The GM's Court

Centurius

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't an official decision on two issues the last time the arose, so may we have formal rulings for:

What happens when the GM election is a tie?

What happens to an appointed 4th neutral GM if the GM team changes during a war?

Thanks!

Edited by iKrolm

There wasn't an official decision on two issues the last time the arose, so may we have formal rulings for:

What happens when the GM election is a tie?

What happens to an appointed 4th neutral GM if the GM team changes during a war?

Thanks!

Unless the other GM's overturn my decision on this matter.

1. If there is a tie for the third spot the candidates with the same amount of votes will be part of a 24-hour runoff to decide which one gets the final seat.

2. If a new GM has no conflict of interest the conflict GM will be removed.

Unless the other GM's overturn my decision on this matter.

1. If there is a tie for the third spot the candidates with the same amount of votes will be part of a 24-hour runoff to decide which one gets the final seat.

2. If a new GM has no conflict of interest the conflict GM will be removed.

I have no argument with the two decisions on this matter, but I think that we should add an asterisk to number two on that list. Just to make things all neat and official.

The new GMs who take over the decision making during the conflict shall be privy to the private discussions between the outgoing neutral 4th Conflict GM and between the two sides, which includes PMs and IRC logs if possible. This will allow for the incoming GM to better ascertain the situation, and be able to make more informed decisions.

I'm sorry, but is there not a rule about making posts unreadable? Its unfair when not everybody has spent their life reading military magazines or studying it in college.

Yes, the rule is ask the other guy if you don't understand something.

I have no argument with the two decisions on this matter, but I think that we should add an asterisk to number two on that list. Just to make things all neat and official.

The new GMs who take over the decision making during the conflict shall be privy to the private discussions between the outgoing neutral 4th Conflict GM and between the two sides, which includes PMs and IRC logs if possible. This will allow for the incoming GM to better ascertain the situation, and be able to make more informed decisions.

case by case is my suggestion, what if the parties involved are happy with their 4th GM?

Let them keep the person, works for them. 

Are you deploy imager or SAR Satellites.  (We've got countermeasures for both I believe I have a chance to counter RP).  Also I assume you're retasking them.

Quoting Zephyr's post;

... Satellites and Stealth UAV's would be deployed to locate the Tianxian Navy around Venezuela, particularly it's Aircraft carriers. ...

The detection methods are, as we see, two-pronged.

That said, there should be an envelope in which Tianxia has the chance to intercept the satellites that are being tasked with finding its fleet.

As for the Stealth UAVs, a successful roll should garner intelligence for Zephyr, but post-spyroll RP could result in (a) UAV(s) being destroyed if done properly by Triyun. Total failure, should constitute the UAV being bounced by a Tianxia Combat Air Patrol or air defense systems, which would result in interception and ultimate destruction.

Annnnd this is why I like people doing rp before spy rolls are issued. Can't really weigh in on this.. Shammy, your potato. 

I want that potato baked, with sour cream, but-, oh wait...

Triyunspyroll.png

Two Rolls, both for locations of his navy in Venezuelan war.

As there were two different types of detection measures used to find Triyun's fleet, the rolls will be split into one roll for satellite surveillance, other for the UAVs.

As per standard regulations, and the nature of this being done during a combat situation, these rolls are subject to being able to be countered by RP, and must be roleplayed out to account for a successful mission.

Both rolls are 1-50 Success, 51-100 Failure.

Roll 1: Satellite Surveillance; Result - 99

Roll 2: UAV Detection; Result - 24

Are you deploy imager or SAR Satellites.  (We've got countermeasures for both I believe I have a chance to counter RP).  Also I assume you're retasking them.

Lol, lemme look those up real quick.

Alright, as far as I can tell I intended it to be imageing and to be more of passively passing over the location searching for your fleet. Now you being able to detect that in space among all the other satellites... Well I'll have to see how you do it so I can copy it. Because I have no clue how that would be possible. I could see a possible detection occurring when I retasked them, but unless you blew up any satellite that moved over you you'd lose it as soon as it moves out of your field of view.

I intended that short bit to be the extent of my spyroll RP, but I can elaborate a bit on both if you would like.

Edited by Lord Zephyr

Actually certain nations with the logistical infrastructure CAN track satellites.  However it requires you to have a global capability.  The only countries IRL that can do it are US/UK.  The Sovereign Initiative nations have a long RPed shared capability, we have stations in Asia, Europe, Antarctica, the Carribean, the Atlantic, Alaska, and the Pacific.  

Nations without an equal span of territory would need to come up with an equally large amount of territory to do it from.

In your case spy satellites go through sun synchronous orbit which means they go over the poles and probably Tianxia.  At this point the tracking stations in Alaska, other parts of the world, and Antarctica pick up any variations you make and they can be immediately be updated.  Additionally, there is no way you put your system in orbit in the first place without us knowing who launched it because you would have set off the early warning IR satellites around the world after which point new orbital objects would show up.  Tracking then is pretty easy to do for any major power who existed prior to you, this includes Tianxia.

So yeah its a big perk of being both older and part of global hegemony.

Two spy rolls, one for signals intelligence over the country, the other for multi spectral imagery of underground facilities.

Actually certain nations with the logistical infrastructure CAN track satellites.  However it requires you to have a global capability.  The only countries IRL that can do it are US/UK.  The Sovereign Initiative nations have a long RPed shared capability, we have stations in Asia, Europe, Antarctica, the Carribean, the Atlantic, Alaska, and the Pacific.  

Nations without an equal span of territory would need to come up with an equally large amount of territory to do it from.

In your case spy satellites go through sun synchronous orbit which means they go over the poles and probably Tianxia.  At this point the tracking stations in Alaska, other parts of the world, and Antarctica pick up any variations you make and they can be immediately be updated.  Additionally, there is no way you put your system in orbit in the first place without us knowing who launched it because you would have set off the early warning IR satellites around the world after which point new orbital objects would show up.  Tracking then is pretty easy to do for any major power who existed prior to you, this includes Tianxia.

So yeah its a big perk of being both older and part of global hegemony.

screenshot20130428at650.png

Two spy rolls, one for signals intelligence over the country, the other for multi spectral imagery of underground facilities.

Alright, so at 70% odds;

1-30 - Failure

31-100 Success

33    64

Two successes, guv'nor.