whats wrong with my border walls?

yogiebere

ok guys i am rougly 7.25k infra and growing

this is my nation: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=112160

i have 5.83 enviornment

i get 5 border walls and i suddenly make around 600k less money

whats wrong?? arent i supposed to make more money with them?

first you have wonders that boost citizens so you are taking a big hit each border wall as you have a lot of citizens. Next after 3rd border wall they usually start hurting more than helping. Don't buy all 5 but 1 or 2 or maybe 3. Find which is helpful it varies according to what your nation has for improvements and wonders and resources. 1 is all that helps me.

No you already bought the citizen boosting wonders which makes border walls less effective. The more of them you have the less effective border walls are. It is because the - 2% is bigger hit if you boosted your citizens up with lots of resources and wonders that increase citizens. Therefore more wonders you buy the less useful a border wall is. Also more infra you have the less useful a border wall is.

Well, from looking at your nation, it doesn't look like you have. I have the same resource build and I'm larger than you with more wonders and I still benefit from 3 border walls. It's not by much anymore, all 3 raise my income by about $80,000 a day. When I first got them, they made a lot more.

Your best approach would be to wait until the next game update, destroy all your border walls. Click Collect Taxes to see how much tax you would collect, don't collect taxes, then buy one border wall. Click collect taxes again to see how much your collectible taxes go up, but still don't collect. Buy a second border border wall. Continue checking your taxes and buying border walls until you reach a point where your taxes start to fall. Once they start to fall you'll know how many walls you can have before it starts to hurt you. Once your taxes start to fall simply destroy the border wall that hurts and collect taxes.

Then every so often (I usually do it once a month) repeat this process. As the more infra and wonders you buy can affect the number of Border walls you need to maximize your Nation's income.

Gentle Persons

Much depends upon your resources and the global radiation level effects it as well(for the environment bonus). I for example am at my best with 5 border walls. Seti has the right idea. There is no set best level for everyone. Start at 0 and build one at a time until the tax level decreases and then delete the last one. The cost will be made up by better efficiency.

Respectfully

Page Hime Themis

Gentle Persons

Much depends upon your resources and the global radiation level effects it as well(for the environment bonus). I for example am at my best with 5 border walls. Seti has the right idea. There is no set best level for everyone. Start at 0 and build one at a time until the tax level decreases and then delete the last one. The cost will be made up by better efficiency.

Respectfully

Page Hime Themis

It doesn't help with GR any more so you may want to double check your nation.

Fastest way to know if they might help is to look at the GRL and add one to it.

Then look at your environment number. If it's more that 1 point over that GRL+1 then it will work for you.

When it's less than a point difference then just test one out to see if you earn more net money off of it.