Hell patrol goes to war

arcticllama

interesting assessment of fair fight...
they outsize us, they outnuke us, and they have almost no casualties... they are full up on money...
we're recovering from a nuclear war with RE and 4 rogues this last week...
we've been pretty tapped out ...

I guess if you look at the numbers that everyone seems to use then it may look fair, but those numbers don't tell the true story...

this is gonna be a bad week:):)

Man, your war with RE ended something like 18 days ago. Surely you've recovered since then. Our war with the Spanish ended about 2 days before that. Unfortunately they were terrible.

And no, we don't outsize you. You were the next alliance up from us on the alliance listings. You have more nations, tech, and infra to start the war. We have more nukes. You were the only alliance that wasn't way more than double our size to have more than a handful of nukes.

As for casualties, the two targets I was assigned both were 36 days old, 1999 and 2100 infra, and both had 0 casualties.

So if they don't have money, its not our fault and it's certainly their fault for being at 2000 infra with no nukes and no MP.

it seems it has been a while since the RE war.. my apologies... I ate 3 nukes and it's taken me a while to recover... only to be knocked down again.. this is a bit trying this round...

and I have 130,000 casualties and lost 890 infra in the last war.. now I have 3 nuke nations on me again??
YAR!
trying... indeed... the telling feature is the difference in fighter quality... and etc... there are so many problems with this:)

besides.. we fought you last round... RD doesn't declare war on the same alliance in sequential rounds... it seems like a reasonable policy to me.. but ohwell...

I'm just bellyaching now...

this round is a wash for me anyway.. I have class several nights a week during changeover.. I am unable to fight effectively this semester.. ohwell...

I guess i was justifying my argument from the stats of my nation:)
I may still be able to go for the casualty rank:)

but you didn't really have much of a fight with them... I'm looking at the casualty counts of 6 opponents and mine total more than all of theirs combined...

We'll help that along :)

[quote name='arcticllama' timestamp='1318231165' post='2822057']
but you didn't really have much of a fight with them... I'm looking at the casualty counts of 6 opponents and mine total more than all of theirs combined...

We'll help that along :)
[/quote]

Casualty counts don't always mean that much. My casualties are low and I got nuked 3 or 4 times and lost 1200 infra in the last war thanks to the nukes, air and CMs. If Stelios' troops hadn't been allergic to grass I might've had some more ground defeats too.

[quote name='arcticllama' timestamp='1318224945' post='2822025']
interesting assessment of fair fight...
they outsize us, they outnuke us, and they have almost no casualties... they are full up on money...
we're recovering from a nuclear war with RE and 4 rogues this last week...
we've been pretty tapped out ...

I guess if you look at the numbers that everyone seems to use then it may look fair, but those numbers don't tell the true story...

this is gonna be a bad week:):)
[/quote]

I was nuked 4 times in the war with OP and LE and lost around 1300 infra. Thankfully I had barely enough of a WC to pay my bills and recover afterwards :D We've had two wars too, one defensive and one offensive.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1318259872' post='2822240']
I was nuked 4 times in the war with OP and LE and lost around 1300 infra. [/quote]

Actually, it was three. But whose counting. :P

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1318282094' post='2822441']
Actually, it was three. But whose counting. :P
[/quote]

Hmm, thanks for correcting me. I thought it was four all along, but I looked at the news reports and you're right.

Well for me I've been nuked 2 times in the OP and LE, and 3 times from WAPA :P so I'm tied with being nuked the most amount of times in TE right now with colonel mustard. Since we both have been nuked 5 times since the start of the round :nuke:

Also have fun in your war guys

Edited by KillerCruiser

Wait... but the reports must be missing something. I had four nukes before the war started, and I launched all of them. But the stats screen only shows 2 of my launches. Am I missing something here?

1: no.. they seem to have omitted the DOW.. hence my post....

2: THP has recieved only 1 nuke total this round to date...

I've eaten three:):)

the casualty count in association to nukes can vary greatly if you choose whether or not to replenish your ground troops... not having the casualties after being nuked is an option.. but that takes getting nuked to be in position to choose it.. and THP hasn't been nuked this round except for the one... that will of course be changing tonight, but not having to rebuild from nuclear war does lend to a much stronger nation at the outset.....

well... I miss update tonight.. in class.... please be kind and wait for me :):)

heh.. worth a try :)

I'm all for a good war, and the stats are balanced enough, so let's rock and roll.

Seriously though, have some honor and at least make a DOW instead of just hiding all round and sniping. Kinda feel like that's one [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105927&view=findpost&p=2821737"]reason[/url] TE loses nations so fast...

Edited by CubaQuerida