The GM's Court

Centurius

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1335868265' post='2961551']
Just wondering, for clarification...you say players. If this is the case, would not something like getting a RL friend (who does not participate in the RP) to help you with the post be exempt?
[/quote]

Technically, yes.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1335871728' post='2961562']
There’s a rule against having other players write your posts?
Time for Generalissimo to write out one formal amendment to fix that.
[/quote]

Yes and it's based on the fact you can't roleplay two completely independent states so to properly get rid of this rule you'll need to challenge that one too.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1335865870' post='2961540']
To clarify what Triyun said, in itself that piece is against the rules too. However it is judged on a case-by-case basis where war posts are obviously punished harder than other posts and in some cases other posts will be completely left alone. This last situation counts for that post. That said, in principle you shouldn't use content written by other players nor should you write content for other players.[/quote]
I call utter and absolute BS on invalidating posts that aren't concerned with war just because someone who isn't even participating in CNRP wrote it. This is ridiculous. I'm not going to recognise this ruling as it stands, and my earlier post while drunk stands.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1335884404' post='2961617']
I call utter and absolute BS on invalidating posts that aren't concerned with war just because someone who isn't even participating in CNRP wrote it. This is ridiculous. I'm not going to recognise this ruling as it stands, and my earlier post while drunk stands.
[/quote]

One post above yours.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1335884504' post='2961618']
One post above yours.
[/quote]
So if they don't participate in CNRP, it's excempt from that rule, hence my trial post shenanigans are still valid.
Alright. I can live with that.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1335884562' post='2961619']
You ever heard of a brown bag Lyn? Seriously.
[/quote]
Wutski?

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1335884590' post='2961620']
So if they don't participate in CNRP, it's excempt from that rule, hence my trial post shenanigans are still valid.
Alright. I can live with that.
[/quote]

Yes, considering in that case it isn't a loophole of the more than one nation rule.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1335884562' post='2961619']
You ever heard of a brown bag Lyn? Seriously.
[/quote]
[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1335884590' post='2961620']
Wutski?
[/quote]
For stress. You put the small paper bag to your mouth and breathe in, breathe out. Repeat until you are calm. ;)

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1335920933' post='2961924']
Oh subtle you're like 5.

The brown bag rule is that you're not allowed to drink booze in a public outdoor space. Therefore you put it in a brown bag.
[/quote]
hey, it works as a right answer. You're just upset it's not the same answer. :P

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1335920933' post='2961924']
Oh subtle you're like 5.

The brown bag rule is that you're not allowed to drink booze in a public outdoor space. Therefore you put it in a brown bag.
[/quote]

Or the other brown bag rule that states if you bring home a real bowser of a bird and you aren't drunk enough to have your way with her so in that case it would be acceptable to put a brown paper bag over her head.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1335938675' post='2962130']
As a nation, no, as a company yes.
[/quote]

So mercenary companies with land and civilian populations are exempt from this rule:

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1335884367' post='2961616']...you can't roleplay two completely independent states...[/quote]

Where is the line drawn between the two?

(@ the GMs)

Edited by iKrolm

Mercenary organizations, if there is another state, still need a clearly identifiable link to that state. For example Artemis being tied to whatever nation Sargun was part of or Hellenic World Services visibly being part of Athens.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1335958527' post='2962223']
What about if the person splits their forces and devotes some of them to another player's sovereign nation, but only plays one sovereign nation/mercenary company of their own?
[/quote]

We've never banned expeditionary forces, though those forces would need to be rp'd by said player and not the nation receiving them.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1335958870' post='2962226']
We've never banned expeditionary forces, though those forces would need to be rp'd by said player and not the nation receiving them.
[/quote]
That's not what I meant. I mean he's playing as part of England, not mercenaries or expeditionary forces or some such. He's playing actual English forces.

Eidt: But yeah, he is playing them himself. No one else is doing that for him.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1335958988' post='2962227']
That's not what I meant. I mean he's playing as part of England, not mercenaries or expeditionary forces or some such. He's playing actual English forces.

Eidt: But yeah, he is playing them himself. No one else is doing that for him.
[/quote]

That is allowed and for OOC definitions are considered expeditionary.

Edited by Centurius