South American Video Conference #2

Captain Enema

Carlos Del Fina, Administrator to the Amazon Republic, sat at his laptop and opened a secured channel to each of the head's of state in South America. This includes Uruguay, Paraguay, the Imperio Republic, and Argentina. As an afterthought, Tikal is invited as well given they are a large regionally based power that shares a common history with South America.

"Gentlemen, I come to you in the spirit of trying to create a better sense of understanding, communication, and perhaps in the spirit of reconciliation given comments so recently made by all involved, not limited but certainly including the comments by my own government."

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

Princess Shana'Kin Yaxchel Ik'nal attended the conference for Tikal.

"I would like to note that Tikal has, at the time, no opinion regarding what may have been said in the past. We are only slowly shedding our isolationist policies. On that note, I would like to thank Administrator Del Fina for inviting Tikal to this summit. I will most likely merely watch for the time being if my fellow representatives do not mind. Thank you."

With that, she leaned back in her throne, waiting for others to speak up.

As President Jose Gomez was watching the evening news, his Chief of Staff came into the room and told him that a SAO video conference was occuring down in the Situation Room. With a suprised look on his face, he quickly got up and rushed to the Sit. Room and sat in his Presidential chair waiting for the screen to turn on.

Once the screen flickered on, President Gomez addressed his fellow South American heads of state;

"Hello all! What a couple weeks its been! I would like to thank Carlos Del Fina for having this conference in order to have better lines of communication between our various governments. I would like to first go to the topic of Bolivia. The Bolivian governement handed over the territory to Paraguay in order to create stablization and to dismantle all nuclear weapons. The Chamber of Freedom formally adopted the territory into Paraguay as 4 additional states, per the Artlices of Incorportation. The PEOPLE of Bolivia FREELY elected their state's governors. These elected officials represent the will of the local people and should not be undermined. We have invited Tianxian and Athenian authorities into the country to dismantle the nuclear weapons, however none have been dispatched.

The people of Paraguay want nohing more than stabalization and peace. However this cannot occur if it under threat of foreign invasion and in possession of such dangerous weapons. I urge all of you to take what I have said into consideration and help formulate th correct response.

The government of Paraguay is very open to South American authorities to come in and dismantle the weapons, as well as inspectors/observers to oversee the stabalization process. We also support a possible SA temporary peacekeeping force to assist Paraguayan forces keep law and order.

I am open now to hear what you all have to say."

After giving such a long speech, President Gomez sat back in his chair waiting for a response.

"I really don't think any of us or yourselves specifically are in a position to request anything regarding Bolivia at this current point in time. It is a matter than can be revisited in the future, but for now I think you'll just need to accept that the Tianxians are there to stay for as long as they see fit. It is my suspicion that attempting to rattle sabers will only prolong their stay and the opposite could be said with an increased show of cooperation between South American nations. Once they've left the matter of Bolivian independence or amalgamation into Paraguay certainly should and must be discussed, but not until."

"I believe we all understand that Bolivia's government ceded itself to Paraguay, however as Del Fina said the fate of Bolivia is really not up to you or even us.

Administrator Del Fina, you've recently withdrawn your nation from the South American Organization citing concerns over our ability to govern the protectorates as well as the changing nature of the organization itself. I believe our actions were warranted in the way we've handled the Bolivian crisis. Nothing has changed in terms of the way protectorates are handled. We may be a bit short handed now as your nation and Amazonia were large contributors to SAO resources, but I think we've managed well without you or them. As for the changing nature, the organization has always been part protectorate and part policing. We had been too easy on Bolivia when it clearly showed signs of what it became. The Tianxian intervention was merely a wakeup call for us that we had let it get to that point. Would you care to elaborate on your position?"

Chancellor Delgado relaxed in his chair while waiting for a response.

Edited by Lord Zephyr

[OOC- not sure if you mean me or TBM...]

"Gentlemen, let me make clear that I do not and never did support the Bolivia Nuclear program. That is why my country never intervened militarily against Tianxia when it striked Bolivia. That does not mean I didn't mass troops on the border, however they were only used as a precautionary tool. I understand that the Bolivian territory is in a strange position, and so my government will wait to see what happens.

