The Few, The Forgotten

Subtleknifewielder

A single Destroyer of the Irish Navy begins the long journey to the Antarctica. It has been deployed on a voyage of climate research and possible special weapons testing. A single missile has been loaded onto the ship that bears a nuclear warhead. The rest of the Destroyer's payloads consists of the usual conventional weapons of the Irish Navy. The ship has been well provisioned, crewed with the finest men and women the fleet has to offer, and has been provided with the latest in up to date intelligence that the Irish Navy's Green Slime has at their ink stained finger tips.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On hearing that Sabina wanted another meeting, Colonel Meyers invited her and/or other representatives to meet with him at the base again. When he thought about it he found it curious that a primarily diplomatic facility was more or less run by the military, although he doubted any of the bureaucrats in Washington had any desire to live so close to the south pole. Still though, he'd probably be getting a promotion after his tour here was done, whenever that would be anyway. When the delegates arrived they would be led through the facility to Colonel Meyers office where he awaited their arrival.

This time, instead of coming alone into the Colonel's office (a sign of trust she had been willing to show him as a reassurance to her people), she was accompanied by no less than six of her guard. Though none bore any weapons, and their faces were unveiled, meaning they did not walk in there expecting violence. No, instead, if the colonel wondered what they might be there for, it wouldn't be long before his curiosity would be put to rest. [color="#ff00ff"]"Colonel Meyers,"[/color] Sabina said in that wonderful, lyrical voice of hers. [color="#ff00ff"]"It was once mentioned to me that we might, in time, send individuals to your land, to serve as ambassadors of our people. I come, today, to ask, how might this be done?"[/color]

"Ah yes I do remember that conversation" said the colonel. "In all honesty that request won't be very difficult at all since I'm pretty sure we have an excess of embassy space available. I'm going to assume that these are the diplomats you will be sending?" he said gesturing towards her companions. "I can submit an embassy request on your behalf" he said as he pulled out a stack of forms. "I'll help you fill this out and I'll need your signature in several places. Just basic things like a nation name, ambassador's name, special requests, that kind of stuff. I can also show you pictures and information on available embassy buildings and you can choose one to your liking. Any questions before we get started?".