Are these good resources?

Max Kigame

in my humble opinion, the best possible starting resources are Fish and Uranium

You should shoot for something with both resources in the "ideal" set but among that set any combinationg in the following group will be the best, even in the very late stages of the game:

Fish, Wheat, Uranium, Sugar, Spices, Cattle, Pigs, Water

Ok, how about the combo though?

Lead is bad,

Lumber and Lead will get you scolars when you have a high enough literacy rate

But Microchips, Construction and Scolars arn't the best bonus resource set in the game,

tho construction is a must

Edited by SynthFG

Lead is bad,

Lumber and Lead will get you scolars when you have a high enough literacy rate

But Microchips, Construction and Scolars arn't the best bonus resource set in the game,

tho construction is a must

Ok, cool. Thanks a lot for answering :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

At the people who say there is no such thing as bad resources, lmao really that is so not true. Cybernations has no skill per say, it's all about how much knowledge you have about the game and how willing you are to run alot of formulas. At the OP, i personally would reroll, but then again keep in mind that i am an efficiency nutkase.

-Veritas

Someone told me to delete and remake and that they were bad. What do you think? Should I remake? If not, what trades should I have in a trade circle?

The resources you have do not affect if your nation will be good or bad; they affect who you will trade with. Some nations do not have those resources. Use that to your advantage and bargain for what resources you want.

All resources are individually fine by themselves. Even so-called "bad" ones have their place in the right trade set.

With the changes made recently by admin there is only one liability left. Bad pairs.

It's not so much the resources are bad as the two go towards different build sets.

Example would be furs and rubber. While neither is fantastic each one can be slotted into a decent trade set that will benefit the nation. Problem is that would leave the other as an orphan resource as you could not match into the bigger combo. Even there it wouldn't be so bad as many trade combos have less than 12 required resources to work. The rub comes from the trading market itself. Others are trying to build combo sets too and see the orphan resource as a liability towards gain the set they desire. The player spends far too much time getting and keeping trades.

This is the one case where I might recommend a restart.

In the case of furs and uranium, you do have a case where you will have an orphan. But then uranium is always an orphan and still desirable. If the player builds his trade combo carefully around the furs then a percentage of players will be accepting of the uranium. Furs and uranium may not be the easiest pair to trade with, but it can be made into a solid trade set and others will give him trades if he looks hard enough.

Mildly challenging? Yes. Restart material? Only if the player is lazy by nature.

Just made it up on the spot and now I like it.

Since Admin thrashed the resources again I'll have to rework my alliance resource guides. I might as well do some extra work there on "orphan resource situations" while I'm at it.

Uranium always got a bad rap. When Admin tinkered with it last fall, along with Pigs, it became a great resource that slotted in nicely into leftover build slots. I run an industrial trade set on my nation with uranium on the side. I might not make big cash like other nations my size, but my expenses are darn cheap with all that maintenance reduction.

For a new nation that "civilian use" setting is a slam dunk for native uranium holders. Getting some early banks multiplying that high base income and income isn't an issue for the fledgling nation. It should grow like a weed.