I do have questions, if he SAO is falling apart, what will happen to its protectorates? It's overall security?"

Edited by lkfht

"I believe we all understand that Bolivia's government ceded itself to Paraguay, however as Del Fina said the fate of Bolivia is really not up to you or even us.

Administrator Del Fina, you've recently withdrawn your nation from the South American Organization citing concerns over our ability to govern the protectorates as well as the changing nature of the organization itself. I believe our actions were warranted in the way we've handled the Bolivian crisis. Nothing has changed in terms of the way protectorates are handled. We may be a bit short handed now as your nation and Amazonia were large contributors to SAO resources, but I think we've managed well without you or them. As for the changing nature, the organization has always been part protectorate and part policing. We had been too easy on Bolivia when it clearly showed signs of what it became. The Tianxian intervention was merely a wakeup call for us that we had let it get to that point. Would you care to elaborate on your position?"

Chancellor Delgado relaxed in his chair while waiting for a response.

"This is neither here nor there. The facts of the matter are very simple. The government Amazon Republic no longer recognizes the South American Organization because the population of the Amazon Republic has voted to join with your nation, hence the government of the Amazon Republic ceases to exist. The question to be answered here really is do you accept?"

ooc- say yes, I'm rerolling, and you all really need to have this discussion and figure out how things are going to go with the SAO or be burnt alive. To rehash, AR joins with Zephyr.

peace out girls.

"That's... Quite a turn of events. Of course we'll accept this if that's what the people want.

As for Paraguay's concerns. If the SAO is to be dissolved the Republica is capable of taking over the protectorate duties as we have shown already. The question is are the nations of South America willing to keep the Organization going? Its obvious that something has to change as the previous system has failed. What to change though?"

"I'm afraid that at the time, Tikal would be unwilling to join a regional bloc.

Something that seems evident to me, however, is the slow reaction time that the SAO showed when Bolivia's government went off the rails. I believe that if at the very least sanctions had been imposed, if not completely blockading Bolivia from trading, it might have helped. Furthermore, it may be that the treatment Bolivia got when it practically invaded Peru was too lenient, emboldening them further. A strong, guiding hand might have kept things from escalating."

As President Gomez starts to doze off, he quickly jerks up when the premire of Tikal suddenly speaks.

In response he says,

"I agree. It seems the SAO no longer serves a military/strategic role in international affairs. This has now been handed over to the United Nations Security Council. I myself am pesimistic about it, however I am willing to work with it in order to achieve international peace and security."

As President Gomez leans back in his chair he awaits what others may say, but hoping this conference would end soon so that he may go to bed...

"I'm afraid that at the time, Tikal would be unwilling to join a regional bloc.

Something that seems evident to me, however, is the slow reaction time that the SAO showed when Bolivia's government went off the rails. I believe that if at the very least sanctions had been imposed, if not completely blockading Bolivia from trading, it might have helped. Furthermore, it may be that the treatment Bolivia got when it practically invaded Peru was too lenient, emboldening them further. A strong, guiding hand might have kept things from escalating."

We completely agree. We let Bolivia invade Peru because other more prominent nations such as the Republica and Argentina have sent forces into the protectorates to deal with extremists that threaten the security of the continent. We should have observed them closer and its something I deeply regret. Which is why we've been taking such an active stance recently. I believe that South America needs a strong leadership to lead it into this new age. A few alterations to the treaty are in order.

The SAO should elect a member to the Security Council. We've currently supported Argentina, but with its recent seeming inactivity we're considering withdrawing our support for them. I'll await their response before I decide on that.

I believe we should add a few functions to better be able to police our nations. Such as the ability to impose sanctions on offending nations, as well as work with UNSC forces to expel those who go to far.

And lastly, the Republica should be nominated the head of the organization. The Bolivian crisis is almost over, and our time as Interim head is coming to a close. I think we can all agree that the Republica should assume the position, as no other nation in SA has the capacity that we have to do it except perhaps Argentina should they wish to oppose us.