Looking for a new alliance

Merovingian

Does your alliance have a theme of some sort? Yes. We are called the Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes, and our theme is Cardboard Boxes, produced in Liberia, that float. It's a joke theme, but a theme nonetheless.

If you were asked to justify your alliance's existence on Planet Bob, how would you respond? We are a group of like minded players, most of whom have found that there is no place in CN that really fits with the way we want to play the game. Some are too serious, some are too unserious, some are too narcissistic, some are too aggressive, some are too peaceful.

Will I be allowed to remain on the blue sphere? (I have some very long-time trade circle partners, and I don't want to bail on them because they've been very good to me.) We're slowly moving to Maroon but it is by no means enforced.

What makes your alliance a good fit for me? I'll answer this in two parts, since your self-description was in two parts also.

You said you've founded two micro-alliances. You might find yourself at home in SLCB since some of our members have also founded alliances in their time, and SLCB itself is not that old. There are always positions open for people who are intelligent, experienced, and able to work on their own initiative. You said you like to bring up new ideas to solve problems; this would be welcomed in SLCB. Everyone can match their potential.

In terms of your personal convictions, I think we would be a great match. I too am strongly against anything harsher than a ZI, furthermore, I don't believe in demanding reperations (of any kind) to keep down a defeated enemy. If SLCB signs a treaty, it will honour it. In my opinion, SLCB is pretty unique, and I would like to think that, despite our small size, we add something different to the game.

Also, if you're on IRC alot, you might encounter tiznoast, one of our Generals (equivalent of triumvirate), who is a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates (as far as I know that's a baseball team), and will gladly be engaged in a conversation regarding it.

Oh, and I like House!

If that's not a good fit I don't know what is. If you would like any further information, feel free to send me a pm or visit our forums (link in my sig).

irc.coldfront.net#SLCB

www.seaworthy-liberians.com

Peace

Edited by A Soviet Attack

Hey Merovingian, let me take a shot at recruiting you. Normally I'm not a big fan of these kind of topics, sometimes it's just a topic for a player to join the alliance who offers the most money/tech or highest govenment spot. But looking at the size of your nation you don't look like you can be bribed and you are really looking for a fun alliance to join. So I'll just tell you about iFOK and you can make up your mind. :)

As you might or might not know, we're a quite new alliance (34 days), founded by some FOK members, and still under the protection of FOK. We're currently at 28 nations (and growing) and at 540K ns (and growing ofcourse).

Does your alliance have a theme of some sort? No, we don't need a theme to have a good time. We're an offspring of the FOK alliance and we try to be FOK'ish but I don't know if that counts as a theme.. :P

If you were asked to justify your alliance's existence on Planet Bob, how would you respond? Hmm that's a hard question. It's a bit like a question you get at a job interview :P I'd say we're just here to have a good time with eachother and at the same time our goal is to grow and make a difference here on CN.

Will I be allowed to remain on the blue sphere? Sure, we have a few Orange nations and a blue nation. But if you stumble upon a nice TC and a replacement for yourself for your old TC, it would be cool if you take it. But we won't rush you or force you ofcourse. :)

What makes your alliance a good fit for me? First of all you're a founder of two alliances, so you're interested in making a young alliance grow and prosper. And iFOK is a young alliance (34 days now). So dispite of the fact yours failed I think we ould still use your expertise and motivation. Because we're so young we still have some positions to fill, and more positions will come as we grow of course. Now we only have about 10 experienced players to keep the alliance running and help out the new nations, we could always use another pair of hands. :)

As far as your gameplay convictions, you and I agree 100%, and I am not just saying that.

We have an academy to help our new members learn to grow. We require that they come to IRC, so our private channel is always a nice place to talk about all sorts of things, not just the game. We're also very active on our forums. B)

I personally saw all episodes of house and the office, and you should really watch How I Met Your Mother, best show ever!

I don't like base ball, but we have some members who do (Rex sox i heard? :P )

And you should really check out our recruitment thread, you'll get an idea of our sense of humour :P(LINK)

Link to your alliance's forums: http://www.ifokalliance.com/

IRC channel: #fok (we share that one with FOK)

Damn, this post turned out longer as I thought it would be. But if you have any questions (or not) come see us in #fok. :)

Edited by Spaarlaamp

I noticed you signed up at our forums.

Does your alliance have a theme of some sort? Not really. We're mostly musicians I believe but the alliance really isn't musically geared. It's kind of a mystery what we're all about I suppose. ;)

If you were asked to justify your alliance's existence on Planet Bob, how would you respond? With nukes. j/k j/k

I've been around CN for quite a spell. When i joined I always knew I would start my own alliance. I did it the right way though. I spent over a year in high gov positions in sanctioned alliances. Now I feel i know enough to have success as an alliance leader.

Will I be allowed to remain on the blue sphere? (I have some very long-time trade circle partners, and I don't want to bail on them because they've been very good to me.) Of course. Only members under 5k NS are required to switch and that is only if they don't have a complete trade set.

What makes your alliance a good fit for me? You've said you've had a go at building an alliance from the ground up.....You also said that you have financial experience..,Well my friend this is perfect. We need people who are active and can help in the financial area. The guy I have running it now is doing ok but could use some help. He has also expressed that he doesn't want to stay in the main post for too long so advancement may come quickly if that is something you want.

We've already had plenty of success in recruiting. I doubt we'll stay very small for long. I just need experienced people to help me shepard the new guys and hopefully help lead us to a great future.

Thanks for your consideration.

magicninja

Emperor of Enigma

I'm so ready for fantasy baseball to start back up.

Edited by magicninja

Questions I need answered:

Does your alliance have a theme of some sort?: We are themed off of The Brotherhood Of Nod, a Fraction of the Popular Real Time Strategy Series Command And Conquer! :)

If you were asked to justify your alliance's existence on Planet Bob, how would you respond?: To Fight For The Oppressed! :)

Will I be allowed to remain on the blue sphere? (I have some very long-time trade circle partners, and I don't want to bail on them because they've been very good to me.): Yes We Are A BLue Alliance! :)

What makes your alliance a good fit for me?: Protected By NPO :)

Link to your alliance's forums: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Brotherhood_Of_Nod/index/

IRC channel: #BON