[AEGIS] Casimir Khan sends out a Message

Ranather

The Samurai frowned in puzzlement. As Nobody doctrine had long-since established with genetic typing from Humans, the Nobody Dusk species was EXTREMELY close to Human DNA, enough-so to be what would be labeled a progenitor species.

"Ancestry of species is something we look into. At some future point a genetic sample would be desired."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Samurai frowned in puzzlement. As Nobody doctrine had long-since established with genetic typing from Humans, the Nobody Dusk species was EXTREMELY close to Human DNA, enough-so to be what would be labeled a progenitor species.

"Ancestry of species is something we look into. At some future point a genetic sample would be desired."

"Of course...I presume you'll want samples from each race, including those who are half-breeds?"

"That would be the best possible result. We are scientists, you see. Our primary purpose at the moment is to discover the most ancient species on the planet." A bit of pride crept into his harmonious voice. "We are oldest, so far."

"Truly?" she said. "Ori'jate (Very good). We'll have to see if we can't find an older race..." she said, smiling.

OOC: Ya know, where's Ranather? He should have said SOMETHING by now...oh, and in case you're wondering, the italicized word is Mandalorian word. The paranthises enclose the translation, which is not actually spoken.

OOC: Away for a good reason. :P

IC:

Turning back to the Mando'ade, Casimir smiled.

"It is always good to see a peaceful first meeting between strangers. In any case I am sure you have many questions. I would be glad to answer them."

OOC: Away for a good reason. :P

IC:

Turning back to the Mando'ade, Casimir smiled.

"It is always good to see a peaceful first meeting between strangers. In any case I am sure you have many questions. I would be glad to answer them."

"Thank you." As she glanced once again at the village, she took particular note of the ruins where the temple had been. "If you don't mind my asking...what happened there?" she said, pointing to the ruins as she spoke.

"Thank you." As she glanced once again at the village, she took particular note of the ruins where the temple had been. "If you don't mind my asking...what happened there?" she said, pointing to the ruins as she spoke.

"All of the new arrivals drew out the xenophobes. Claimed that I was selling the tribe to devils or some such nonsense. They took over the Temple complex, kidnapped my daughter. So we stormed it, along with aid from the Nobodies and the Dragons.

Once inside we confronted the High Priest, turned traitor he did. So I activated a weapon called the Cloyster of Aeons, also a similarly named room in the building where the confrontation took place. The weapon was a series of ever more powerful gongs, the sound of which is designed to stun. It worked to perfection, gave us an opening to rescue my daughter.

The only adverse effect is that the Cloyster also weakens the structural support of the building, causing it to collapse, we escaped but the usurpers did not."

"All of the new arrivals drew out the xenophobes. Claimed that I was selling the tribe to devils or some such nonsense. They took over the Temple complex, kidnapped my daughter. So we stormed it, along with aid from the Nobodies and the Dragons.

Once inside we confronted the High Priest, turned traitor he did. So I activated a weapon called the Cloyster of Aeons, also a similarly named room in the building where the confrontation took place. The weapon was a series of ever more powerful gongs, the sound of which is designed to stun. It worked to perfection, gave us an opening to rescue my daughter.

The only adverse effect is that the Cloyster also weakens the structural support of the building, causing it to collapse, we escaped but the usurpers did not."

"I see...very clever of whomever designed it." And indeed, she nodded her approval. She was impressed.

"Is there anything my people can do? We have reserves of lumber that could be used to re-construct it, if you wish."

"I see...very clever of whomever designed it." And indeed, she nodded her approval. She was impressed.

"Is there anything my people can do? We have reserves of lumber that could be used to re-construct it, if you wish."

"The collapse was figurative as well as literal. With no central authority, the Temple as an institution dissolved into anarchy and was disbanded soon after. The building has woefully been rendered obsolete. In truth, no one really wants to see it back. It was an authoritarian presence, more powerful than even our government. It tolerated and indeed promoted the vile practices of Slavery, Human Trafficking, Prostitution, Child Abuses of all kinds, glossed over by Doctrine and Scripture.

With the disestablishment of the Theocracy, we can finally move out of the cultural rut we find ourselves in. Once, we were more advanced, but a great cataclysm destroyed us. The Temple offered a more simple way of life as a solution. Technology of all kinds more advanced than wooden implements was forbidden, and for a time, people agreed to it."

"The collapse was figurative as well as literal. With no central authority, the Temple as an institution dissolved into anarchy and was disbanded soon after. The building has woefully been rendered obsolete. In truth, no one really wants to see it back. It was an authoritarian presence, more powerful than even our government. It tolerated and indeed promoted the vile practices of Slavery, Human Trafficking, Prostitution, Child Abuses of all kinds, glossed over by Doctrine and Scripture.

With the disestablishment of the Theocracy, we can finally move out of the cultural rut we find ourselves in. Once, we were more advanced, but a great cataclysm destroyed us. The Temple offered a more simple way of life as a solution. Technology of all kinds more advanced than wooden implements was forbidden, and for a time, people agreed to it."

