Season 4 Commencement

PremierApex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, it's always good to see an influx of new managers that are good. The first Legion Championship 'graduates' should come in after the next season, after I've trained them sufficiently in the art of Football. =)

Watch out for them!

Hmmm Legion invasion...not enough Football (of the foot variety) fans in ODN :(

:o Wow I just pummelled Gumbo Gods 7-1 with my worst possible starting line-up. Balthazar Botha hammered the ball home home for 4 goals in 36 minutes.

At the other end of the field, my back-up keeper got the start and then got injured and forward Ricardi van Deinsen went in between the posts.

Can't wait to write up the game report for this one.

and I just steamrolled through Turners 11, God, I hope beyond all hope that Segunda will be more competitive. Not that I don't like my 7-1-1, but nearly every one is just a whitewash, it gets old after a bit, ya know? Heck, since Rivendell went down the crapper, only me and teh Mouse are even half-decent. :/

Take advantage while you can to use the whitewash games to train your less experienced players, that's what I did today. It paid off except perhaps for my back-up keeper getting hurt but I'd be surprised at this stage he'll see any more action as he's already gained his 100% experience for the season.

Most of my players worth playing are still young, it's the old farts (and usually lesser skilled too) who warm the bench in most cases, so I guess it goes hand in hand. At this point, my team is still at the stage where I am developing a core nucleus, so most everyone (likely to be kept into next season) is at 80% EXP or higher.

(17, 22, 28 for my forwards, so on)

Hence my desire for that match against Mouse to come quicker. :P

Edited by Ranather

GAH! I am running out of ideas!!!

Rest assured you aren't getting relegated, so take some solace in that. I'm serious, because that's what the rest of us not of the Big 3 worry about every season. Looks like the Big 3 is becoming more like the Old Firm.

Die Bokke massacre Gumbo Gods 7-1

The Springboks pulled off their most lopsided victory today at the Penske Center, when Transvaal defeated the hapless Gumbo Gods 7-1. The six-goal margin of victory is the highest ever from any Springboks match.

Forward Balthazar Botha, energised from playing alongside his younger brother Detlef who was making his senior debut, hammered the ball home for four goals in a row during a 36 minutes span in the first-half.

Midfielder Stien van Buyten set up Balthazar for a breakaway five minutes from the opening whistle. Eight minutes later, brother Detlef Botha crossed the ball for Balthazar to head it clean past Gumbo keeper Eric Rothwell. Three minutes later, a foul in the Transvaal penalty area allowed Adrien Whittle to pot in a rare goal from the penalty kick for Gumbo Gods, only their fourth tally of the entire season.

The ’Boks went up 3-1 at the 32-minute mark when Balthazar connected on a Dick Witchge pass to head in his natural hat-trick – then four minutes before the half whistle, he notched his fourth in a row from a penalty kick.

Transvaal then began to run away with the lead during the second half of the match as newcomer Detlef Botha and veterans Gert Grünholz and Dick Witchge shellacked a shellshocked Rothwell to round out the final result at 7-1.

“It was a pretty sad affair” commented Manager Bartnel Botha after the game. “To see this kind of result in first division football is shocking. I gave all our third-liners and juniors the starting nod, and prior to kick off I admit I wondered if we were perhaps taking them too lightly and it could in fact backfire in our face. We expected a strong result, but certainly nothing like this – especially with arguably our least talented line-up of the season, certainly on the attack. You have to feel for the handful of fans who stuck around to the very end… I suppose perhaps a morbid curiosity to see just how bad it could get.”

The match was notable as all midfielders and forwards chalked up at least 1 point, with all but two notching at least 2 points.

The next outing for Transvaal Springboks features a friendly meeting with Voobaha National at Loftus Versfeld. Said Botha: “This match was arranged for two reasons – namely, to gauge comparison between a strong Segunda and an original Primera side. As well, both club have some South African heritage in the ownership – so we are billing this as the first of a two-game meeting between us in what we are billing the South African Cup. Hopefully we can make it an annual event.

Edited by Botha

http://www.freewebs.com/leftblank/xpert11guideIV.pdf <--xpert guide

And in other news, The option to create a second cup is not there. I am guessing this is due to the fact that we have less than 5 rounds(3rounds) left. If i am mistaken, please help me find it! cuz i dont see it and that means we cant have the El Legado cup this year...

Primera Boxing-day matchup previews will continue next round, i apologize-RL is nutty right now

Edited by PremierApex

Bah, and that guide is useless - I think, anyway, it's probably one of those cheap guides that say "Form train people always", "evaluate players always"...

I dunno, the RULES page is helpful, I don't know if that's the same one you're think about.

What's good about it is is give you the basics but not everything so you still have to figure out from expereince playing the game. Much like managing a real team, you get the feel for your players true abilities and usefull as you play them.

Bah, and that guide is useless - I think, anyway, it's probably one of those cheap guides that say "Form train people always", "evaluate players always"...

Actually, I refer to it A LOT! Especially the part where they give relative values for players sold on the market. This has been an area that has been vastly underused by myself out of ignorance. The formation breakdowns are quite good, too. It is a 40 page read, so you'll want to give it some time.

Gimp. :P

I've beaten ALDM in the past, so I wouldn't get too overconfident. ;) But yeah, I think I'll have a go. Just to say that I made it, even if I get stomped and lose every game like (OOC) Auda Riga did in Latvia a few seasons ago (END OOC)

Edited by Uralica

But yeah, I think I'll have a go. Just to say that I made it, even if I get stomped and lose every game

SiPS is an up and coming quality side in Liga Mundo, I've been impressed with your activity since you joined - so please stick around.

What would help is if enough teams joined that the Primera could expanded to 8-10 teams. The last two seasons have been difficult for promoted sides, I think Estella Roja is the only one to surive promotion and not fall back down into the Segunda. It also helped them that Dahab folded. But this seasons two promoted sides, Gumbo and Swamplandia have had a rough time - Gumbo no surprise as they've been abandoned since before the season started but Swamplandia is struggling to get out of relegation and barring major upsets all round with head back to the Segunda.