What should I do now?

Sunny Morning

I created my nation, did 4 trade requests, and bought 1 Infostructure. What do I do now?

I don't understand the following:

Always buy infrastructure, technology and land in bulk (10/10/20 levels respectively), this now a written rule, you’ll spend more money if you buy uneven amounts, as the price increases as you buy more of them. Keep your soldiers at 20-30% of your total citizens during peace time, there’s no need to pay extra upkeep because of them. If you purchase too many your population will riot!

Current Dollars Available: $230.20 (Surplus)

Basically buy in as large a unit as possible. For you that will be less than 10 which for infrastructure is the max sized unit. You receive a discount buying in bulk since the per per unit is the same for all the units purchased at one time verses buying one unit at a time where the price increases everytime you buy. It's like buying one can of soda over buying a six pack. The six pack costs more than one soda, but the cost per soda is lower for each of the sodas in the six pack over buying them one at a time.

The second part is you need to watch your soldier to citizen ratio. You want to have that ratio be around 1 soldier for every 4 citizens. If it drops below 1 soldier for every five citizens, your population may riot putting you into anarchy, a condition that will greatly reduce your income and hence something to avoid by making sure you have enough soldiers. As you buy infrastructure it will add citizens (7-10 per point depending on resources and improvements). So it can be easy to buy more infrastructure than you have soldiers to maintain that minimum 1 to 5 ratio.

Basically buy in as large a unit as possible. For you that will be less than 10 which for infrastructure is the max sized unit. You receive a discount buying in bulk since the per per unit is the same for all the units purchased at one time verses buying one unit at a time where the price increases everytime you buy. It's like buying one can of soda over buying a six pack. The six pack costs more than one soda, but the cost per soda is lower for each of the sodas in the six pack over buying them one at a time.

The second part is you need to watch your soldier to citizen ratio. You want to have that ratio be around 1 soldier for every 4 citizens. If it drops below 1 soldier for every five citizens, your population may riot putting you into anarchy, a condition that will greatly reduce your income and hence something to avoid by making sure you have enough soldiers. As you buy infrastructure it will add citizens (7-10 per point depending on resources and improvements). So it can be easy to buy more infrastructure than you have soldiers to maintain that minimum 1 to 5 ratio.

Ok I figured 14 soldiors = 70 people since I have 74 people