[AEGIS] Casimir Khan sends out a Message

Ranather

"Greetings, Outlanders.

I am Casimir, Khan of the Sahkuo in the far wastes of the Siberian Rus. Having acquired a strong enough radio signal, and a fair amount of confidence from our Nobody and Storm Dragon friends do I send fondest greetings to all who might hear.

First, a more detailed introduction of our people. We are the Sahk, a pale skinned tribe of humans occupying the lands known once as Kamchatka and Sahkalin, hence our tribal name. We are organized along the lines of an Authoritarian Theocratic Tribal Monarchy, centered around myself and our Temple.

Or at least we were.

Recently, the Temple suffered a critical failure and collapsed. Both the building and the Institution. Henceforth I have opened up the Khaganate to reforms. One such reform concerns the pratices of Serfdom, Vassalage, and Slavery employed by the Temple beauracracy.

As of this moment I have bid the slaves throw off their shackles and cast down their implements. I have bid the slavemasters and feudal lords free their charges lest they recieve the fury of law and justice. I have bid that man treat woman as equal, and that all of Gahk's Children be treated as equal before the Spirits.

We dawn upon a new age of freedom and progress. The Progressive Era has begun.

Praise Be."

Edited by Ranather

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a rare moment of chorus, the individual subspecies of Nobodies spoke as one. The uniquely haunting transmission burned through the atmosphere around the world, making its' way loudly and clearly.

"This 'slavery' we have discovered is nothing more than an abomination. It is a shambling mockery of working in harmony towards the best goals. It is a corruption, a perversion of all the morals and ideals of a virtuous being. We will fight if necessary to the death, in order to stop the spread of the institution."

"Greetings, Outlanders.

I am Casimir, Khan of the Sahkuo in the far wastes of the Siberian Rus. Having acquired a strong enough radio signal, and a fair amount of confidence from our Nobody and Storm Dragon friends do I send fondest greetings to all who might hear.

First, a more detailed introduction of our people. We are the Sahk, a pale skinned tribe of humans occupying the lands known once as Kamchatka and Sahkalin, hence our tribal name. We are organized along the lines of an Authoritarian Theocratic Tribal Monarchy, centered around myself and our Temple.

Or at least we were.

Recently, the Temple suffered a critical failure and collapsed. Both the building and the Institution. Henceforth I have opened up the Khaganate to reforms. One such reform concerns the pratices of Serfdom, Vassalage, and Slavery employed by the Temple beauracracy.

As of this moment I have bid the slaves throw off their shackles and cast down their implements. I have bid the slavemasters and feudal lords free their charges lest they recieve the fury of law and justice. I have bid that man treat woman as equal, and that all of Gahk's Children be treated as equal before the Spirits.

We dawn upon a new age of freedom and progress. The Progressive Era has begun.

Praise Be."

We commend you for putting an end to Slavery. We ourselves have a caste system, but no one is forced to do any job. It is merely that the phsiology of each race is uniquely suited to certain tasks.

Though of course, there is no restriction on who can be in the ruling council, which has three representatives from each of the three races.

In a rare moment of chorus, the individual subspecies of Nobodies spoke as one. The uniquely haunting transmission burned through the atmosphere around the world, making its' way loudly and clearly.

"This 'slavery' we have discovered is nothing more than an abomination. It is a shambling mockery of working in harmony towards the best goals. It is a corruption, a perversion of all the morals and ideals of a virtuous being. We will fight if necessary to the death, in order to stop the spread of the institution."

A simple question was transmitted at the Nobodies from the Mando'ade of Mandalore, one which could be understood in light of the fact that they had not yet met.

"Who are you?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Slavery has no place in the world any longer."

Greetings Casimir, Khan of the Sahkuo, Olympia is pleased that more people have decided to open to the world.

The most esteemed chief Markov would like to speak with you on matters of state at a time of your convenience.

"Markov is welcome at any time."

We commend you for putting an end to Slavery. We ourselves have a caste system, but no one is forced to do any job. It is merely that the phsiology of each race is uniquely suited to certain tasks.

Though of course, there is no restriction on who can be in the ruling council, which has three representatives from each of the three races.

A simple question was transmitted at the Nobodies from the Mando'ade of Mandalore, one which could be understood in light of the fact that they had not yet met.

"Who are you?"

"It appears we have not met nor engaged in discourse, I suppose we will have to change that soon."

"It appears we have not met nor engaged in discourse, I suppose we will have to change that soon."

"We will send someone as soon as possible."

Another aeroplane was made ready to transport the selected diplomat. The pilot was, of course, a member of the Scout Force, while the diplomat would be a full-blooded elf. Within hours, they were on their way...

"We will send someone as soon as possible."

Another aeroplane was made ready to transport the selected diplomat. The pilot was, of course, a member of the Scout Force, while the diplomat would be a full-blooded elf. Within hours, they were on their way...

