Season 4 Commencement

PremierApex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to see Dragonia put forth a Liga Team next season :D join the Fraternity of Greatness, Prestige and Rivalry! and id like to talk with you sometime. Did you get my pm or am i just still hungover?

I got it, I just need to leave one of the private leagues I am currently in

4 Liga Mundo Nations in the World Top 10, congrats!

1 Tritonia

2 VolNation

3 Paraganea

4 MacLand

5 Arcadian Empire

6 Costa Libertad

7 Greatspace

8 $JWS$

9 Dragonia

10 Crodog Damnation

Thats awesome! well done guys.

Also got my second win of the season...watch out Arcadia both the Springboks and myself are nipping at your heels :D

No Baako return; Elding suspended

Negotiations between Springboks club management and former noted UCFA ’Boks player Darakai Baako have fallen through, leading Manager Bartnel Botha to explain that “I seriously doubt we shall see Baako playing anytime soon, at least for this current season. We gave him a try-out but unfortunately were unable to find a suitable spot for him.”

Manager Botha also confirmed that midfielder Horace Elding will miss a month of play due to his 5-game suspension. “Horace won’t be suiting up until February” said Botha, “but I plan on using his vacancy to further develop our younger players and make some hard decisions regarding our midfield line-up. I also haven’t ruled out floating Horace on the transfer market although his suspension probably won’t make him too attractive to bidders.”

The controversial Horace Elding, one of the most penalized players ever in Liga Mundo (26 bookings during three seasons), was sent off during the Springboks’ second cup match versus VolNation Volunteers for making obscene comments and gestures about referee Fred Redkard. “I told him that if [Redkard] had one more eye, he’d be a cyclops. He took offense to that and when he showed me the red card, I asked him if he was flashing me his phone number for a date” chuckled a bemused Elding.

4 Liga Mundo Nations in the World Top 10, congrats!

1 Tritonia

2 VolNation

3 Paraganea

4 MacLand

5 Arcadian Empire

6 Costa Libertad

7 Greatspace

8 $JWS$

9 Dragonia

10 Crodog Damnation

5. ;) Spartak Mac/Spartak MK is MacLand's best team although we are in Serie Segunda.

My only hope for a good placing for the season now is to...well, defeat ALDM and then win every single match after and hope like hell ALDM and Vols slip up...

Third place is...shocking.

That's a mighty tall order, lol. But hey, who knows? ;)

They don't put me in the Big Three for nothing :P

It's debatable if I'm number 2 or 3, but our performances as of late put us in the number 3 chair, while in Season 1 I would've been in 2, Season 2 would put me third, Season 3 would put me...third I think, and last season would put me 2nd or 3rd...not sure which.

It's debatable if I'm number 2 or 3

I'd put you at 3 right now.

Don't forget that ALDM only really made a move towards the Big 3 in season two - because if you look at the Season 1 and 2 standings, most people would see Dahab as being one of the Big 3. As Dahab dropped into oblivion, that's when ALDM gained a foothold in the Top 3.

Actually, the more I think about it, the Big 3 really only became solidified as a group during last season.

I'd put you at 3 right now.

Don't forget that ALDM only really made a move towards the Big 3 in season two - because if you look at the Season 1 and 2 standings, most people would see Dahab as being one of the Big 3. As Dahab dropped into oblivion, that's when ALDM gained a foothold in the Top 3.

Actually, the more I think about it, the Big 3 really only became solidified as a group during last season.

From VolNation's perspective, ALDM had a strong squad in Season 1, but just couldn't put it together until Season 2. I, too, remember Dahab as really strong in Season 1, and Arcadia was dominant. I think the potential for there to have been a Big 4 was high until Dahab really dropped away.

From VolNation's perspective, ALDM had a strong squad in Season 1, but just couldn't put it together until Season 2.

ALDM really came out of nowhere in Season 2 but in Season 1 they finished 9th, arguably the worst 'active' team at the time. In Season 1 the Big 4 would have been VolNation, Arcadia, Dahab, and Corinthians.

I'm hoping to get a few friendlies in so my youngies can get some match experience in...

It's no secret that I'd be all in favour for expanding the schedule to twice a week and dropping the cups. I don't like the regular season so short (just 12 games now) because yeah it makes it tougher to train your benchwarmers. That 22-game campaign in Season 1 was awesome.

Corinthians franchise is still around, they got taken over by new management and renamed Liverpool FC.

Edited by Botha

It's no secret that I'd be all in favour for expanding the schedule to twice a week and dropping the cups. I don't like the regular season so short (just 12 games now) because yeah it makes it tougher to train your benchwarmers. That 22-game campaign in Season 1 was awesome.

Corinthians franchise is still around, they got taken over by new management and renamed Liverpool FC.

So what happened to Dahab?

I mean my goalkeeper is 35! And to find a replacement for him? It'll take tons of money... grr...

I dumped a ton of cash in Season 2 and Season 3 for instant repairs to stem the losing but to little avail. Now I'm going the route of dumping my cash into developing players. Sometimes paying a ton of money for what might appear (on paper) to be an instant fix is not the best route. I couple of my less-skilled juniors I've gotten more production out of than the costly free-agents. This morning I dumped my second highest earning (and second best skilled) midfielder because he was 35 and doing nothing sitting out a 5-game suspension. With all the red cards I got from him, I wouldn't be surprised if he blew more games than won.

Edited by Botha