Why the Doom and Gloom?

Alex987

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346445252' post='3026939']
And by the ever declining numbers and the loss of 30,000 players would'nt have already sparked that? Nah, because like I said, he's not stupid. Well I'm seriously doubting he's making anywhere near the amount he's making now, so yea, I'd say there is a healthy chance they weren't all free loaders.

I'm saying a massive portion of the 12k people left would not pay. Why would they pay for something that doesn't get updated and is really not that great in terms of playability. And I'm sure they wouldn't pay just to have the company of the swell people here.[/quote]

because a majority of them could of been freeloaders? Or are you saying all those that left were people who paid and all that remain are mainly freeloaders? I don't need those questions answering because we are both just assuming with zero knowledge.

Good business equals stupid in your head :mellow:

Well its obvious a large portion of the 12k are paying something to this un-updated game otherwise we wouldn't be here by your logic.

Edited by the rebel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1345932988' post='3025253']
Yes the politics will carry on, [i]obviously [/i] while the game runs. Until Admin pulls the plug because effort v return is not what he would like. The politics has been the same since the game began and will be the same until the game gets taken down. Treaty whore, gather friends, isolate enemies, attack under !@#$ CB or no CB, rinse wash repeat many times over. There is nothing revolutionary about that.

I still don't see that being the saviour of the game. It hasn't been successful so far. The numbers keep dropping and will continue to do so.
[/quote]

When are you going to leave?

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1346445903' post='3026940']
because a majority of them could of been freeloaders? [b]Or are you saying all those that left were people who paid and all that remain are mainly freeloaders?[/b] I don't need those questions answering because we are both just assuming with zero knowledge.

Good business equals stupid in your head :mellow:

Well its obvious a large portion of the 12k are paying something to this un-updated game otherwise we wouldn't be here by your logic.
[/quote]

Right, I know you're not that dense, Did I say that the remaining people are all free loaders? What I did say is his donations intake would be down on what he took when he had pool of 40k people.

Well it's obvious he earned more when he had 40k people.

What I said was driving his remaining player base away with imposing mandatory costs is stupid. How is that line of thought stupid?

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1346472668' post='3027019']
When are you going to leave?
[/quote]

When are you?

I love it when you have loads to add to the subject other than petty little childish jabs, with zero content to the topic. Keep on showing your love for me you goonbah, it's quite heart warming.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346489455' post='3027105']

When are you?

I love it when you have loads to add to the subject other than petty little childish jabs, with zero content to the topic. Keep on showing your love for me you goonbah, it's quite heart warming you wretched little toad.
[/quote]

So much anger, son. You should really get that looked at.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1346489810' post='3027107']
So much anger, son. You should really get that looked at.
[/quote]

Another quality post from the village person. How about you contribute to the thread, or you could keep making it the Hiro show? I'm flattered you like me so much, but you know, lets keep it on topic.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346489455' post='3027105']
Well it's obvious he earned more when he had 40k people.

What I said was driving his remaining player base away with imposing mandatory costs is stupid. How is that line of thought stupid?[/quote]

You would presume he earned more with 40k people, but you still don't realise that it could of only been a minority of regular donors in that number as people who do donate to games tend to stay longer and not just leave on a whim like people who tend not to donate.

I know what you said, you also said that when it gets to a point he would just pull the plug without trying anything and that line of thought is what I think is stupid.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1346499126' post='3027124']
You would presume he earned more with 40k people, but you still don't realise that it could of only been a minority of regular donors in that number as people who do donate to games tend to stay longer and not just leave on a whim like people who tend not to donate.

I know what you said, you also said that when it gets to a point he would just pull the plug without trying anything and that line of thought is what I think is stupid.
[/quote]

I don't think it is stupid. He probably would have tried something like that when he first noticed the declining pattern. He didn't because he probably knows it would be the death of the game.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346502757' post='3027131']
I don't think it is stupid. He probably would have tried something like that when he first noticed the declining pattern. He didn't because he probably knows it would be the death of the game.[/quote]

If the game got to a point where he thinks it is dying (not enough profit) not me/you or any other player, then he probably would try something to bring in money.

All I see on here from time to time is people like you stood on the street corner with a placard saying "the end is nigh"

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1346505343' post='3027137']
If the game got to a point where he thinks it is dying (not enough profit) not me/you or any other player, then he probably would try something to bring in money.

