Canadian News & Broadcasts

Lynneth

OOC: Whats the difference between civil and mechanical engineers?

A: Mechanical engineers build weapons, civil engineers build targets.

IC: Imperial Wellington laughs at this architectural one ups man ship. You should construct your cities less vertically, and enjoy green spaces, like we have here in Imperial Wellington.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IC: Imperial Wellington laughs at this architectural one ups man ship. You should construct your cities less vertically, and enjoy green spaces, like we have here in Imperial Wellington.

OOC: Actually, he has rail guns...

OOC: Third, actually. The Nakheel Tower will be #1, The SkyTower #2. ^_^

OOC: Man.... :o

Well...time to make another tower, then. :D

OOC: That joke's funny. ^_^

IC: We are merely ensuring that we use the available space as efficiently as we possibly can. Would we not build skyscrapers, we would have to expand the SkyCity's area to well over 400 km² for the same amount of usable space. As we are building vertically, 250+ km² of countryside around Ferinh will be spared.

OOC:

OOC: Actually, he has rail guns...

Indeed.

OOC: Man.... :o

Well...time to make another tower, then. :D

I can give you some links that could be cool. :awesome:

A small update

By the SNN

The construction on all the projects, the Center Tower, the Nakheel Tower and the SkyCity has begun.

More than 100,000 construction workers will be involved in the construction of the projects for the next years.

The first parts of the SkyCity will likely be inhabitable within the next year.

A small update

By the SNN

The construction on all the projects, the Center Tower, the Nakheel Tower and the SkyCity has begun.

More than 100,000 construction workers will be involved in the construction of the projects for the next years.

The first parts of the SkyCity will likely be inhabitable within the next year.

OOC: If you want to be literal, the Vanderlipp building in Haversbrook is the tallest building in the world due to the elevation at the top of Haversbrook. It is 4000 feet above see level at the highest point, but in reality the building is only about 100 meters tall :awesome:

OOC: At least I still have the tallest tower in the world... *diabolical laughter*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(Do pardon me, it's nearly 3am in the morning...)

OOC: You're railguns are no use to rods from god or orbital-dropped bombs. That, and planes don't need to fly OVER your city to bomb it, they can make a sharp turn and fling the bombs at you. :P

OOC: You may have failed to note than my railgun-satellites can fire at other satellites, killing them enemy sats. As for planes: What plane can drop a bomb that flies 200 kilometers?

I have defenses not only close to Ferinh, but basically in the entire country, most near the coasts of course. Also, lasers can shoot howitzer-shells down (IRL, even today, needing only a second), so I can't see why they wouldn't be able to shoot conventional bombs down.

Edited by Lynneth

An address from the Emperor.

The Emperor stands on a podium, behind him the Saborian flag

PRoS.png

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

Friends and Comrades.

A recent survey has shown that the people no longer were satisfied with the name of our country. Thus, I asked them what the new name should be.

Several names were suggestes, but one has prevailed above all others in a nation-wide vote, in which almost 95% of all with the right to vote participated.

The people have decided, and thus Saboria will from today on be named the Saborian Democratic Republic, or SDR in short."

He put his right hand onto his chest. The

began playing.

OOC: Those with some knowledge of history know what I now 'officially' am.

Ever heard of the German Democratic Republic? :awesome:

OOC: Attacking Saboria is attacking me and REPO, attacking me is attacking Lavo, attacking Lavo is attacking his allies.

Sounds fun. :P

OOC: Indeed.

Also, Shan, don't forget that I'm only a year or two behind you in tech. We're almost equal in strength.

OOC: You may have failed to note than my railgun-satellites can fire at other satellites, killing them enemy sats. As for planes: What plane can drop a bomb that flies 200 kilometers?

I have defenses not only close to Ferinh, but basically in the entire country, most near the coasts of course. Also, lasers can shoot howitzer-shells down (IRL, even today, needing only a second), so I can't see why they wouldn't be able to shoot conventional bombs down.

OOC: But that doesn't eliminate the threat from a first-strike, should someone attempt it. They can launch their rods before you kill the satellite.

OOC: But that doesn't eliminate the threat from a first-strike, should someone attempt it. They can launch their rods before you kill the satellite.

OOC: That means getting the satellite above my territory and then launching the rods.

Just sending such a thing into/over my territory can be considered a declaration of war. I'm assuming that they are in geostationary orbits, btw.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: Mine's not... :P And yes, I do have one such satellite, but that's the only orbital weapon I have.

OOC: Well, it'll likely stay near your territory in peace-times, or above the ocean. Should it happen to get into my territory, you will suddenly find yourself an orbital bombardment platform short. ;)