Going to college

riccars

Hey admins and question answering friends,

by the end of this month I'm going to be in a college dorm. My internet will be off my colleges provided internet. I'm willing to bet its rather probable that the IP i get was already used for a CN account.

What would be my best course of actions?

If i provided my new IP when I got it, could I be told what Nation(s) have logged on with it so I know to never interact with them?

i know what you mean but i wanna play it safe.

the odds of getting a 'used' IP are very slim, then interacting with the other guy unknowingly is like winning the lottery. but people do win the lottery.

i just think of it as being overly careful

Neither the Admin or mods will tell you that, it would open up a whole can of worms with the privacy issues. If you think about it, do you really think you could produce an IP and be givin a list of everyone who's used it? I'm pretty sure it would be illegal.

Neither the Admin or mods will tell you that, it would open up a whole can of worms with the privacy issues. If you think about it, do you really think you could produce an IP and be givin a list of everyone who's used it? I'm pretty sure it would be illegal.

not if you're a big corporation :awesome:

seriously though, I'd just PM a mod from the college once you get there. I know my college gives different IPs to different people. I COULD see a potential problem if your college goes out through a singe IP, but I have no idea what problems since I don't have that issue.

You won't get information about IP's. We get this question all the time. Don't interact with anyone at the same college, and whenever possible log in from your home computer (which you know only has 1 account). Its the best option you have. It's not 100% secure, but you have little choice.

Having delt with this issue before;

The course of action to take is the following:

Log onto the forums from the computer(network) you'll be logging in on.

PM a mod asking if this IP is okay to play on.

Get a response.