[CNRPS]Sahkuo Rises

Ranather

A flying Nobody craft soared across the tundra and icy wastes so common of the Northern Siberian Landscape. It spotted a likely landing area and swooped in, touching-down and rolling to a stop within heartbeats. The craft taxied towards another clear area and finally stopped, the engines spinning down to idle. Within the plane, various heating systems activated to keep the electronics warm and capable of function.

The side-door mounted on it opened, and a ramp extended to cross the few feet separating it from the ground. It slammed into the ground with a metallic clang and the hiss of hydraulics, before stopping. Silence one again reigned supreme.

A few moments later, countless Dusks streamed out of the craft in their odd wiggling manner. Even while walking the arms moved, the torso bent in impossible positions. Lines up and down their sides glowed with pulses of something*. The creatures all slunk to a halt in a rough circle just outside the aircraft and waited.

Even while they did, they never stopped wiggling.

*Footnote*Reports on Nobody physiology indicate that the slits along the slides of Dusks are, in fact, a form of respiratory system. The organs took air in through osmosis with the atmosphere, held it within sacs similar to those found in human lungs, and expelled it through the same manner. The massive size of the organs also allowed them to store large amounts of oxygen within the sacs, enough for five minutes of activity under most cases.

Edited by Shadowsage

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A flying Nobody craft soared across the tundra and icy wastes so common of the Northern Siberian Landscape. It spotted a likely landing area and swooped in, touching-down and rolling to a stop within heartbeats. The craft taxied towards another clear area and finally stopped, the engines spinning down to idle. Within the plane, various heating systems activated to keep the electronics warm and capable of function.

The side-door mounted on it opened, and a ramp extended to cross the few feet separating it from the ground. It slammed into the ground with a metallic clang and the hiss of hydraulics, before stopping. Silence one again reigned supreme.

A few moments later, countless Dusks streamed out of the craft in their odd wiggling manner. Even while walking the arms moved, the torso bent in impossible positions. Lines up and down their sides glowed with pulses of something*. The creatures all slunk to a halt in a rough circle just outside the aircraft and waited.

Even while they did, they never stopped wiggling.

*Footnote*Reports on Nobody physiology indicate that the slits along the slides of Dusks are, in fact, a form of respiratory system. The organs took air in through osmosis with the atmosphere, held it within sacs similar to those found in human lungs, and expelled it through the same manner. The massive size of the organs also allowed them to store large amounts of oxygen within the sacs, enough for five minutes of activity under most cases.

OOC: Note that they are dressed in Red and Gold Trimmed Silk Robes, except the warriors who are dressed in typical Mongol Horseman garb, GoogleImages it to get a good idea.

IC:

Casimir, his Shaman, and 5 Keshik Horsemen came out to greet these strange creatures. Unsure how to proceed, he greeted them the best way he knew how.

"I am Casimir, Kahn of the Sahkuo, High Priest of Gahk."

Edited by Ranather

The voice rang out, apparently coming from all of them at once. It was an eerie chorus of voices, entering the ear from all directions at once.

"We are Nobody. We have come to open relations." One of the creatures in particular gave Casimir a stare while he looked over his Ceremonial Robes. It seemed to twist and vibrate even more intensely for a few moments, while it made an enormous leap of logic. It was, after all, only one part of the whole.

"It seems you are...nervous with us. We have others; would you care to see?"

The voice rang out, apparently coming from all of them at once. It was an eerie chorus of voices, entering the ear from all directions at once.

"We are Nobody. We have come to open relations." One of the creatures in particular gave Casimir a stare while he looked over his Ceremonial Robes. It seemed to twist and vibrate even more intensely for a few moments, while it made an enormous leap of logic. It was, after all, only one part of the whole.

"It seems you are...nervous with us. We have others; would you care to see?"

"Welcome. What mean you by others? Your tribe has multiple kinds? Or you are seperate pieces of one greater whole? I am confused.

These things aside, we look forward to opening 'relations' as you put it."

As if in reply, footsteps rang out from the top of the metallic ramp leading into the depths of the aircraft. Every Dusk head turned to watch the Samurai as it made its' way down the ramp on steady legs, reinforced by the strength of authority. The Humans in the greeting delegation relaxed unconsciously; it may not have been the same race as their own, but at least it wasn't wiggling!

The Samurai stepped lithely off the ramp and padded lightly over the ground to the Human Delegation. Its' six eye-slits glanced them over up and down with curiosity for several moments before it finally spoke.

"We are regretful that a Leader could not be sent. We will have to make due." Though only one of the Samurai were present, it spoke as if part of a collective, something the Humans didn't fail to notice.

"We are eager to discuss your society. Reciprocation of information is possible."