"Oh." In that case, she would certailny agree that it was better off gone. "Still, my offer does stand if you need building materials for other things. Will you be using the land that the now defunct temple stood on for anything else?"

"Oh." In that case, she would certailny agree that it was better off gone. "Still, my offer does stand if you need building materials for other things. Will you be using the land that the now defunct temple stood on for anything else?"

"It has not been decided yet. At the next meeting of the Council of Magisters, the ruling body of the Kingdom, will it be addressed. More pressing concerns, such as the security of our borders and the sanctity of our Kingdom in the face of radical change occupy near all of the Council's time these days."

"It has not been decided yet. At the next meeting of the Council of Magisters, the ruling body of the Kingdom, will it be addressed. More pressing concerns, such as the security of our borders and the sanctity of our Kingdom in the face of radical change occupy near all of the Council's time these days."

She nodded her understanding, but her next spoken thought was another question.

"So you are ruled by a council. How do you determine who sits in this body?"

She nodded her understanding, but her next spoken thought was another question.

"So you are ruled by a council. How do you determine who sits in this body?"

"Traditionally the Council is made up of the Hereditary Patriarchs of each Feudal Lordship of the Kingdom. Each vassal rules over a portion of the country. They generally have great autonomy over their respective counties but acknowledge the power of my office and station.

Though there have been rumblings on the Council, the Lords grow restive."

"Traditionally the Council is made up of the Hereditary Patriarchs of each Feudal Lordship of the Kingdom. Each vassal rules over a portion of the country. They generally have great autonomy over their respective counties but acknowledge the power of my office and station.

Though there have been rumblings on the Council, the Lords grow restive."

"Hmm. Do you personally have a place on this council?"

"Hmm. Do you personally have a place on this council?"

"As Khan, it is my place to provide a tie-break should the Council reach an impasse on an issue, they are a legislative body as much as an executive one, but in most circumstances I choose not to sit on the Council, in an effort to maintain objectivity."

"As Khan, it is my place to provide a tie-break should the Council reach an impasse on an issue, they are a legislative body as much as an executive one, but in most circumstances I choose not to sit on the Council, in an effort to maintain objectivity."

Hibira smiled. "You show true wisom in this course of action. It lets them know that when you have made a decision, you truly believe it is in the best interest of your people."

Hibira smiled. "You show true wisom in this course of action. It lets them know that when you have made a decision, you truly believe it is in the best interest of your people."

"If there is one thing a leader simply must do, it is never to take his or her station lightly. The people have some modicum of trust in me and I do what I must to make sure that trust is well placed. In recent times, the Government has failed them in this regard. I have begun to take steps to make Government more responsive to the people and more effectively able to serve them, but the work will take time."

"If there is one thing a leader simply must do, it is never to take his or her station lightly. The people have some modicum of trust in me and I do what I must to make sure that trust is well placed. In recent times, the Government has failed them in this regard. I have begun to take steps to make Government more responsive to the people and more effectively able to serve them, but the work will take time."

"If you wish, I can aid you in this by offering my own advice. We of the Mando'ade are ruled by a council of nine."

"If you wish, I can aid you in this by offering my own advice. We of the Mando'ade are ruled by a council of nine."

"We are treading new and unfamiliar waters and any minimum of advice or guidance is appreciated."

"To offer the best advice, it would help to hear what changes you have planned, and how you plan to impliment them."

"With the most recent freeing of the Slaves and Indentured Serfs, we now have a sudden influx of Freedmen, the common caste among our people. When the freedmen were small in number it was easy to represent them, but now a new method is required.

The idea was to introduce greater use of the Plebicite, the Freedmen's votes to allow the caste to elect a number to represent themselves to the Council. I believe it was called the 'Diet' or 'Parliament' in the old days. We recovered a number of books and documents from the ruins of the ancient metropolis that once housed our civilization before the Great Burning, to the south, on the subject."

"With the most recent freeing of the Slaves and Indentured Serfs, we now have a sudden influx of Freedmen, the common caste among our people. When the freedmen were small in number it was easy to represent them, but now a new method is required.

The idea was to introduce greater use of the Plebicite, the Freedmen's votes to allow the caste to elect a number to represent themselves to the Council. I believe it was called the 'Diet' or 'Parliament' in the old days. We recovered a number of books and documents from the ruins of the ancient metropolis that once housed our civilization before the Great Burning, to the south, on the subject."

"An excellent first start. Yes, we've read of the Parliamentary system in our own archives. You picked a good government to transition to." After giving it some thought, she continued. "What is the system currently used to dispense justice?"

"An excellent first start. Yes, we've read of the Parliamentary system in our own archives. You picked a good government to transition to." After giving it some thought, she continued. "What is the system currently used to dispense justice?"

Casimir sighed heavily.

"It is the black eye. Justice is a Mobrule affair. One breaks a tradition, a custom, and normally tribal leaders in the camps will enact their own forms of plains justice. One camp might cut off a theif's finger, while another might feed him to the wolves. There is no standard and centralized civil and criminal law system."