All I see on here from time to time is people like you stood on the street corner with a placard saying "the end is nigh"
[/quote]

He did try something, introducing more bang for your buck with donations. And again I don't go out my way to make topics about it, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find me discussing this type of thing on here prior to this.

I'm a realist, I'm sorry. When I see statistics that have consistently shown to be declining over a 4-5 year period, then I kind of take it for what it is.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346509282' post='3027162']
He did try something, introducing more bang for your buck with donations. And again I don't go out my way to make topics about it, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find me discussing this type of thing on here prior to this.

I'm a realist, I'm sorry. When I see statistics that have consistently shown to be declining over a 4-5 year period, then I kind of take it for what it is.[/quote]

Maybe like someone else said prior, that it was due for an update in value this late into the game. Sure you may not be making topics but you're the only one defiant in this topic with a pulling the plug and nothing attitude.

Just over 700 people playing this round of TE which is a hell of a lot less than what it used to be, how come its still there? If that can survive on so little then presumably this one will.

Anyways our discussion has had its mileage and turning into a broken record, peace friend.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1346510604' post='3027165']
Maybe like someone else said prior, that it was due for an update in value this late into the game. Sure you may not be making topics but you're the only one defiant in this topic with a pulling the plug and nothing attitude.

Just over 700 people playing this round of TE which is a hell of a lot less than what it used to be, how come its still there? If that can survive on so little then presumably this one will.

Anyways our discussion has had its mileage and turning into a broken record, peace friend.
[/quote]

TE got pulled because of it's terrible numbers, and I see it being pulled again soon. The numbers drop and it becomes not viable or worth his effort. The only reason it was kept was of the crying involved in the thread by the handful of core players that still play. Again that wont work forever.

No someone said it was maybe updated to give players a chance to catch up. Now why would he do that when he could implement other ways via in game changes to make that happen. They changes wouldn't have made him more money though ;)

Pleasure chatting Rebel.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346494227' post='3027114']
Another quality post from the village person. How about you contribute to the thread, or you could keep making it the Hiro show? I'm flattered you like me so much, but you know, lets keep it on topic.
[/quote]

Every other post is yours, darling. It's not that I like you, it's that I like watching you defame yourself.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1346531413' post='3027224']
Every other post is yours, darling. It's not that I like you, it's that I like watching you defame yourself.
[/quote]

Yet another valuable post with lots of brilliant insight into the discussion. Are you that sad you have to just come here to post directed at me? Do you have anything of actual value to add? I think you have absolutely $%&@ all value to add anywhere.

You do like me though, you came into here made zero comments to anyone else but myself, admit it! I'm modern I don't feel threatened by others males attractions to me.

Now you have that out your system, DO YOU AVE ANYTHING TO ADD TO THE DISCUSSION, FOR THE SECOND TIME?

Generally when someone responds to you and your discussing things with you, you tend to respond back like a polite adult does, I know this concept is hard to grasp. discussions are a two way thing.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1345932988' post='3025253']Yes the politics will carry on, [i]obviously [/i] while the game runs. Until Admin pulls the plug [b]because effort v return is not what he would like[/b].[/quote]

All effort was apparently put in long ago. Unless this guy is actively making game updates without telling anyone, there is literally no effort involved. Update your address for ICANN once a year? Make sure the domain stays registered - $20 per year max. (Register for 10 years and that effort goes out the window, too.) The game itself is fully automated. I'm sure backups are automated, too. How much do you think hosting costs? It's an html game; bandwidth is negligible. You're looking at $150 or less per month for renting a dedicated server. He could probably get by with hosting for as cheap as $20/month. The number of donators would have to reach a critical low in order for this game to not make money. And for the amount of effort required (read as: none), there's no reason to pull the plug as long as it's making any money at all.

[quote name='Gakumerasara' timestamp='1346533082' post='3027228']
All effort was apparently put in long ago. Unless this guy is actively making game updates without telling anyone, there is literally no effort involved. Update your address for ICANN once a year? Make sure the domain stays registered - $20 per year max. (Register for 10 years and that effort goes out the window, too.) The game itself is fully automated. I'm sure backups are automated, too. How much do you think hosting costs? It's an html game; bandwidth is negligible. You're looking at $150 or less per month for renting a dedicated server. He could probably get by with hosting for as cheap as $20/month. The number of donators would have to reach a critical low in order for this game to not make money. And for the amount of effort required (read as: none), there's no reason to pull the plug as long as it's making any money at all.
[/quote]

And yet TE was pulled down because of low numbers and probably effort involved was more than what he wanted to deal with for the gain he was getting. The crying to put it back on will only last for so long, and once numbers continue to fall it will probably be taken down for good, the same that will happen to this place.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346534005' post='3027232']
And yet TE was pulled down because of low numbers and probably effort involved was more than what he wanted to deal with for the gain he was getting. The crying to put it back on will only last for so long, and once numbers continue to fall it will probably be taken down for good, the same that will happen to this place.
[/quote]
TE takes slightly more effort in that it has to be reset every so often.
There are probably 2-3 shell scripts that are run in order to do this.
This is assuming the "admin" knows what he's doing.