As if in reply, footsteps rang out from the top of the metallic ramp leading into the depths of the aircraft. Every Dusk head turned to watch the Samurai as it made its' way down the ramp on steady legs, reinforced by the strength of authority. The Humans in the greeting delegation relaxed unconsciously; it may not have been the same race as their own, but at least it wasn't wiggling!

The Samurai stepped lithely off the ramp and padded lightly over the ground to the Human Delegation. Its' six eye-slits glanced them over up and down with curiosity for several moments before it finally spoke.

"We are regretful that a Leader could not be sent. We will have to make due." Though only one of the Samurai were present, it spoke as if part of a collective, something the Humans didn't fail to notice.

"We are eager to discuss your society. Reciprocation of information is possible."

"We are hunters, herders, farmers. Only recently have we built permanent settlements." Casimir noted as he pointed to the Golden-domed Temple and Mud-Brick village surrounding it.

"The city there is the only of it's kind in our lands. The outlying settlements are still animal skins and twigs. We are what some might call a 'Monarchy'. I hold supreme decision making power, advised by my Holy Men, the Shamans. We believe largely in the worship of the spirits of the planet, the Planet itself, and the Sun.

Though I am not a particularly religious man myself, it is a glue of sorts, it gives my people an...anchor, if you will.

Are there other points you would like addressed?"

The Samurai pondered the information offered. Its' foot tapped out a rhythm on the ground while it considered the society as a whole. One glaring hole in the information required immediate questioning, and it began to speak.

"What is this Religion?"

"A most difficult question to answer. In the easiest of terms, Religion is a belief that a people or society share in a power larger than themselves, normally used to explain events beyond the scope of their comprehension. Creation of the worlds, birth of the species, natural events and disasters beyond explaination, and that sort of thing.

Ours in particular surrounds a being we know as Gahk. The Preists tecah us that he created our world and gave us that which allows us to survive. I cannot attest to the truth of the teachings, but make of it what you will."

The Samurai recoiled slightly with confusion. The concept in and of itself was convoluted. A system based entirely on faith rather than scientific deduction? Stranger and Stranger. These humans would certainly be a worthy find.

"We...have never met anything such as religion. What would you like to know about us?"

The Samurai recoiled slightly with confusion. The concept in and of itself was convoluted. A system based entirely on faith rather than scientific deduction? Stranger and Stranger. These humans would certainly be a worthy find.

"We...have never met anything such as religion. What would you like to know about us?"

Casimir was a good reader of body language and was quick to notice the recoil.

"Pardon? Did I give offence? In any case, any such materials required for your investigations can be acquired in the Temple. Books, records, archives and the like.

As for my questions, your kind are so inherently alien to us that I am not sure what questions to even ask."

It wasn't long til one of the Storm Dragons finally landed.. they had noticed the nothing craft and radioed back to strategic command that they'd gotten here first. It was kind of entertaining, racing the nothings around the world to meet new races and peoples.

The team of 3's flight suits slowed to landing speed.. the suits unlocked, they moved into a stall and then, all forward momentum halted, they put their feet down and landed on them very carefully with 3 soft thunks as metal hit the ground. They looked around One flipped up the visor on his helmet.

"People of.. Sahkuo?" One asked questioningly..

It wasn't long til one of the Storm Dragons finally landed.. they had noticed the nothing craft and radioed back to strategic command that they'd gotten here first. It was kind of entertaining, racing the nothings around the world to meet new races and peoples.

The team of 3's flight suits slowed to landing speed.. the suits unlocked, they moved into a stall and then, all forward momentum halted, they put their feet down and landed on them very carefully with 3 soft thunks as metal hit the ground. They looked around One flipped up the visor on his helmet.

"People of.. Sahkuo?" One asked questioningly..

One of Casimir's Guard noted to him the arrival of the Dragons. Bowing politely, Casimir went to greet the new arrivals. After a 10 minute walk over to the landing area, Casimir introduced himself.

"The week brings us two sets of guests, welcome. I am Casimir, Khan of the Sahkuo and High Priest of Gahk."

"I am Khan, Third Recon Squadron leader. This is my team; Seth and Granx. Pleased to meet you." The three lightly bowed their heads to them in greeting. "Who's Gahk?" Khan would ask.

Casimir smiled as he answered the question.

"Gahk is the central Diety of the Faith I am the titular leader of, though not particularly spiritual in my own right, it is a position I must accept as Khan.

More technically, he is seen as creator, giver of law, harbinger of justice, and so forth. The Temple Priests would be more than eager to explain it in greater detail.

The pleasure of meeting is reciprocal."

Edited by Ranather

"Sounds like a pretty decent being to build your civilization's religion around." He would nod faintly. "Most of our people worship a similar being known as Bahamut, a great platinum scaled dragon. So, now that we're here.. what shall we do?" He looks around pondering the terrain.

"Sounds like a pretty decent being to build your civilization's religion around." He would nod faintly. "Most of our people worship a similar being known as Bahamut, a great platinum scaled dragon. So, now that we're here.. what shall we do?" He looks around pondering the terrain.

