Length of Wars?

crazymatty

Just thought I would through this out there...

When you declare war it says that: "Wars automatically expire after 7 days"

But if you look at the "Wars Across the Globe" screen, it looks like wars last 8 days.

Example:

Nations that declared war on 11/4 were able to fight through 11/11. The wars ended after server change on the 12th. That is 8 days of fighting right?

If you look at wars started on 11/5...they are still active. So they were able to fight on the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th. 8 days of fighting.

Like I said...just thought I would throw it out there. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to be.

It's a little known fact (at least I think so) that wars last 8 days. If you do update attacks (before and after update) you still have 6 more times to attack (over the next 6 days). Eight days total.

Exactly my point. Why does it say 7 days when it really is 8 days? I guess it is not a really big deal but more of a nit picky type thing.

The wording is technically correct.

If you declare on Friday at 2pm, then the war will expire on the next Friday at 2pm (really at update since wars can't end during the day), "after 7 days". Meaning you get 2 Fridays. 8 days total.

But I agree though, it should be reworded - as this is probably the reason why most people think wars last only 7 days.

The wording is technically correct.

If you declare on Friday at 2pm, then the war will expire on the next Friday at 2pm (really at update since wars can't end during the day), "after 7 days". Meaning you get 2 Fridays. 8 days total.

But I agree though, it should be reworded - as this is probably the reason why most people think wars last only 7 days.

Hmmm...wouldn't "after 7 days" mean after the 7th day it would be over...not after the 8th day?

For it to be "technically correct" it would need to say 7 days after the day you declare.