[CNRPS]Sahkuo Rises

Ranather

It was a cold morning in the wastes of far Eurasia. Elder Chieftian Kazymiir, a pale skinned human with east asiatic features and a muscular build, common of his tribe, looked out upon the domains. Various warring tribes with little in common save blood and ancestry. The time of the Sahkuo draws near. Gathering his finest Keshik horseman and one old radio that he barely knew how to operate, he set forward on his holy crusade.

Speaking into the device, all of the land heard his voice.

"Kinsman, clan-brothers and sisters, Children of Gahk.

I am Kazymiir, Kahn of the Sahkuo. Lay down your spears and fire-barrels, for the Golden Age of the Altan Ord Reborn is upon us. From the Great Yurt I establish my authority, my Horsemen shall bring humble those who stand against me now.

To those outsiders who pick up this strange device's words, the Kingdom, the Khanate means you no ill-tidings. The plains of South Kamchatka and the Northern Reaches of the Icewind Isle of Sahkhalin is my domain. I greet you as a Child of the Great Spirit of Gahk, bringer of peace, creator of worlds.."

And so Kazymiir set out, to unify his homeland, and bring Glory to Gahk.

Edited by Ranather

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was midmoon before Kazymiir reached the first rebelling Yurt-camp. The village sent out 30 Spearmen to meet his warriors. In the first volly of Fire-barrels (Flint-Lock Rifles), 10 of the Rebels fell dead, while 3 men and two horses of his own were lost.

The Rebel Yurt soon began to burn sweet sandalwood, a sign of peace. Kazymiir and 2 Keshik entered the Yurt as per custom. After many hours of wines and talks, the Yurt, called Dugak was now a Vassal of the Khanate and Kazymiir was declared Khan of Dugak.

The Lesser Cheif told him of 10 more Yurt camps on the Peninsula. The journey of the Sahk had only just begun.

Kazymiir and his new vassals headed slowly south. Meeting only farmer after farmer who offered little resistance, but rather dark tales of disappearing camps, Kazymiir wondered where the other 10 Camps had gone to.

After another hour, the truth became evidently clear.

Plague.

The first camp they came upon, Saiing Kay Paek, was littered with corpses covered in boils and blotches. To prevent the spread, The Khan ordered the village burned to the ground. Kazymiir wept for his misguided brethren as he could not convert them to his cause before their demise. Nearby, two vassal camps of Paek, Kuikek and Esraezhou appeared to have suffered a similar fate.

Truly, the entire valley was dead. The Sahk were alone, the last tribe of the Gahklings, the last of Gahk's Children.

As Kazymiir watched the last Plague-Cursed-Yurt burn, he turned again to his strange Device-Of-Far-Spreading-Voices (Radio).

"Any who would listen...

Are there no other survivors? Are we now alone? The device is silent..I seek voices...even outsiders..."

Kazymiir ordered the device left on for as long as it's Stones-That-Breathe-Life (Batteries) would hold out. Lighting a stick of sweet sandalwood, Kazymiir entered into meditation.

The Radio would crackle with a not-so-great transmission on this side of the world, "This is.. Storm Dragon... People looking.. other civilizations... please respond.... we will tell you... are.... your co-ordinates?" It broke in and out... Of course, to the humans, it'd sound like hisses, snarls, grunts, growls, and a mix of german.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The Radio would crackle with a not-so-great transmission on this side of the world, "This is.. Storm Dragon... People looking.. other civilizations... please respond.... we will tell you... are.... your co-ordinates?" It broke in and out... Of course, to the humans, it'd sound like hisses, snarls, grunts, growls, and a mix of german.

Kazymiir and his Shaman exchanged bewildered looks. He went back over to the device. Though the guttural sounds were difficult to make out, it was remarkably similar to the Old Toungue their ancestors had once used.

"Dragons? How...what? We are in the Far East, the lands once known as Russian Kamchatka and Sakhalin. We are the last survivors of a deadly plague or so it would seem."