While still hardly any effort at all, it is substantially more effort than is required to keep CN up and running.

[quote name='Gakumerasara' timestamp='1346534286' post='3027234']
TE takes slightly more effort in that it has to be reset every so often.
There are probably 2-3 shell scripts that are run in order to do this.
This is assuming the "admin" knows what he's doing.

While still hardly any effort at all, it is substantially more effort than is required to keep CN up and running.
[/quote]

He pulled the plug because numbers dropped. Numbers are dropping here, what makes you think he wont pull the plug here?

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346534493' post='3027237']
He pulled the plug because numbers dropped. Numbers are dropping here, what makes you think he wont pull the plug here?
[/quote]
Like I said, TE required a tiny bit of effort; CN does not. As long as CN is generating positive cash flow, there's nothing to do but sit back and rake it in. It doesn't matter how many people leave as long as the cash keeps flowing. Until it stalls (I'm guessing somewhere in the range of $50-100/month profit), there's no reason to pull the plug. When that happens, kiss CN goodbye.

[quote name='Gakumerasara' timestamp='1346534698' post='3027239']
Like I said, TE required a tiny bit of effort; CN does not. As long as CN is generating positive cash flow, there's nothing to do but sit back and rake it in. It doesn't matter how many people leave as long as the cash keeps flowing. Until it stalls (I'm guessing somewhere in the range of $50-100/month profit), there's no reason to pull the plug. When that happens, kiss CN goodbye.
[/quote]

LOL, sorry, but I find it hard to believe Admin will keep this place running for 50-100 a month profit, not when he used to get the kind of money that was scammed from him years ago.

You are right though, and I have banged that gong for pages now. Admin will shut this place down when he doesn't get the profit he wants. I'm just disagreeing with your estimation on money.

I'm off to bed, I'll try to pick this up once I get back from the doctors tomorrow,

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346532037' post='3027226']
Yet another valuable post with lots of brilliant insight into the discussion. Are you that sad you have to just come here to post directed at me? Do you have anything of actual value to add? I think you have absolutely $%&@ all value to add anywhere.

You do like me though, you came into here made zero comments to anyone else but myself, admit it! I'm modern I don't feel threatened by others males attractions to me.

Now you have that out your system, DO YOU AVE ANYTHING TO ADD TO THE DISCUSSION, FOR THE SECOND TIME?

Generally when someone responds to you and your discussing things with you, you tend to respond back like a polite adult does, I know this concept is hard to grasp. discussions are a two way thing.
[/quote]

When I can bring out the level of rage you've shown in this thread simply by replying to your posts, I've added all I need to the conversation. My original post was my main point; when are players like you (eg: those who rage at the slightest provocation and cannot stand the idea of people standing against them) going to leave?

The point that Gaku was making is that 50-$100 per month is better than $0 per month if the game shuts down. Only once the game costs more than profits generate or once the labor becomes too intensive (which is pretty much totally a non-factor) will the game be shut down.

And the point that rebel was making is that once it becomes a binary choice of shutting the game down or trying radical ideas to keep the game afloat, that radical ideas will be tried in a last-ditch effort. You flip flop your stance between ratings/numbers dropping and profit dropping as the reason it'll get shut down, which one is it? If it's the profit, then once the profit disappears any radical shot in the dark is better than just shutting down the site without even trying. And trying radical ideas earlier would jeopardize profits, but if the profits are all gone, what is there left to lose? Nothing besides the time required to implement a monthly subscription etc, which isn't such a radical idea after all.

