I'm only making 300k after taxes at 2385 infra... is that a problem?

Sydero

I was wondering if there's something wrong with my nation, if I'm only making 300k after bills with a nation having 2385 infrastructure?

I have 8,409 Working Citizens, the income tax per citizen is 51.38, my infra upkeep is $242.34.

It just seems kind of odd that in the 1000s I was making over 500k after taxes.... and now that I'm 385 levels above 2000, I'm still not making as much. Is this normal?

Thanks

I have 8,409 Working Citizens, the income tax per citizen is 51.38, my infra upkeep is $242.34

you have 18,409 working citizens (obviously typo).

anyway,

- optimize your trade setup (drop lead, get wheat)

- optimize your improvement setup (make sure to have at least 2 clinics and a hospital. then add income-improvements, raze the satellite)

we have nations at 1999infra that make a million after bills per day...

edit: do you have an -10% citizen-event? you should have ~20,500 citizens with your setup...

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

Well I have Banks: 5, Factories: 5, Foreign Ministries: 1, Harbors: 1, Satellites: 1, Stadiums: 5

I guess I bought the satellite by accident, so I'll remove it and purchase an clinic.

Yes in total of all my events: I have -10% pop and +6 happiness.

And I'm waiting for someone to now accept my trade for wheat :)

Edited by Sydero

Well I have Banks: 5, Factories: 5, Foreign Ministries: 1, Harbors: 1, Satellites: 1, Stadiums: 5

I guess I bought the satellite by accident, so I'll remove it and purchase an clinic.

Yes in total of all my events: I have -10% pop and +6 happiness.

And I'm waiting for someone to now accept my trade for wheat :)

ah i see. wait for the event to expire. a hint: NEVER EVER chose the -10% citizen option. NEVER, it cripples your nations economy.

After changing lead to wheat you should have ~19,800 citizens. Build these improvements:

Harbour, ForeignMinistry, 3 Clinics, 1 Hospital, 5 Banks, 5 Stadiums, 1 School

Your Population will go up to ~22,300 citizens, your income to ~$54, leaving you with ~580k per day after bills.

When your event expires, your population will go up to ~25,000. Build 2 more schools and a university. You should make ~850k per day after bills then, which is quite normal.

good luck.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

Looking at your nation I can see a few problems.

You have no Wheat and Fish. Your resourses are good for the 5 resourse build so go for that. Your land may be a tad low I think. Also:

It is an aggressive country that some say has an itch for war

I think that is a bad choice. I think you should change that.

You have no Wheat and Fish. Your resourses are good for the 5 resourse build so go for that. Your land may be a tad low I think. Also:

Good advice. Wheat and fish will give you a huge population bonus, meaning more improvements, taxes, etc.

I don't think you can change it, really. I've had that for the Seven Heavens for a while (I think it's just because of 0 casualties).

1 hospital is limit. (like for harbour and foreign ministry)

Shouldn't only 2 clinics be bought?

With an agricultural or optimal industrial (all pop boosters except one) at 1999.99 infra you would definately pay back the population needed for the three improvement but a third clinic wouldn't allow you to get another 1k pop.

Shouldn't only 2 clinics be bought?

With an agricultural or optimal industrial (all pop boosters except one) at 1999.99 infra you would definately pay back the population needed for the three improvement but a third clinic wouldn't allow you to get another 1k pop.

Yes, according to the nation building guides. After you buy other important improvements (i.e. schools, universities, police headquarters) then you purchase the final three clinics.

yeah but in his special case, the third clinic would jump him over the next 1,000citizen mark, so he could build another improvement after building the third clinic. which means, instead of only 1 improvement, he gets a clinic for free.

Keep your factories.

Factories > Banks, IMHO.

Sure, you lose income, but you can buy more infrastructure daily.

Though, saving money for larger infrastructure purchases does also seem to be very useful. :mellow:

yeah but in his special case, the third clinic would jump him over the next 1,000citizen mark, so he could build another improvement after building the third clinic. which means, instead of only 1 improvement, he gets a clinic for free.

Good point. I did this as well to get a clinic for free. Actually, more than once if I remember correctly.

At this point should I be "factory swapping"? Maybe instead I should have 5 money making improvements, and then after a week or so when it's time to improve my infra, I can buy back the factories and get some infra? Or should I just stick with what I have?

Right now I'm making about 682k after taxes... and a population of 26 016.

Edited by Sydero

At this point should I be "factory swapping"? Maybe instead I should have 5 money making improvements, and then after a week or so when it's time to improve my infra, I can buy back the factories and get some infra? Or should I just stick with what I have?

Factory swapping? Don't do that.

No, you shouldn't swap out factories. They are much more expensive than most of the later improvements, making it too expensive to buy them back at your level. Plus you should be investing in infra nearly every day so your nation grows every day. The numbers don't add up. When your bills reach $600K or so, check out the nation building guide for improvement swapping.