CN RP R OOC

Triyun

Well rather easily, we want 1946 as a start.

What do we want to end up with? 2019 seems reasonable.

What tech range do we need to take care of? 0-5000? 0-6000?

I prefer the latter, so we already have c, 1946. so, now we just need m

m = (2019-1946) / (6000-0) = 0.0121666666....

So,

Tech year = 0.0121 *IG tech + 1946.

For me, 4019 tech, I get 1994.

I think we should use this tech scale. It essentially makes high tech people have modern day equipment, which is reasonable, while mid level tech have 70s and 80's and low tech have late fifties and early sixties.

This is desirable because it means there can't be any fantasy technologies, only known and proven technologies are used, eliminating much of the OOC fights about technology that plague CNRP and is quite fair to everyone.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

Uh, no. The tech scale already turns away some smaller nations from CNRPR to CNRP, especially tech sellers. What people need to do is be responsible. We need a list of stuff that we can't build, stuff that causes a lot of problems, such as most WMDs and some planes.

Rampant imperialistic moves, unfeasible claims of control over massive bodies of water and some questionable technological achievements... all the things that bugged me about CNRP are still here in CNRP-R. *sigh*

Actually I posted a clarification on what you are referring to. I never claimed the ocean I was just saying that I would be enforcing my laws upon it in a passive manner. This was mostly a justification to take madagascar as it would give me two ports on opposite sides of the Indian ocean. And to be honest I think these are all positive elements of the game, it is keeping things fluid and dynamic. A game where nations claim land form a UN to keep everyone in place and then sit and tell stories about how their nations are like any nation that exists in the world today would be a horribly boring and dismal game. When there was still unclaimed and legally unrecognized portions of the world the powers of the time practiced blatant imperialism, nations enforced their laws on the ocean, and persued politics reflecting the IR theory of Realism. I don't see what makes this at all unrealistic.

Edited by iamthey

Actually, what bugged me about some of your claims was the whole 'fusion' thing. If I remember the tech scale correctly, you're modern day and there's no nation today that relies primarily on fusion - nuclear, certainly, but it makes little sense for you considering you're sitting on top of the world's biggest oil reserve.

The massive body of water comment was more pointed at the whole Caribbean issue.

Edited by Sadinoelus

Actually, what bugged me about some of your claims was the whole 'fusion' thing. If I remember the tech scale correctly, you're modern day and there's no nation today that relies primarily on fusion - nuclear, certainly, but it makes little sense for you considering you're sitting on top of the world's biggest oil reserve.

The massive body of water comment was more pointed at the whole Caribbean issue.

That's fair, triyun and I had a long conversation about this. Essentially the argument was that almost every major nation has a well funded fusion project and that the theoretical knowledge is there to at the very least present the possibility that the world could have an extremely inefficient but workable reactor in place. The only thing holding it back at that point would be market share. Furthermore we only take a significant portion of our energy from fusion the majority really comes from a series of solar arrays positioned in the deserts which are quite prevalent and present a good environment to construct such a structure as there is little cloud cover. Moreover in regards to the oil wealth of the middle east the decision to not use the oil domestically relies primarily on the fact that investing in sustainable long term options while we have the money is a better decision than shortsightedly burning through our present resources. Not to mention doing this allows us to export 98% (our military still uses fossil fuels) of our product bringing more wealth into the nation. Finally I don't really see the problem with this as it really has no strategic effect on the game and really is just something cool. It would be like me RPing a massive farming project, or the commissioning of a monument its just there to create a nice story. I don't intend to RP anything terribly technologically advanced when it comes to strategic technology like impenetrable shields, ray guns, death stars, as I understand how that would effect the other players.

Edited by iamthey

You know fusion today puts more energy in than it gets out, so you can't make energy with it....?

I recall reading in the Far East Economic Review a few years back that one Japanese Fusion reactor actually does lead to some positive output, but not very much to make it economically viable. I made clear I believe that Iamthey's fusion reactor does not generate an economically viable energy option.

Edit: As for Imperialism, thats for the individual player to stop.

Edited by Triyun

Thank admin that we have a thread for the obvious out of character information, now CNRP-R threads can avoid the OCC cluttering often these forums.

Rampant imperialistic moves, unfeasible claims of control over massive bodies of water and some questionable technological achievements... all the things that bugged me about CNRP are still here in CNRP-R. *sigh*
It's unrealistic for the Confederacy to lay claim to any body of water, the Confederacy has no navy.

CNRP-R Rule Regarding Naval Vessels

1 Ship= 1 Ship in game (class equivalence)

Tahoe has no navy, thus the Confederacy has no navy.

Edited by Generalissimo

It's unrealistic for the Confederacy to lay claim to any body of water, the Confederacy has no navy.

Yes, that is true. What is your point. Like Triyun said, you are making an IC problem into an OOC one. Don't think I can't enforce it, challenge it.

Thank admin that we have a thread for the obvious out of character information, now CNRP-R threads can avoid the OCC cluttering often these forums. It's unrealistic for the Confederacy to lay claim to any body of water, the Confederacy has no navy.

While he has no actual military vessels, any nation can roleplay transport ships. If you can move troops around, then you can lay claim over territories.

And as Triyun stated, policies over bodies of water can be enforced through the usage of airforce, though it's more expensive and not as practical, but he can still enforce his policies there.

I think we should use this tech scale. It essentially makes high tech people have modern day equipment, which is reasonable, while mid level tech have 70s and 80's and low tech have late fifties and early sixties.

This is desirable because it means there can't be any fantasy technologies, only known and proven technologies are used, eliminating much of the OOC fights about technology that plague CNRP and is quite fair to everyone.

IG tech is linear, why should it be logarithmic here?