And all of ^ that ^ is assuming that we hit worst case-scenario and it's a choice between pulling the plug or trying something new, which we might not even hit as Gaku said. Too much doom and gloom.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1346535392' post='3027245']
When I can bring out the level of rage you've shown in this thread simply by replying to your posts, I've added all I need to the conversation. My original post was my main point; when are players like you (eg: those who rage at the slightest provocation and cannot stand the idea of people standing against them) going to leave?
[/quote]

Let me correct you: you could never make me rage, I do know some that could though, you though, nope. It's my posting style towards muppet's like yourself. Don't construe that as rage. Your original point was nothing, a big fat ZERO. It had ZERO content and addressed nothing in the discussion, then again, you rarely do add anything of value. Unlike you, I'm sitting discussing the topic at hand and have zero animosity towards the people that are actually bothering to discuss it, without coming in and acting like an idiot and making jabs at people with no other content. Something you seem to relish. Nobody is raging here, well maybe you are, you seem to have went out your way to make jabs at me. Man crushes are fine, but add to the content. Because it looks from my end you have issues with mad love for me or something. Unless you see me coming into your topics of discussion and just insulting you without cause. Ohhh.............that's right, you don't see that.

So again, add something of value to the discussion of just shut your !@#$@#$ mouth boy!

[quote]The point that Gaku was making is that 50-$100 per month is better than $0 per month if the game shuts down. Only once the game costs more than profits generate or once the labor becomes too intensive (which is pretty much totally a non-factor) will the game be shut down.

And the point that rebel was making is that once it becomes a binary choice of shutting the game down or trying radical ideas to keep the game afloat, that radical ideas will be tried in a last-ditch effort. [b]You flip flop your stance between ratings/numbers dropping and profit dropping as the reason it'll get shut down, which one is it?[/b] If it's the profit, then once the profit disappears any radical shot in the dark is better than just shutting down the site without even trying. And trying radical ideas earlier would jeopardize profits, but if the profits are all gone, what is there left to lose? Nothing besides the time required to implement a monthly subscription etc, which isn't such a radical idea after all.

And all of ^ that ^ is assuming that we hit worst case-scenario and it's a choice between pulling the plug or trying something new, which we might not even hit as Gaku said. Too much doom and gloom.[/quote]

They are all linked, obviously. Poor numbers will equal poor income for him and that will ultimately shut it down. I'm sorry but the guy thinking admin will keep this place open for a 50-100 profit is just being ridiculous and completely way off the mark. Including his estimates on how much effort goes into keeping this cesspit running.

Not doom and gloom, just a touch of realism.

I eagerly await The Rebels idea of mandatory costs and I eagerly await the outcome of that (Last Ditch Effort. Even though it wont happen and this place will be switched off before that happens.

I eagerly await Ernies goonish response of insults.........................HEY BURT!!!!!!!

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1346775528' post='3027830']
I eagerly await The Rebels idea of mandatory costs and I eagerly await the outcome of that (Last Ditch Effort. [b]Even though it wont happen and this place will be switched off before that happens.[/b][/quote]

Can I have the next Euro Millions winning lottery numbers Mystic Meg? :P

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1346787302' post='3027851']
Can I have the next Euro Millions winning lottery numbers Mystic Meg? :P
[/quote]

Yes, let me rub my crystal ball............and it's sceptic peg, gosh..... Everyone knows that. (excuse the Brian Connelly joke)

Edited by Hiro Nakara

Let me correct you: you could never make me rage,
[/quote]

So again, add something of value to the discussion of just shut your !@#$@#$ mouth boy!
[/quote]

I eagerly await Ernies goonish response of insults.........................HEY BURT!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I do know some that could though, you though, nope. It's my posting style towards muppet's like yourself. Don't construe that as rage. Your original point was nothing, a big fat ZERO. It had ZERO content and addressed nothing in the discussion, then again, you rarely do add anything of value. Unlike you, I'm sitting discussing the topic at hand and have zero animosity towards the people that are actually bothering to discuss it, without coming in and acting like an idiot and making jabs at people with no other content. Something you seem to relish. Nobody is raging here, well maybe you are, you seem to have went out your way to make jabs at me. Man crushes are fine, but add to the content. Because it looks from my end you have issues with mad love for me or something. Unless you see me coming into your topics of discussion and just insulting you without cause. Ohhh.............that's right, you don't see that.
[/quote]

You're totally raging. For somebody with a signature like you've got, you'd think you would have a thicker skin. The fact that you're losing your grasp of the English language and posting in caps (along with swearing) makes me believe that you, sir, are positively enraged at the idea that somebody would like posters like you to leave the game. You know, people who harass others (as you did when you were in GOONS) and make them want to leave the game.

Read for context, darling. It'll help you in the long run. Get that right and maybe you'll be able to graduate 8th grade.