Centurius

Weapon systems shall be withdrawn, one last time, as a token of good faith.  We will withdraw them to 100 miles from the border and order them to stand down.

Soldiers will remain in Subcarpathia and at the Hungarian border, but will be ordered not to cross into or fire into Alvonia, unless fired at by Alvonia first.

*The Prime Minister places the phone call to his Chief of Staff and to his Minister of Defense.*

Done.

After watching the drama for some time, the Belarusian ambassador began to speak.

"Here is our offer to Alvonia. We will widthraw from the Warsaw region, and hand it over to Alvonia on the condition that the Warsaw region remain demilitarized, save for a small police force to keep the peace, and that Alvonia agree to recognize Belarusian protector ship over the remaining occupied regions, as well as Hungarian ownership of Subcarpathia. We are also willing to agree to a ban on nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons within Poland, as well as a ban on all missiles with a range that is over 200km. Would this be acceptable?"

Edited by Mr Director

"First off, thank you for withdrawing the weapons. You have Alvonia's thanks in that regard."

"Secondly, I wish to ask if the Belarusian translator is having trouble understanding Austrian German? I thought I had made it clear that Subcarpathia becoming part of Hungary-Slovakia is off the table. We will not sign any agreement that further splinters Poland as a state by wantonly handing away land to nations that have no historic ties to it. All other Belarus suggestions are acceptable."

"First off, thank you for withdrawing the weapons. You have Alvonia's thanks in that regard."

"Secondly, I wish to ask if the Belarusian translator is having trouble understanding Austrian German? I thought I had made it clear that Subcarpathia becoming part of Hungary-Slovakia is off the table. We will not sign any agreement that further splinters Poland as a state by wantonly handing away land to nations that have no historic ties to it. All other Belarus suggestions are acceptable."

"I wish to ask if the Alvonian ambassador played hooky during history class. Belarus has numerous historical ties with Poland, and at many times was even a part of the same country as Poland. To say that we do not have any ties with Poland would be to say that Austria has never had any ties with Germany.

And we believe that you had made it clear that you would not accept giving Hungary-Slovakia Subcarpathia, and now I shall make it clear that any agreement that causes Hungary to lose its territory is off the table, unless Hungary wishes to sign such an agreement. I must admit that I am quite disappointing with Alvonia's inability differentiate between a compromise and a surrender."

Edited by Mr Director

We do not see why you object to our alliance having 10 or 15 percent of Subcarpathia.   Especially since we not only offered repayment, but offered to let you keep some military personnel in our section of Subcarpathia?

Why does Alvonia insist on hindering alliance operations, even after we offered a gesture of good faith and withdrew our weapons?

I will reiterate one time and one time only.  Sending back my missiles was a one-time and one-time only act of good faith in Alvonia to offer a reasonable compromise.

Please do not make me regret it and regret offering to compromise.

Edited by Euphaia

"First off, I do not appreciate threats against my nation. Make one of those again and I will walk out without a second thought. Now, as to what you propose, Alvonia will give exactly enough land to build a road or railroad to Belarus. You can defend that road with as much or as few troops as you like. To compensate for this, I ask that Belarus and Hungary-Slovakia cannot place any missiles with a range greater than 100 km within 80 km of the Alvonian border in both Hungary-Slovakia and the Polish protectorate and again, any major troop transports that pass through this road must be made known to the Wehrmacht in advance. We do not care about exact numbers, all we need to know is if you plan to move anything of importance through. Lastly, Belarus and Hungary-Slovakia must agree to sign a document that states they understand and respect Poland's solidarity, of which it cannot be infringed upon again by either of your states. In return for all this, Alvonia will agree to leave only one division of infantry in Poland and to make Warsaw a demilitarized zone with only local police and unarmed helicopters providing security."

"Is this agreeable to either of you?"

What is agreeable to us is exactly the offers we've given and you've refused.  

We have come here to attempt to save Alvonia from aggression.

Go ahead then, walk out.  If you do so, any aggression towards Alvonia will be on your hands and yours alone.

*folds  arms and looks the Alvonian Minister square in his eyes, and waits.*

Edited by Euphaia

"First off, I do not appreciate threats against my nation. Make one of those again and I will walk out without a second thought. Now, as to what you propose, Alvonia will give exactly enough land to build a road or railroad to Belarus. You can defend that road with as much or as few troops as you like. To compensate for this, I ask that Belarus and Hungary-Slovakia cannot place any missiles with a range greater than 100 km within 80 km of the Alvonian border in both Hungary-Slovakia and the Polish protectorate and again, any major troop transports that pass through this road must be made known to the Wehrmacht in advance. We do not care about exact numbers, all we need to know is if you plan to move anything of importance through. Lastly, Belarus and Hungary-Slovakia must agree to sign a document that states they understand and respect Poland's solidarity, of which it cannot be infringed upon again by either of your states. In return for all this, Alvonia will agree to leave only one division of infantry in Poland and to make Warsaw a demilitarized zone with only local police and unarmed helicopters providing security."

"Is this agreeable to either of you?"

"I think you misunderstand me. We are willing to give up the Masovian region(Warsaw), and only the Masovian region. THe Podlaskie and Lublin Regions stay with Belarus, and Subcarpathia remains with Hungary, unless Hungary says otherwise."

After much discussion with my colleague back in Hungary-Slovakia, we have come up with one final compromise:

For four months, Subcarpathia will be administered by Hungary-Slovakia, and we will allow up to 200 Alvonian soldiers to be stationed in Subcarpathia, as long as Alvonia agrees to sign an agreement not to use those stationed soldiers in Subcarpathia against Hungary-Slovakia, Belarus, Ukraine, or Romania during those four months.  Also, those 200 soldiers, while stationed in Subcarpathia, will have to be subject to Hungary-Slovakian law, though we would be willing to exempt those 200 Alvonian soldiers from any taxes while in Subcarpathia.

After four months, Hungary-Slovakia would be willing to sign an agreement that would allow Subcarpathia to hold a referendum on whether it wants to remain part of Hungary-Slovakia, or become a self-autonomous or Special Administrative region in Poland, much like Iraqi Kurdistan or Hong Kong.  

Subcarpathia would still be a part of Poland, but would be a self-autonomous or Special Administrative Region or Territory.

Such an agreement will have to allow Hungary-Slovakia, Belarus, and Ukraine free and unhindered usage for trade, military usage, alliance operation, and travel; it must exempt Hungary-Slovakia, Belarus, and Ukraine from all taxes in Subcarpathia, and it must allow Hungary-Slovakia, Belarus, and Ukraine to each station military personnel in Subcarpathia, and it should allow for up to three military bases and three airfields to be built in Subcarpathia- one for each Hungary-Slovakia, Belarus, and Ukraine- should any ever be deemed worthwhile to be built in Subcarpathia.

Hungary-Slovakia would be very willing to offer such a self-autonomous or Special Administrative Subcarpathia region a Non-Aggression Pact, as well as any administrative, economic, military, and political assistance that it should need or request, within reason.

I hope that this compromise is acceptable to both Alvonia and to our esteemed ally, Belarus.

Edited by Euphaia

"Very well, the minutes of this meeting will be stored and a more formal document will be written to certify the compromises made here. I thank you all for your willingness to meet here and look forward to lasting peace"