Quick Event Question

Recently business has been at an all time high, your economy has been going great and your people are thrilled. Option 1: Allow the economy to ride the boom out. Population happiness +1.

Option 2: Raise interest rates to allow citizens to earn more on investments. Citizen income +$2.00.

No Response. Population happiness -1.

Now, if I remember correctly someone told me that +1 Happiness = +$2.00 wouldn't that make both Options the same or is the $2 added from the happiness added somewhere different than option 2's $2?

so how is +1 happiness affected by environment?

from what i understand, environment affects your happiness. but, the way i see it, an event that boosts happiness is independent of the environment.

Every decrease of one environment decreases your happiness by 1%. Therefore, if 1.00 environment is perfect, we can assume that there is no decrease in happiness. If your environment is 2.00, your happiness is decreased by one percent, so instead of equalling $2.00, it now equals $1.98. Then, this $1.98 is affected by the income multipliers (banks, schools, harbor, etc.).