Sister wants to play

13Pittsburgh13

My family has two computers in this house. I log in on mine MOST of the time. I've logged in on my dad's maybe twice, if that. I know she can't play on our computer, but would she be able to play on my dad's computer? I would think that she could,but we couldn't interact. Is that the case, or she can't play at all?

Thank you for any answers anyone may have.

The basics behind the 'one player per computer' rule is that typically only one computer is going to be able to log onto a single IP address at one time. When we say 'one player per computer', what we truly mean is that there is one player per IP address, thereby invalidating multiple players on single computer systems and multiple computer systems on networks. Think of it as one player per household, one player per school, one player per coffee shop/internet cafe/etc. An inelegant solution to the multiple nations controlled by one player problem, but nonetheless quite effective.

Of course, that risks her being banned if others use it periodically to use CN. I don't have enough money for a crappy old computer (I'm poor. Its sad). My dad has one, and me and my sister share a computer. When she wanted to join, I had to stop her from doing it on this computer.I said I would ask to see if she could do it on my father's computer, but, alas, she cannot. Ah well. I think she's saving up for a labtop though.

The key isn't what computer she uses, but what IP connection she uses to connect to the internet and hence the game. She can use your computer or your Dad's as long as she is using a completely different IP address from the one you are using. Having her own computer isn't going to matter if your household uses the same IP address to connect to the internet, which is frequently the case.

Both of the computers have different IP's. I log into mine all the time, but I've logged into my dad's once or twice. I've seen similar questions, but they are usually completely different scenario's or have different answers. Basically, what I WAS asking is "Even if you have logged onto a computer once or twice, could someone else play, as long as they don't interact?"