Signature Contest

Sephiroth

In order to enter the contest you must create a new signature and submit it for the contest, but to enter the contest you need to agree to send out either $3m or 50 tech to the winner if it ends up not being you. Each person who submits a signature for entry into the contest agrees to contribute to the winners prize if it ends up not being them. Each person who enters into the contest will get 2 votes to use on what they think are the best 2 signatures, but they can't use both votes on the same signature. Everybody can only enter one signature into the contest.

1st Place - Gets 60% of prize tech/money
2nd Place - Gets 30% of prize tech/money
3rd Place - Gets 10% of prize tech/money

So if 500 tech is the total amount being contributed by those entering the contest, 1st place would get 300 tech, 2nd place would get 150 tech, 3rd place would get 50 tech. If 1,000 tech is entered as prize money, but then 1st, 2nd and 3rd place would get double the amount each as they would if it was 500 tech. For the purpose of this contest, 50 tech and $3 million will be considered of equivalent value, so depending on how much tech vs money people use to enter the contest, winners will be to choose between the tech and money. If there is only tech or money left in the prize, then whichever is available will be given to the winners. Winners can choose to have part of their reward send to other nations of their choosing if they don't have enough slots to receive their entire reward.

I'll enter this signature I just made as mine and will pledge 50 tech to go to the winner's prize.

[img]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/Methrage/sig3.jpg[/img]

So far there the prize is 50 tech to whoever wins, but with each person who enters the contest the prize amount will increase. I have 2 votes to use on who I think should win, but can only use a maximum of one of those on my own signature, so everyone who enters needs to vote for at least one signature submitted by someone else.

So rules,
1. Submit Signature you've made.
2. Pledge either 50 tech or $3m to pay the winner if you lose.
3. After we're done accepting new entries, everyone in the contest will need to vote for 2 different signatures. We'll allow at least 5 days for people to enter, although if less 10 people have entered by then it will be extended to 1 week before voting starts to allow more entries.
4. The signature with the most votes wins 1st, 2nd most votes gets 2nd, 3rd most votes gets 3rd. Remember only those who have entered the contest can vote, although if someone wants to pledge money/tech to winner without submitting a signature of their own, they'll be allowed 2 votes on who they think should win despite having no chance of winning themselves.

Before its time to vote on the winning signatures and while new entries are being accepted, participants may submit a new signature for consideration in the contest, but then their previously submitted signature won't be considered in the contest.

One slot worth of money/tech anyone can afford, so I figure a contest like this can be fun and give people who participate a chance to win a lot more. I look forward to seeing who enters the contest and the quality of sigs submitted. I'll update the OP to include those who wish to participate and agree to the contest rules.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1311054447' post='2759041']
How could anyone hope to compete with that masterpiece.
[/quote]
If it looks like I'm going to lose while entries are still being accepted, I could try making a better one. Although losing 50 tech even if I lose is no big deal for me, the competition and seeing what people will submit to try winning will be the interesting part of the contest.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1311055326' post='2759049']
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/viceroy.png[/img]

I don't lose so no 50 tech from me.
[/quote]
You need to agree to the rules for your signature to be included in the contest, although if you enter and win you won't need to pay any tech. If you're wrong about winning and enter the contest, you'll need to agree that you'll pay either 50 tech or $3m towards paying the winners. If you don't think you'll lose that shouldn't be problem for you, but if you enter you can only use 1 vote towards your own sig and 1 vote for another signature, so it would take more than just you deciding you should win for it to happen.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1311055908' post='2759053']
Xoin cant lose its unpossible
[/quote]
If he's not willing to risk 50 tech or $3m to try winning, then him winning would be impossible. If enough people who want to participate in this want him to win and he decides to enter, then his chances would be better.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1311056504' post='2759079']
Got a spare 3m :awesome: ?
[/quote]
I see no reason you can't afford it yourself, although the prize money doesn't need to be sent directly from your nation. If you worked it out with one of you tech dealers, you could have someone send 50 tech they owe you from a tech deal to the contest winner instead of yourself if you lose. Also someone could agree to pay the money on your behalf so you can enter, I guess in exchange you could agree to give them a share of your prize if you win. You would still get 2 votes, which can't be used on the same signature. Also you need to use both your votes, you can't just vote for your own and refuse to use your other vote on someone else's signature. By having 2 votes and needing to vote for a signature other than your own ensure everyone doesn't just vote for themselves, but also increase at least one other person's chances of winning by 1 vote as well.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1311056874' post='2759085']
for you ive got 300mil :)
[/quote]
Lets do this then, we can..[color="#8B0000"]O̢̪̩̹̳͑̎̀ͯ̿ͣ̽̔H̴̳̝ͫ̽̑̾̓G̶͋͞҉̦͍Ò̌̊҉̟̭̝͎D̴̤͇͇̥͙̬ͦ͒ͨ̃͆͜I͍̗ͨ̾̉H͚͖̘̳͊ͧ̔͢͞A̡̢̖̳ͦ̽͐V̝̫͎̺͛ͯ̓̽͆ͫ̆̀̕͟E͍͈͙͓̩̳̘͆ͪͩͭ̄̉̏ͅN̶͈̰̻̓̄̆̓͂͛͋̚͟E̩̣͚̱̳̟̦͌ͦ͡ͅV̷̵̨͚̣̥͑̃ͮE̸̳̞͖ͨ̔ͣ̈̚͢R̛̰̺̜̦͕̒ͦ̋ͣͯṠ̷̪͈͚͉̻̀E͑ͪͬͫͮ҉̝̲͈̳͍͓̱Ȇ̷̻̻̖̱̓ͤͦ͜Ṉ̹̗̐͐̌̔͘ ̱̩̺̝̿̾ͧ͆̋̊̋́S̡̛̪̰̞̟̤͕͉̦ͫ̀̌ͨͫO̴̪̲̦̬̠̖̲̍̽̔̀̎̌͗͐̈ ̡̭̯͔̝̿͛̃͗̏̑̐̅͟M̸̛̓̚҉̳Ư̶͈̤̙̰͎͊̏̀̂̈C͒̽͑̒ͯͬ̉̃̊͏̨̤͙̜H̸͖̭͈̄͒̉ͯ ̴̧͎̰͎͈̩̪̌̿Ḇ̵̬̜͙̙̭ͨ̆̊̎ͨL͎̒̔ͧͤƠ̲̓̉̄̇͋ͨ͜O̥̗͖ͫͦD̞̩͖͓̹̬̮̖͊͒͘͜[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1311057254' post='2759091']
I guess in exchange you could agree to give them a share of your prize if you win.
[/quote]
Systemfailure can get all the prize money.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1311057474' post='2759095']
Systemfailure can get all the prize money.
[/quote]
If he confirms he's willing to contribute at least $3m or 50 tech towards the prize to enter your signature, then yours will be added. Also he will need to decide if he wants to be the one to vote on the winning sigs or if he agrees to pay the money but wants to let you vote instead.