[AEGIS] Casimir Khan sends out a Message

Ranather

Casimir sighed heavily.

"It is the black eye. Justice is a Mobrule affair. One breaks a tradition, a custom, and normally tribal leaders in the camps will enact their own forms of plains justice. One camp might cut off a theif's finger, while another might feed him to the wolves. There is no standard and centralized civil and criminal law system."

"That might be your next project once your parliament is firmly in place--to enact a formal set of laws, and a clear-cut punishment for breaking these laws."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That might be your next project once your parliament is firmly in place--to enact a formal set of laws, and a clear-cut punishment for breaking these laws."

"Hmm....yes, it would help end the confusion if nothing else."

"After that..." she stopped, interrupting herself. "You know, we do have several books written in your language on these subjects in our archives. If you wish, I can send for copies..."

Casimir tilted his head in curiousity.

"We knew that the Old Ones had used the language to speak with outlanders but we had assumed that outside knowledge of it had died with them. Yes, I would be very interested in seeing these materials."

Casimir tilted his head in curiousity.

"We knew that the Old Ones had used the language to speak with outlanders but we had assumed that outside knowledge of it had died with them. Yes, I would be very interested in seeing these materials."

"Very well..." she beckoned to the pilot. She had to explain her request to him, as he had not understood a word they had said--he was no scholar. He memorized her request and turned back to the plane, where he would access the radio to transmit it.

"It is done," she said to Casimir. "The books should be here in no more than two days. Now, is there anything you would like to ask me about my people?"

The Nobody made a motion to speak.

"We are interested in the 'culture' of your people. What are the inter-racial interactions, for the most part?"

"I would say that on a day-to-day basis, most members of our society interact with those of different race on a fairly regular basis. As you can see by my pilot...marriages between the two main races are not unheard of, and in some cases, are actively encouraged, as those born of such unions are ideal for our military forces. And in the ruling council, interaction is even more commonplace. As I mentioned earlier, we are governed by a council of nine. It is composed of three Elves, Three Humans, and three half-bloods."

"Hmm...Our experience in genetics tells us that, for these two races to be able to reproduce together, they must either have a unique system of reproduction like our own or be extremely similar, genetically." The statement was phrased like a question, asking for confirmation.

"Hmm...Our experience in genetics tells us that, for these two races to be able to reproduce together, they must either have a unique system of reproduction like our own or be extremely similar, genetically." The statement was phrased like a question, asking for confirmation.

Hibira shrugged. "As I said, we may have had a common ancestor. Or perhaps the Creator made us this way. I don't know. I am neither a scientist nor a theologian."

OOC: There...another word that might give the nobodies trouble... :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder