TFRP Discussion Thread

Bacharth

Alright, so I've been thinking for a while, and I would like to impose a set of relaxed RP rules. How relaxed?

Well, we're based on common sense, and not the major CNRP stats. Your tech level doesn't matter. Your infra level doesn't matter. Your wonders and improvements don't matter. Your land area doesn't matter.

So...how do we constrain people to realism?

Well, we're going to use geographical and political advantages. If you're in the general area of a certain nation, you'll have to constrain yourself to that nation's stats (but not necessarily the exact statistics).

My second idea is use the CNRPR GDP formula, and whichever nation's GDP is closest to ours, is the nation's stats we use.

If you guys have any other ideas, then say them

Okay, then how does fantasy play into it?

Well, there's no tech levels or wonders needed to do anything. The only exception is the space program.

What are your ideas?

Entirely acceptable as an alternate CyberNations role-playing system, but I don’t know how the CNRP community will receive your proposal. As an unaligned nation sentenced to an indefinite defacto peacemode with no possibility of advancement it would be refreshing to play a real nation in CNRP, and newer player attempting to join the fun would not be instantly rolled over by established powers. Your proposed system, however, will be opposed by most of the current CNRP community for matters of combat calculation.

Edited by Generalissimo

Well, that's the thing, it wouldn't be based on calculation, it would be based on good roleplay. I mean, you put a writer such as Sarah, Martens, or Verteidiger up against a nation which is large IG, but has a bad writer, you have a pretty simple match.

Well, that's the thing, it wouldn't be based on calculation, it would be based on good roleplay. I mean, you put a writer such as Sarah, Martens, or Verteidiger up against a nation which is large IG, but has a bad writer, you have a pretty simple match.

See my earlier link. With no restraints, and allowing anyone in, the gene pool of good RP starts turning a scary shade of brown, and you wonder why.

LVN, I do agree, no constraints makes it crazy, and if you're a friend of mine on facebook and play nations, check my messages thread. I have an !@#$%^& friend who just reversed the Earth's polarity and attacked my troops with a flaming sword. Also, that message I sent you, LVN, would clue you in.

However, what about some defined constraints, such as stuff that is actually tangible and physical. I'm not making it so that everyone can have free reign over the laws of physics, just so everyone has a chance to RP a fully developed nation.

Also, with some good mods, I think it would work well. Some of the people I was thinking of was LVN, since you do know quite a bit. I'd also need to get someone good with history and military tactics.

We would factor in things like economics, also.

I have absolutely no idea what that means... :huh:

Tinyurl is a website where you can upload links and make them look like something else... it is often used to shorten otherwise very long links, or it can be used to go through website filters, as LVN just did - if you scroll over the link he posted, you'll see tinyurl, but it actually leads to !@#$%*'s website.

So, "tinyurling" a web address means uploading a link to tinyurl then posting it - and that's what he did to that one.

Tinyurl is a website where you can upload links and make them look like something else... it is often used to shorten otherwise very long links, or it can be used to go through website filters, as LVN just did - if you scroll over the link he posted, you'll see tinyurl, but it actually leads to !@#$%*'s website.

So, "tinyurling" a web address means uploading a link to tinyurl then posting it - and that's what he did to that one.

Ah, I get it. Thanks. :)

However...he wasn't trying to curse, or advertise anything. So, it's a borderline case.

I'm saying its bad, leave it and the game it connected to alone, they do truly suck.

(also discussion moderation outside the moderation areas is warnable...)

I'm saying its bad, leave it and the game it connected to alone, they do truly suck.

(also discussion moderation outside the moderation areas is warnable...)

Oh...oops. Hadn't even realized that's what we were doing. OK, let's get back to the discussion on hand...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder