Effect of Religion on Nation

MrCrow

Now I already know how to find the desired religion that my people want, but I want to know if anyone has found out what the effects are of having the various religions, if any. With government types, there are bonuses depending which form of government (i.e. Democracy = +1 Happiness and +8% Soldiers, whereas a Republic offers +5% Land and -5% Initial Infrastructure cost). What, if any, are the benefits to the various religions?

(I am asking becuase I am thinking I'd eventually like to get a 'great monument' and, if the people will approve of whatever religion I choose, I'd like to know what the effects are of the religion beforehand (or if it'd even be worth it to be able to select the Nation's religion without worrying about making it conform to the will of the people).)

Any help would be appreciated.

Mr.Crow or Manlockland

There is no effect from religion besides the +1 happiness from choosing your population's desired religion.

Correct.

The great monument is there so when you get it you can choose whatever Religion you want. For some people this is a serious thing.