Whats a better trade?

Finglofin

From what I remember, there's also a part of the nation views that if you have uranium and you change it to that, it boosts the income even further.

Also, it depends on how big your nation is. Once you get to the point where you can (and should) have nukes, uranium is a necessity for the rest of time. Not having it raises nuke costs by a huge amount.

Gems gives $6.5 boost to income

Uranium gives $4.5 if you have 30 tech, you lose 1 happiness for trading this resource so the income is down to $2.5, and your environment takes a hit. 3% infra reduction doesn't make up for that.

Uranium gives you +$5.5 income assuming you have border walls and the right goverment setting.

I've been comparing the those trades the last couple days and i've actualy found sugar to be better for my nation than uranium or gems. I think gems might be better when you collect less than 100.00 from each citizen though. And the difference between uranium and sugar was literally 1,000 dollars per day, which is rather insignificant when you make nearly 17m x0. However, I do not have nukes so idk about what the difference is if you intend to get them. Anyways when in doubt plug the math.

-Veritas

I've been comparing the those trades the last couple days and i've actualy found sugar to be better for my nation than uranium or gems. I think gems might be better when you collect less than 100.00 from each citizen though. And the difference between uranium and sugar was literally 1,000 dollars per day, which is rather insignificant when you make nearly 17m x0. However, I do not have nukes so idk about what the difference is if you intend to get them. Anyways when in doubt plug the math.

-Veritas

If you had the beer, construction, fast food set then you would already have sugar anyways. However, with the industrial set (I assume you have that one) it's different.