New Feature?

Kenadian

I just noticed it. I'm glad things are being put in. I got this from the guide.

Threat Level - The threat level indicator allows nations to prepare for possible terrorist spy attacks. The more elevated the threat level indicator the more prepared the nation's counter intelligence systems will be to thwart enemy spy attacks. Adjusting your nation's threat level has the following effect on your nation's population happiness:

Low (-0.0 population happiness, 75% counter intelligence readiness)

Guarded (-0.5 population happiness, 90% counter intelligence readiness)

Elevated (-1.0 population happiness, 100% counter intelligence readiness)

High - (-1.5 population happiness, 110% counter intelligence readiness)

Severe - (-2.0 population happiness, 125% counter intelligence readiness)

Edited by rozalia

I also noticed:

Alliance Date - The alliance date represents the date that the nation joined a particular alliance. This is a new field added on 9/10/2007. The default date used for the alliance membership date is the nation's creation date. (Do not report a bug if your alliance date is inaccurate because of the default date) From now on whenever a player edits their nation and chooses a different alliance in the alliance affiliation field this date will update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spies - Spies will be a new feature coming to the game within the next few weeks. Spies will have a number of operations that they can conduct against other nations ranging from targeting enemy DEFCON levels, destroying infrastructure and technology levels, targeting weapons of mass destruction and more. Nations can conduct only one spy operation per day and nations can be attacked in only one spy operation per day. Peace mode does not affect spy operations.

Attacking spies chances of success are determined by (number of spies) + (technology level / 20)

The defending nation's counter intelligence systems are determined by (number of spies) + (technology level / 20) + (land purchased / 70). Threat level modifiers are also taken into account for the defender.

Further details will be provided when the feature is closer to release.

What are spy attacks going to be?

Change Desired Government = $150,000 (Randomly chosen)

Change Desired Religion = $150,000 (Randomly chosen)

Change DEFCON Level = $150,000 (Changes to level 5 or 4)

Destroy Defending Tanks = $200,000 (Max 50)

Destroy Cruise Missiles = $200,000 (Max 5)

Destroy Nuclear Weapons = $200,000 (Max 1)

Assinate Enemy Spies = $250,000 (Max 20)

Destroy Money Reserves = $300,000 (Max 1 Million)

Destroy Infrastructure = $350,000 (Max 10)

Destroy Technology = $350,000 (Max 5)

Steal Technology = $500,000 (Max 3)

Change Desired Government = $150,000 (Randomly chosen)

Change Desired Religion = $150,000 (Randomly chosen)

Change DEFCON Level = $150,000 (Changes to level 5 or 4)

Destroy Defending Tanks = $200,000 (Max 50)

Destroy Cruise Missiles = $200,000 (Max 5)

Destroy Nuclear Weapons = $200,000 (Max 1)

Assinate Enemy Spies = $250,000 (Max 20)

Destroy Money Reserves = $300,000 (Max 1 Million)

Destroy Infrastructure = $350,000 (Max 10)

Destroy Technology = $350,000 (Max 5)

Steal Technology = $500,000 (Max 3)

The Infra one, tanks, cruise missles, and destroy technology don't seem worth the price. The only one that seems worth it (other than changing defcon, gov't or religion, oh and nukes) is the steal technology one. And that may only be viable for older nations.

I wonder if the full release will be postponed until after the war.

It's a bit unfair to change the war system now...

He dlayed it before because of the FAN war, he ain't going to delay it for this one. What so after a month of this war ending for another one starting. Thats not cool <_<.

this seems great but it can be unfair if ur a nation just getting a tech deal and lose it from a spy attack

when the spy thing comes out i would put threat to max and defcon to low but if i was attacked then i would go to defcon 3 if i lose to much happy points i lose income which ain't good if i am trying to rebuild infra and military if attacked