"We eagerly await their arrival. Be advised however that we do not yet have large settlements nor proper aero facilites. There is a large clearing near the former Temple-City that both the Dragons and Nobodies have used as a de-facto aerostrip. The coordinates will accompany this message."

Casimir sent out another message several days later.

"The second phase of my reform plans has been initiated.

After several days of debating and meeting with the powers that be, it has been decided that a long-term wholesale overhaul of the country has become necessary.

For the first time in our history, the Temple and the Beauracracy shall be two seperate entities. Also, the Temple shall no longer be considered the sole social and religious entity. The Government shall encourage Philosophy and Religious Study along multiple lines and will not sanction any one set of beliefs.

As for the Beauracracy, though the Office of the Khan shall remain the highest authority, it has been decided that the commonfolk are the backbone of our nation and we shall continue to experiment and debate ways to better integrate the freedmen into the system."

"We eagerly await their arrival. Be advised however that we do not yet have large settlements nor proper aero facilites. There is a large clearing near the former Temple-City that both the Dragons and Nobodies have used as a de-facto aerostrip. The coordinates will accompany this message."

"Thank you."

The Coordinates were in turn transmitted to the aeroplane. It would travel in short hops, taking about a day to get there.

OOC: I've just recently progressed out of the biplane technology, so it's not super-advanced, but it would look familiar to pilots today...so you may RP the plane landing, if you wish.

The voice of the Nobodies once more spoke out across the space separating two civilizations.

"We are Peace. We are Harmony. We await your arrival."

"Where are you? We are on the continent termed 'Australia.'"

"Thank you."

The Coordinates were in turn transmitted to the aeroplane. It would travel in short hops, taking about a day to get there.

OOC: I've just recently progressed out of the biplane technology, so it's not super-advanced, but it would look familiar to pilots today...so you may RP the plane landing, if you wish.

"Where are you? We are on the continent termed 'Australia.'"

The sun was already hanging low in the sky as the Mando vessel arrived. Though it was certainly not a great airfield by any means, with some advice from the Storm Dragons, what could be considered the 'runway' was crude but discernable. A long strip of exposed soil lined by Silver-trimmed poles and wire, with a crude radio station at the end.

Casimir, now carrying a cane and walking with a noticeable limp, came out to meet whomever had been sent. Though the plane wasn't spectacular by modern standards, it was still more than the Sahkuo were capable of.

The sun was already hanging low in the sky as the Mando vessel arrived. Though it was certainly not a great airfield by any means, with some advice from the Storm Dragons, what could be considered the 'runway' was crude but discernable. A long strip of exposed soil lined by Silver-trimmed poles and wire, with a crude radio station at the end.

Casimir, now carrying a cane and walking with a noticeable limp, came out to meet whomever had been sent. Though the plane wasn't spectacular by modern standards, it was still more than the Sahkuo were capable of.

It was a slightly bumpy landing, but nothing the pilot could not handle. As he came to a stop, he checked to make sure nothing was out of place; everything was in order, so he popped the canopy of his craft, allowing both himself and his passenger to exit. He himself was in a simple flight suit, helmet included, but his passenger was swathed in silk. He aided her down before turning to see who had come to greet them.

Seeing only the man with a cane, he presumed this was their contact, and stepped aside from his charge. As she removed her helmet, one could see that she was indeed mostly human in appearance--except for her pointed ears.

It was a slightly bumpy landing, but nothing the pilot could not handle. As he came to a stop, he checked to make sure nothing was out of place; everything was in order, so he popped the canopy of his craft, allowing both himself and his passenger to exit. He himself was in a simple flight suit, helmet included, but his passenger was swathed in silk. He aided her down before turning to see who had come to greet them.

Seeing only the man with a cane, he presumed this was their contact, and stepped aside from his charge. As she removed her helmet, one could see that she was indeed mostly human in appearance--except for her pointed ears.

Casimir indeed noted the ears.

"Non-humans appear to be the rule rather than the exception. Welcome, I am Casimir. Pardon my...appearence, I have recently suffered injuries during a recent conflict surrounding the collapse of the Temple.

That aside, I suppose you could say you arrived in our 'capital' of sorts. Just this crude landing area and the Temple-City over there." he said pointing to the circular shaped village of mud-brick dwellings and the pile of carnage at it's center that had once been the Temple.

Casimir indeed noted the ears.

"Non-humans appear to be the rule rather than the exception. Welcome, I am Casimir. Pardon my...appearence, I have recently suffered injuries during a recent conflict surrounding the collapse of the Temple.

That aside, I suppose you could say you arrived in our 'capital' of sorts. Just this crude landing area and the Temple-City over there." he said pointing to the circular shaped village of mud-brick dwellings and the pile of carnage at it's center that had once been the Temple.

