Announcement & Discussion

Uberstein

Option #1: Keep things the way they are now, according to Uberstein's post in the OP.

Option #2: Keep things the way they are now, but don't require new threads to be made to cut down on the spam (Zoot's proposal).

Option #3: Hereno's proposal, with the following four modifications to how things are now:

1. Remove the need for a new thread, but require all posts to be linked in chronological order when posting new territories on the map thread. This is to allow us to not clutter the IC forum with every attempted land grab of every state, but ensures that Mogar won't be hunting through a 20 page thread for posts about a country he doesn't know very well. Either the posts are linked and in order for easy verification, or the Map Gods will forever ignore your prayers.

2. Allow posts to count for multiple claims, assuming that there is adequate RP for each area being included in each post. Four paragraphs spread out over 2 posts is not quantitatively or qualitatively different than having just stuck them all in one post. It also makes keeping track of things easier since you can just write it all out in one place. And because conquered areas tend to be near each other, it makes strategic sense to stick things together anyway.

3. Lower the requirements slightly from 7 posts in 14 days, to 5 posts in 10 days (per state/country). This allows for things to move a bit faster without de-clawing the system.

4. Allow no more than one post per day to count towards the total. What this prevents is me quickly writing up 5 posts in two hours detailing a total annexation, and then just waiting 10 days to annex everything, which defeats the point of the time period. This isn't meant as a strictly one-every-24-hours thing, but if you're posting like once every 10 hours about it you should probably have more than five posts total about it anyway all things considered.

Option #4: PresidentDavid's proposal, removing most of the new rule but tying land to in-game land and keeping the 2 weeks to be put on the map, is as follows:

I understand there is a problem at hand, but this is a little overcomplicated. I have never really horded land because usually when I roll somewhere I have what I want.

But here is what I remember it being before and I think is still a good way of doing things (this is just a reminder for those of you who don't remember. It was more of a suggestion, but I think now it should be made official).

1. I can claim/acquire any land I want provided that I do a semi-detailed RP of what I am claiming and why and I need to send troops or someone there to physically claim it.
2. My IC claim is what makes my claim official, not a post in the map thread.
3. For two weeks after my claim, anyone can start a new nation in the territory that I have claimed and start some type of civil war or negotiations there for them to be independent or whatever.
4. After two weeks, the land and people are 100% mine. 
5. My claims may NOT exceed my IG land stats.