OOC: They have never encountered a Non-Human Sentient Species before so it would come as quite a cultural, religious, political, and social shock.

Edited by Ranather

Kazymiir and his Shaman exchanged bewildered looks. He went back over to the device. Though the guttural sounds were difficult to make out, it was remarkably similar to the Old Toungue their ancestors had once used.

"Dragons? How...what? We are in the Far East, the lands once known as Russian Kamchatka and Sakhalin. We are the last survivors of a deadly plague or so it would seem."

OOC: They have never encountered a Non-Human Sentient Species before so it would come as quite a cultural, religious, political, and social shock.

The response was almost understandable to the dragons.. which was very strange, but they had the linguists verify it anyhow. It had come through garbled on their side a bit also.

""Yes, We are the Storm Dragons.. *hiss static* Plague? Surivivors.. Okay?.. *hiss static* plague continuing?..... your leader?.. Are you....?"

The response was almost understandable to the dragons.. which was very strange, but they had the linguists verify it anyhow. It had come through garbled on their side a bit also.

""Yes, We are the Storm Dragons.. *hiss static* Plague? Surivivors.. Okay?.. *hiss static* plague continuing?..... your leader?.. Are you....?"

Though he was still having trouble understanding with the garble, Kazymiir was confident he had gotten the gist of things.

"We have never before encountered non-humans, so forgive my trepidation. We are a primitive Tribal people, we never saw this Plague coming. We have burned all infected Yurt-Camps we could find, they seemed to have been dead for weeks, we have found no evidence of the infection being still active, none of my Tribe show signs."

Crackle garble hiss.. "send diplomats..." "embassy" "and a few..." "study the plague?"

"Diplomats? Embassies? I am sorry I do not understand, those terms are unfamiliar to me. Though if you wish to send Medicine Men to study what little we can offer, they are welcome."

OOC: These people are still on-level with Pre-Spain North American Natives as far as Government goes. Think 16th Century Native Americans with 1870 - 1910 Technology. Yes, I am underplaying my stats due to a heavily flutuating IG Tech Level. From 200 to 5 in two weeks then back again is quite typical for me.

"Diplomats? Embassies? I am sorry I do not understand, those terms are unfamiliar to me. Though if you wish to send Medicine Men to study what little we can offer, they are welcome."

OOC: These people are still on-level with Pre-Spain North American Natives as far as Government goes. Think 16th Century Native Americans with 1870 - 1910 Technology. Yes, I am underplaying my stats due to a heavily flutuating IG Tech Level. From 200 to 5 in two weeks then back again is quite typical for me.

"On.. " "See you soon." Came the reply..

A steel boat arrives in northern Karafuto (Sahkhalin). Someone jumps out before anyone else could think of laying the plank.

"Nice cool weather it is up here."

The red eyes from hell looked upon the frozen land.

OOC: I'll porbably be active in march so this is just a reservation thing.

A steel boat arrives in northern Karafuto (Sahkhalin). Someone jumps out before anyone else could think of laying the plank.

"Nice cool weather it is up here."

The red eyes from hell looked upon the frozen land.

OOC: I'll porbably be active in march so this is just a reservation thing.

OOC: M'kay

IC:

Two Gahkling Spearmen would look at the outsiders from behind a nearby outcropping. The Sahk only had a nominal presence in the area and with only a few radios and a handful of batteries left-over from the Antiquotous Burning, it might be weeks before the Khan would receive word of their arrival.

Kazymiir was lucky he had finished his talk with the Dragons as the radio then fizzled into death. Standing up, he looked at his Shaman.

"Today our world has changed." he said to a nodding Shaman.

"Great Kazymiir Khan, our way of life is coming to an end. I am afraid."

"As I am as well, Holy One. We are primitive, we are dying. What must we do?"

"These Dragons will either be our salvation...or our destruction. Be cautious, that is he best advice I can give, these are uncharted waters. Also, the Islands to the South, perhaps we will find hope there."

"You serve the Clan well, Holy One."

