Dutch Announcement

Mergerberger II

nlflag300x200.png

Announcement Concerning the Fate of Tunsheim

It still lingers in my memory, as I am sure it lingers in all of yours' how the small island-nation of Tunsheim did, quite recently, cause quite the stir in Europe with their movements against basic human freedoms to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The infringed on the conventions agreed to by many nations of the world, though not formally written down. They attempted a genocide of a people known as the 'Zeons', a minority found in Gotland.

Many nations in Europe engaged in military actions against the island, such as Neo Japan, Neo Franzharia, and others. One of these nations, which none of you were aware, was the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands. We sent covert operators to Tunsheim, securing the chief city on the island within forty-eight hours, and preparing for a full-scale invasion from Japan, which did not happen due to the collapse of all resistance on the island for unknown reasons.

Since that time, the primary occupying force on the island, and the only occupying force on the island for some time, has been the Dutch National Guard, who have kept the island peaceful, and the people of the island of Gotland have lived quite well, improving their lives under the occupying force. Recently, there have been movements on the island calling for a full incorporation of the island into Dutch territory.

With that, the island of Gotland, territory of the former nation of Tunsheim, shall hereby be a full province of the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands, enjoying all of the freedoms that come with that privilege, a full right to vote in the Republic for leaders, accurate representation in the Senate for their population, as well as a new plan for the improvement of the island's infrastructure.

Forty billion will be invested to improve the infrastructure of Gotland, that is, to repair roads and bridges, rebuild power plants, fix water lines, and build schools. This amount has been devised by the Office of the Economy in Amsterdam as more than enough to provide adequate infrastructure on the island.

I, and the government of the Republic thank you for your time.

Ik zal handhaven

We have waited for quite some time for the member nations of the Scandinavian Union to come to some decision, or at least act on something that would do something for the people of Gotland. They have not, and all the while Dutch forces have lingered on the island, and it has remained peaceful. While the Scandinavian Union has done nothing, we have decided to do something. You cannot come in, after we have finally decided to act, and say that it is, in fact yours, when it is, in fact, not. We feel, as previously stated and made evident by this declaration, that we are quite capable of managing the people of the island by ourselves, and we do not wish for the aid of the peoples of Scandinavia, else we would have asked for it.

The idea of a joint territory is a bad one. The reasoning for this is that nothing would ever get done. Any decisions made about the island would have to be passed by all of the nations of SU as well as the Republic, and it would be far too much of a hassle to do it that way. We feel that it would be most beneficial to the people of Gotland if their matters were decided by one nation alone, one nation that they are a part of. Should a people, respectable enough and logical, rise on the island to form a new nation, it would most certainly be given its independence. However for the time being, we feel that the Republic, as the second largest nation in Europe, should handle the affairs of the island, and can do so in an efficient manner and with the intentions of what is best for the people in mind.

You forget that in the surrender terms for Gotland, which by the way could still be going on if Mr. Litler ever does anything, Tunsheim was to be controlled by the Scandinavian Union. What action have you done, anyway? Nothing, none of us could. Scandinavian forces are the main force on the island, and your incursion in what is our jurisdiction did not please us at all. Leave Scandinavia to the Scandinavians.

OOC: Tom Litler just stopped posting, and I have posted in the Map thread to ask to have Tunsheim returned to me. But none of us did anything about it. I've asked frequently, but did anyone listen? No. It got ignored, just like pretty much everything else I say.

We have waited for quite some time for the member nations of the Scandinavian Union to come to some decision, or at least act on something that would do something for the people of Gotland. They have not, and all the while Dutch forces have lingered on the island, and it has remained peaceful. While the Scandinavian Union has done nothing, we have decided to do something. You cannot come in, after we have finally decided to act, and say that it is, in fact yours, when it is, in fact, not. We feel, as previously stated and made evident by this declaration, that we are quite capable of managing the people of the island by ourselves, and we do not wish for the aid of the peoples of Scandinavia, else we would have asked for it.

The idea of a joint territory is a bad one. The reasoning for this is that nothing would ever get done. Any decisions made about the island would have to be passed by all of the nations of SU as well as the Republic, and it would be far too much of a hassle to do it that way. We feel that it would be most beneficial to the people of Gotland if their matters were decided by one nation alone, one nation that they are a part of. Should a people, respectable enough and logical, rise on the island to form a new nation, it would most certainly be given its independence. However for the time being, we feel that the Republic, as the second largest nation in Europe, should handle the affairs of the island, and can do so in an efficient manner and with the intentions of what is best for the people in mind.

Are you quite sure that Dutch soldiers were the only ones on Gotland. If I do recalled, Neo Franzharia still has soldiers occupying Tunsheim. Here are reports on the Franzharian Military, Franzharian Military Reports you will see that they are also deployed there. And even if the Dutch were the only ones occupying the island, Gotland is far away from Dutch Territory. The idea of a joint protectorate is a gift, this could easily just be a SU protectorate because it is our zones of control. But to agree with Forvenge, I think the territory should be returned fully to them.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

You forget that in the surrender terms for Gotland, which by the way could still be going on if Mr. Litler ever does anything, Tunsheim was to be controlled by the Scandinavian Union. What action have you done, anyway? Nothing, none of us could. Scandinavian forces are the main force on the island, and your incursion in what is our jurisdiction did not please us at all. Leave Scandinavia to the Scandinavians.

OOC: Tom Litler just stopped posting, and I have posted in the Map thread to ask to have Tunsheim returned to me. But none of us did anything about it. I've asked frequently, but did anyone listen? No. It got ignored, just like pretty much everything else I say.

ooc: huh, did you say something?

haha couldn't help myself