Error with tech calculation on cruise missile damage?

Azaghul

I'm at war with two nations, and I've noticed the calculations for CM damage seem to be off and producing results that are too high and aren't taking into account. I can post exact numbers for damage done to me from two enemies to show this, and go from memory on my own damage to them.

One enemy CMing me, has 0 satellites 2,040.15 tech (might have been higher for the attack), missile defense I have 5

It seems like the calculation should go (10*(1+.204 [for tech])*(1-(5*.1) [for MDs])= 6.02 infra destroyed. Instead they destroyed 7.08 infra.

Other enemy CMing me: has 5 satellites, 1,993.65 tech, and I have 5 MDs.

Calculation should go: (10*(1+.199365 [for tech])*(1+(5*.1) [for Sats])*(1-(5*.1) [for MDs]) = 9.0 infra destroyed. Instead they destroyed 10.49 infra.

My own CM on one guy, he has no MDs and I have no satellites, I have 2,696.6 tech.

Calculation should go : (10*(1+.26966 [for tech])) = 12.6966. They have been doing about 13.5 damage if I remember correctly. I could just be remembering wrong though.

In any case I played around with it, and it looks like what is happening is extra damage done for having more tech is getting increased by satellites but NOT decreased by defending missile defenses. Doing that for my opponents CMs:

first enemy: ([normal damage] 10*.5)+([extra damage from tech] 10*.204)= 7.04 damage (very close, he probably had higher tech at that time)

second enemy: ([normal damage] 10*1.5*.5)+([extra damage from tech] 10*.199365*1.5)= 10.49 damage.

The equation needs to be changed so that missile defenses also reduce damage taken the opponent having extra tech, rather than just the initial 10 damage.

With just over 3k tech:

Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Alden Peterson. You lost 0 defending tanks 4.84 technology, and 24.19 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

I have 5 Sats, he 0 missile defenses. Should be: 15*1.3, or about 19.5 damage, instead of 24.19

But to be honest, I rather like the fact that CMs do that much damage. Because it means nations getting pounded by others can strike back and do more damage, meaning war/raids are actually more damaging to the aggressor.

With just over 3k tech:

I have 5 Sats, he 0 missile defenses. Should be: 15*1.3, or about 19.5 damage, instead of 24.19

But to be honest, I rather like the fact that CMs do that much damage. Because it means nations getting pounded by others can strike back and do more damage, meaning war/raids are actually more damaging to the aggressor.

Hmm, what seems to be happening, which would account for MDs seeing to make no difference, is that they are, but the tech multiplier is twice as powerful as for other attacks. 15*1.6 is about 24, and it being doubled would account for why I thought MDs weren't doing anything (they cutting it in half is countering it being double what it should be.)

If it's intentional, I support it, as I like tech being more powerful. I'm not sure admin intended it to be like this though.