Randomization of Events

Pikel

If you get an event, is the event you choose completely random? Over 10 days, I have gotten the same event 3 times in a row. Someone once mentioned the ratio of good to bad is 52-48 percent. The lowest numbers that would work is if there were 25 events. Wouldn't the probability of that happening be .000064, or .0064%. For both good and bad events, I had streaks like this in the past, one of 4 in a row I think, which would be .00000256, or .0000256%, if it was completely randomized. Statistically, I think these streaks are next to impossible.

Just wondering are supposed to be random or not? Not complaining about which events I get esp if I have a good streak xD, but its weird to get the same event so many times.

Thanks.

If you get an event, is the event you choose completely random? Over 10 days, I have gotten the same event 3 times in a row. Someone once mentioned the ratio of good to bad is 52-48 percent. The lowest numbers that would work is if there were 25 events. Wouldn't the probability of that happening be .000064, or .0064%. For both good and bad events, I had streaks like this in the past, one of 4 in a row I think, which would be .00000256, or .0000256%, if it was completely randomized. Statistically, I think these streaks are next to impossible.

Just wondering are supposed to be random or not? Not complaining about which events I get esp if I have a good streak xD, but its weird to get the same event so many times.

Thanks.

Are you sure there are 25 events? I wouldn't extrapolate anything from the 52-48 figure since whoever gave it would probably have rounded off anyway, and how were they to know that evey event is equally likely?

On the other hand I still agree with you that the events doesn't seem very random at all, just like the my iPod shuffle on 'random' which used to repeat the same string of 10 or so songs out of 3000 :P

Considering the frequency of double occurrences, and what I believe is a 50 event pool (I could be wrong), it is highly statistically unlikely to get the same event three times in a row as you state.

It is even more unlikely that it would happen so frequently.

But meh. The response to this always is "it's all random" even when the evidence strongly points against randomness.