Nuke didn't kill enough defending tanks/soldiers

berbers

To: caesar augustus    From: Berbers    Date: 12/7/2013 5:01:46 AM

Subject: Nuclear Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Berbers. You lost 1620 soldiers, 1 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 0.299 miles of land, 87.058 technology, 261.174 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

When I launched this nuke, he had 16,620 defending soldiers and 2002 defending tanks, no idea how this happened.  Post nuke he had 2001 defending tanks and 15,000 defending soldiers even.  I never even launched a GA today so I definately did not return his deployed troops.

I wasn't going to GA anyways since I'm a huge turtle, so it has no impact on our war and as such I would not need anything retroactively fixed, I am just curious if this was a bug as a few people have never seen this.

Thanks.

He doesn't have a Fallout Shelter and you don't run GA's so is it possible he had 15000 troops deployed?

I'm not sure a nuke automatically returns troops home and you don't need to run GA's to return troops home, you just need to enter the screen to where you can initiate a GA and you will return troops home.

Were you coordinating your attacks with the TIO nation when you nuked him?

I considered that, but his screen clearly showed 16,620 defending troops prior to the nuke being fired.  I didn't even go to the ground assault screen, so no chance I returned his forces.  Also no sent message to him saying forces returned home.

I am really confused here, I know most likely there is something I am missing but I can't figure it out :/

I considered that, but his screen clearly showed 16,620 defending troops prior to the nuke being fired.  I didn't even go to the ground assault screen, so no chance I returned his forces.  Also no sent message to him saying forces returned home.

I am really confused here, I know most likely there is something I am missing but I can't figure it out :/

Viewing the nation screen of another nation only shows total soldiers, the nuke killed 1620 soldiers which were defending leaving the 15000 deployed unharmed. So if you didn't even go to the ground assault screen first you would of had no idea what his defending and deployed numbers were.