Both she and the pilot took all this in in a sweeping glance. The village may have been crude, but no less crude than the own original dwellings of their human ancestors had been.

"You cannot be faulted for your appearance," the diplomat said, "nor that of your 'capital.' From what we hear, you are doing your best to improve your people's lot in life. As long as you atiniir (OOC: pronounced ah-teen-EER/OOC)...sorry, I mean to endure and persist in doing what you believe is right, that is all anyone can reasonably ask of you."

She turned her gaze back to him. "My apologies, I have not introduced myself," she said, as she bowed formally. It involved having each of her hands in the sleeve of the other arm and bowing over the linked arms. "I am Hibira, after our word hibirar, which means 'to learn.'"

Curiously, for Nobodies as a whole were insatiably so, the Samurai stepped daintily out from a nearby building. He padded silently up to stand next to Casimir, decidedly more relaxed in his presence after the battle than before. A 'friendship' forged in the fires of desperate stands was perhaps the strongest possible, after all. The Samurai pondered the concept of friendship for a few fleeting moments.

In a race comprised almost entirely of beings which naturally worked together towards the goals defined by those-who-defined, friendship was an unheard-of concept. It simply had no niche to form as a concept. Indeed, without the contact with other species in which it was a common occurrence, it would have never formed. The best analogy the Samurai had for it was a voluntary pact to work towards the good defined by the friendship.

'A peculiar concept.' It thought to itself, before once more turning its' attention to the visitor.

Hibira turned her attention to the newcomer. Tilting her head to one side in an expression of curiosity, she wondered if this were one of the 'Nobodies' they'd recently overheard in the transmissions...however, she did not let it distract her from whatever reply her original greeter would give...

The Nobody focused all six eye-slits on the creature tilting its' head slightly in a strange gesture. It thought for a few seconds and began to slowly imitate the gesture. The Samurai made an effort to speak his language as clearly as possible. There was a significant chance the master-language had influenced the formation of the newcomer's own. He spoke in the normal melodious tone common for his race, sounding more like preaching than speaking. He made an effort to use small words to further increase the chance of a partial translation. (OOC: High Latin.)

"Greetings. We are Nobody."

The Nobody focused all six eye-slits on the creature tilting its' head slightly in a strange gesture. It thought for a few seconds and began to slowly imitate the gesture. The Samurai made an effort to speak his language as clearly as possible. There was a significant chance the master-language had influenced the formation of the newcomer's own. He spoke in the normal melodious tone common for his race, sounding more like preaching than speaking. He made an effort to use small words to further increase the chance of a partial translation. (OOC: High Latin.)

"Greetings. We are Nobody."

Unfortunately, she could not understand, as she was unfamiliar with that language. She knew several, but had never studied the languages believed to be 'dead.' When she had a chance, she would have to inform the council that no language should be labelled as truly dead, not until this planet was more fully explored.

"I'm sorry," she said in Casimir's language, "but I cannot understand you."

The Nobody would have frowned, were it possible for him. He understood the language of Casimir and could speak it, but it caused him a headache to communicate properly. Briefly, the air-slits on his sides glowed a brighter blue before fading to its' normal background color, the equivalent of a sigh. He started to talk again, only this time in the far more harsh sounding language of Casimir.

"Shall we try this again...? We are Nobody."

The Nobody would have frowned, were it possible for him. He understood the language of Casimir and could speak it, but it caused him a headache to communicate properly. Briefly, the air-slits on his sides glowed a brighter blue before fading to its' normal background color, the equivalent of a sigh. He started to talk again, only this time in the far more harsh sounding language of Casimir.

"Shall we try this again...? We are Nobody."

She noted the slight change in the air-slits on this curious creature, but was unfamiliar with what it meant.

When it stated what it had said, this time in the language they had in commom, she smiled. "I am glad to meet you as well. I am Hibira. I represent the Mando'ade."

"Mando'ade..." He said slowly. "What is that..?" The Samurai was eager to categorize another nation.

"It is our name for ourselves. The proper name of our nation is Mandalore. We are a collection of Humans, Elves (such as myself), and crosses between them." With that last, she gestured to her pilot, who removed his helmet and headband, revealing ears longer than a normal human's, but shorter and more rounded than an elf's.

The Samurai was confused. Other than what appeared to be a slight genetic drift in the hearing-organ area, there was effectively no difference physically between the two species. The possibility of a very close divergent genetic path was exciting to the Nobody.

"Elves are descended from humans?"

The Samurai was confused. Other than what appeared to be a slight genetic drift in the hearing-organ area, there was effectively no difference physically between the two species. The possibility of a very close divergent genetic path was exciting to the Nobody.

"Elves are descended from humans?"

She blinked in shock, then shook her head emphatically. "No. We may have had a common ancestor, but neither race is descended from the other. There are very unique internal physiological differences. Some very different strengths and weaknesses. It is commonly believed, however, that Elves are the elder race."