Environment?

Hunter Hedges

Well, a number of things can be done to improveone's environment:

* Technology, certain quantities of tech help improve your environment

* Having your government set to Capitalist, Democracy or Republic

* Avoid having your government set to Anarchy, Communist, Dictatorship, Transitional which harm your environment

* Keep your land to infrastructure at 1:2

* Keep your soldier efficiency under 60% of your working citizens

* Buy Border Walls

* The responses to certain of the government positions can either improve or harm your environment depending on the choice made

* Avoid importing Coal, Oil or Uranium which harm the environment for importing them.

What quantities of tech improve your environment? Also, keeping a 1:2 land to infra ratio would involve buying about 450 miles of land, and my population density is 49.51 now. Which I've understood was an okay level. If it will help my citizen count and income I would buy the land, but is it worth the expense of buying that much? My envrionment is at 7.85 now.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=233468

Edited by Ivan The Badass

What quantities of tech improve your environment? Also, keeping a 1:2 land to infra ratio would involve buying about 450 miles of land, and my population density is 49.51 now. Which I've understood was an okay level. If it will help my citizen count and income I would buy the land, but is it worth the expense of buying that much? My envrionment is at 7.85 now.

In order to get 450 miles of land, with your current resources, you'd need to buy 391. It would provide you with 102 more citizens from the land itself, and improving your environment by a point will give you another 130 people, give or take. It will also boost your happiness some, so you can keep that in mind, too.

The easiest thing for you to do to up your environment, though, would be to decom 1000 soldiers or so. You're at 70% soldier efficiency/working citizens ratio. If you get below 60%, it'll improve your environment by 1 point.

In order to get 450 miles of land, with your current resources, you'd need to buy 391. It would provide you with 102 more citizens from the land itself, and improving your environment by a point will give you another 130 people, give or take. It will also boost your happiness some, so you can keep that in mind, too.

The easiest thing for you to do to up your environment, though, would be to decom 1000 soldiers or so. You're at 70% soldier efficiency/working citizens ratio. If you get below 60%, it'll improve your environment by 1 point.

Thanks for the advice on the soldiers, I decomed 1500 and it lowered it by a point and gave me 300 more citizens who make more money. What I ment about the land was to get to %50 land to infra I would have to buy about 450 MORE miles. Would it be worth it?

I don't have numbers for how much land costs through there, so I can't really say, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a better place to spend the money (say, infra). Environment is more important than it used to be, but for the most part, changes to it will come about as a result of other things like factoring in what government to choose, whether to get border walls, or setting up your trades initially. In general, I'd not say buying up the land is worth it unless you're particularly close. If you get in a good, profitable war, you should pass it up, or a donation or two would help significantly, but I wouldn't bother burning the cash that way - there's much more profitable areas to do so.

I have a question about environment. What is the hidden figure next to the environment stars, like the hidden number next to population happiness? Does it represent the amount of population happiness your nation receives based on environment?