"Other than this landing area and the Temple-City in the valley, we have no other permanent settlements. As I was previously explaining to our other guests, we are still very much nomads, Animal-Skin dwellings and the like. It was only through my own initiative that the Temple-City rose up.

I am doing nothing less than trying to convince my people to settle and coalesce as a proper Nation-State, I am having nominal success but I am invested long-term in this idea. It seems to some that I am trying to change centuries of our lifestyle, but we have grown stagnant and are soon to be swept away if action is not taken.

This is a changing world and we cannot afford to stand as we are and do nothing."

Edited by Ranather

"'Sign a friendship treaty with us and we will get you equipment and technology to facilitate this evolution of your culture." Khan would say. "We have equipment and techniques that can make your lives much easier."

Casimir pondered the Dragon's words. It appears that his people have reached a crossroads. Surely life would become easier, but technology poses it's own problems. But he was also pragmatic enough to realize the consequences of doing nothing at all.

"I will sign this...treaty with your nation. It is admittedly a new concept to me, but it is my belief that the consequences of doing nothing are far too great."

The treaty was thus laid out before him to review.

NPODragonisia.jpg

1. Signatories agree not to war with each other.

2. Signatories of this treaty agree to free trade.

3. Signatories of this treaty grant freedom of military movement through their sovereign domains so long as the intent is solely transit.

4. Signatories of this treaty agree to allow the free flow of capital financing between their respective nations in terms of private investment and ownership.

5. Signatories of this treaty agree to share intelligence of any geostrategic threats to their partners as soon as they become aware.

6. Signatories of this treaty pledge to co-operate in scientific research and development. (ooc: This allows Signatories to take advantage of a tech-sharing option if they wish and it would be beneficial. Please consult the tech-sharing formula in my signature.)

7.This treaty may be canceled anytime with a 24 hours Notice.

>> Treaty Class: NAP/Friendship <<

Maelstrom Vortex,

-- Emperor of the Storm Dragon Empire

Casimir,

-- Khan of the [Kingdom of] Sahkuo Khaganate

Tulak,

-- Elder Shaman of the Khaganate

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Without a moment's hesitation Casimir and his Shaman affixed their seal to the document.

"I believe this to be a truly monumentous day for our people." Casimir stated as he finished.

Edited by Ranather

The Dragons began to tap onto a device on their sleeve. It began to transmit a pulse signal around the world.

##Transmission From Recon 3: Stop##

##Encountered Sahkuo Khaganate and their Khan: Stop##

##Still dwelling in leather skin huts and living a nomadic lifestyle: Stop##

##Please send heavy farming and industrial equipment to help them start building cities and a few teams of civil engineers: Stop##

"Do your people have any experience at all with Agriculture?" Khan would ask Casimir. Noting the type of government that they had set up and the titles, Khan greatly hoped his name wasn't offensive. "Umm.. I hope my name isn't too much of a bother."

The Dragons began to tap onto a device on their sleeve. It began to transmit a pulse signal around the world.

##Please send heavy farming and industrial equipment to help them start building cities and a few teams of civil engineers: Stop##

"Do your people have any experience at all with Agriculture?" Khan would ask Casimir. Noting the type of government that they had set up and the titles, Khan greatly hoped his name wasn't offensive. "Umm.. I hope my name isn't too much of a bother."

"The people of the Temple-City are serfs and farmers. Potatoes and Sugar-Beets being our crops of choice. Some grow Barley and Corn but only in the southern reaches near Sahkalin.

As for your name, it would be foolish of me to be upset over so trivial a matter. If it was given to you by your family, then you have every right to use it." Casimir smiled hoping his point had gotten across.

OOC: I assume this isn't encrypted in any way? If it is, then ignore this post.

IC: The Mando'ade overheard this transmission, but could make no sense of it. It seemed to work like Morse Code (an ancient method of simple communication), but it was not the same. They had overheard the conversation between this people and the Storm Dragons, but would have considered it rude to interrupt. By the time they had managed to compose a response, the Sahkuoans' (OOC: Is that the proper term?/OOC) radio had fizzled out, so no further contact was possible, until the war in thier own lands could be brought to a successful conclusion.

IC: The Mando'ade overheard this transmission, but could make no sense of it. It seemed to work like Morse Code (an ancient method of simple communication), but it was not the same. They had overheard the conversation between this people and the Storm Dragons, but would have considered it rude to interrupt. By the time they had managed to compose a response, the Sahkuoans' (OOC: Is that the proper term?/OOC) radio had fizzled out, so no further contact was possible, until the war in thier own lands could be brought to a successful conclusion.

OOC: 'Sahk' or 'The Sahk' would be preferable though I would accept 'Sahkuoans'.

ooc: Unencrypted morse-like code.