Kazymiir watched as his new city 'Kasparas' rose from the plains. The Mud-Brick and Wood was very different a construction style from the Animal Skin Yurts of the past.

Kazymiir, as a sign of his commitment to change has taken the name Casimir. The Golden Plated Dome of the new Temple rose in the center of the circular city. In an attempt to regain contact with the outside world, the Radio was attached to a large metal rod recently forged.

Casimir had acquired a new Battery from the south. Hopefully the longer range and more powerful signal would allow them to reach new Civilizations. Casimir watched with baited breath as his Shaman activated the crude device.....

An extremely faint voice came through on radio-waves otherwise clear of interference. It spoke in a language nearly incomprehensible, and yet tantalizingly familiar to any who listened for long enough. The message was transmitted over a period of days in which transmissions were bounced off the atmosphere to land in the general area of the original broadcast.

It was expected that perhaps every other word would be understood.

"Greetings. We bring tidings from The World That Never Was. Before you ask, we are Nobodies. We are the end result of human evolution. Your transmission has been logged; an airplane is on the way to the originating area of the transmission. Do not be alarmed."

An extremely faint voice came through on radio-waves otherwise clear of interference. It spoke in a language nearly incomprehensible, and yet tantalizingly familiar to any who listened for long enough. The message was transmitted over a period of days in which transmissions were bounced off the atmosphere to land in the general area of the original broadcast.

It was expected that perhaps every other word would be understood.

"Greetings. We bring tidings from The World That Never Was. Before you ask, we are Nobodies. We are the end result of human evolution. Your transmission has been logged; an airplane is on the way to the originating area of the transmission. Do not be alarmed."

Once again, Casimir and his Shaman exchanged looks.

"First Dragons...now...Phantoms, and they are coming here? I am leaving this to you Khan..it is beyond me."

Casimir nodded and mover over to the transmitter.

"We acknowledge you...Nobodies. We are the relatively primitive Sahk people. The radio we used to communicate is the apex of our limited technology, do not expect to find much here or to be impressed by us. We offer nothing but our welcome and gifts of peace."

OOC: Phantoms, lol. :D

IC:

"Primitive is an entirely relevant term. We are willing to observe and catalog the various unique aspects of your species. We digress. The purpose of our visit is to establish proper diplomatic relations. Technology is entirely irrelevant; fellow sentient creatures are treated as equals regardless of the level of civilization they are at. Peace is a preferable course to the alternative, to be sure."

OOC: Phantoms, lol. :D

IC:

"Primitive is an entirely relevant term. We are willing to observe and catalog the various unique aspects of your species. We digress. The purpose of our visit is to establish proper diplomatic relations. Technology is entirely irrelevant; fellow sentient creatures are treated as equals regardless of the level of civilization they are at. Peace is a preferable course to the alternative, to be sure."

"In this we find ourselves in agreement. I admit I am new to this notion of 'Diplomacy'. I am building a proper state out of a Tribalist Commune, so your visit will prove a meaningful learning experience to be sure. I await your emissaries arrival here."

OOC: Do you mind if I fast-forward to the arrival for simplicity? Also, they sound like scientists because the primary urge at the moment is to learn about life in all its' forms.

IC:

"It is always a pleasure to discover and catalog new species, particularly those who have yet to be contaminated by outside sources. Our dealings with other beings, to include such peculiar evolutionary specimens as the Storm-Dragons, have been most satisfactory. We will be sure to make haste. One particular question burns within our minds; What primary species branch do your peoples belong to?"

OOC: Do you mind if I fast-forward to the arrival for simplicity? Also, they sound like scientists because the primary urge at the moment is to learn about life in all its' forms.

IC:

"It is always a pleasure to discover and catalog new species, particularly those who have yet to be contaminated by outside sources. Our dealings with other beings, to include such peculiar evolutionary specimens as the Storm-Dragons, have been most satisfactory. We will be sure to make haste. One particular question burns within our minds; What primary species branch do your peoples belong to?"

OOC: Sure.

IC:

"We consider ourselves to be 'Human' but then again, we never assumed there was anything else."