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=53119 <------ BOS-CDT war (Note no whining, just poking fun of each other)

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=53034 <------ LE-MHA war (2 or 3 posts whining about how unfair war is, but notice how the thread progresses and people stop whining)

Here is a two parter, tell me if it reminds you of anything?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=52962 <------ 4077th-Hammertime war (Bit of whining, then again, the guy just lost his #1 position)

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=53288 <------ TPF-4077th war (OMG! Its a *@%!# parallel! Look at this! Note no complaining!)

In Conclusion:

SWAT:Stop complaining about every war you run into. None will be fair and you just got the butt end of most wars this round. Sorry, better luck next round.

FARK: Stop making them whine. We are tired of the squeals in CN:TE.

Edited by dran129

Y'know Striker DCS, You sure know alot about "honor" and "integrity" but almost as soon as I declared war on you you sold down your infra. In my opinion that is much worse then us lowly Farkers holding up our end of a treaty.

You, Are a coward and all your whining will never change that.

Why give a bad dog a bone?

As for my whining - I've been as cool about this as I think I could have been :P

I like stirring up the flames :D

Edited by wilhelm the demented