questin regarding the resource percentages

kjuice14

hey, i was wondering how all the resources worked regardig the percentages.

say i have 5 resources and wonders that raise my population , so that the cumulative population raised is say, 50 percent. does that that my population is raised only up to tat point, or, dos it mean that every time that i buy infrastructure (causing my population to rise as a result), is it raised 50 percent again? or is it only raised once. i owonder: can this be applied to things like infrastructuer upkeep costs, so that you cold potentially pay less than 50 percent (or even nothing) of infrastructure, land, army etc?

thanks

percentages for population work by using base rate of citizens for your infra. the percentage is then added on.

So say you get 5 citizen per infa level, and have 10 levels, you base rate will be 50. But if you have a 10% bonus the citizen number will be 55.

with 100 levels, base rate will be 500, and total count will be 550.

it is different with soldiers as admin changed it due to it making it a disadvantage to have the bonus.

hey, i was wondering how all the resources worked regardig the percentages.

say i have 5 resources and wonders that raise my population , so that the cumulative population raised is say, 50 percent. does that that my population is raised only up to tat point, or, dos it mean that every time that i buy infrastructure (causing my population to rise as a result), is it raised 50 percent again? or is it only raised once. i owonder: can this be applied to things like infrastructuer upkeep costs, so that you cold potentially pay less than 50 percent (or even nothing) of infrastructure, land, army etc?

thanks

All resources apply their benefits as a modifier against a base number. Since you mention population, I'll use that as an example. Your population has a base number based on the infrastructure and land you have. This base total population can modified by resources, improvements and/or events you might have. Each modifier is multipled against the base total population to give you your modified population. Everytime your base population goes up, so does your modified population since it is recalculated. So if you have 1000 citizens as your base population and you have the resources wheat and fish and you have two clinics and a hospital, the formula would look like this:

(base population of 1000)*(Wheat @ 1.08)*(Fish @ 1.08)*(2 Clinics @ 2+2=4 or 1.04)*(Hospital @ 1.06) = 1285.839 or rounded to 1286 citizens

If something in the formula changes, it is recalculated. Note, improvements with the same name like Clinics are added together (known as stacking) to form a single modifier for Clinics which is multipled against the base. The same formula principle is used for any benefit involving percentages be it against infrastructure, population, land, soldiersm tanks, aircraft, nukes, cruise missiles, whatever.

That's quite helpful, I'm collating data at the minute & have just been trying to work some formula's out but was slightly baffled.

Does the largest percentage always come first with the resources? What about bonus resources? Are they next in line after normal resources but before improvements or is it just highest percentage bonus to lowest & then resources are done at the end?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Mayzie